• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DACA Kids?

The FACT is that they are currently adults. So either one would have to be a comlete idiot to not know this, or a Liar trying push this Lie as Truth. I am sure the readers can determine which applies.

Seems like there are Alternate facts!

Does not matter, what matters is how they ended up here in the first place and that they really have no other country since this is where they grew up. Seems like you are the one trying to ignore the Facts, Noted.

One example of legal Immigration. does not set the standard to ignore federal law as it applies to illegal immigration.

Then you deal with illegal immigration, but that is a Separate topic from DACA.

The truth of the truth of the matter is the Repubs and Trump want DACA, legal/illegal immigration, and the Wall all tied together so the Dems have no alternative but approve a Wall if they want DACA approved, the Dems did not play along, good for them.

The Fact being that they All came here as Kids. So either one would have to be a complete idiot to not know this, or a Liar to trying and push this Lie as Truth, I am sure the readers can determine which applies.

Obviously the media and politicians are full of complete idiots then, since they continue to call them 'kids'. They are not saying 'came here as kids', but that they are kids.

Do they, funny I do not see them saying the budget will not pass over chain migration, must be in your imagination. Never happen, so there is that.

And yet, that's exactly what has happened. They voted no to the one month budget to avoid shutting down the govt., because DACA wasn't part of the BUDGET extension.

Obviously the media and politicians are full of complete idiots then, since they continue to call them 'kids'. They are not saying 'came here as kids', but that they are kids.

They were kids when brought here and yes many still are, nothing wrong with that. So you want to punish someone that had no say in being brought here, have grown up here, and often having no ties to any other country, how Christian of you.................

And yet, that's exactly what has happened. They voted no to the one month budget to avoid shutting down the govt., because DACA wasn't part of the BUDGET extension.

Nope, that is not what happened, chain immigration was not the issue and never was. Kicking the can down the road is BS, I agree with the Dems, deal with it Now, or find a new job.

We do not need a BUDGET EXTENSION, we need a Budget, one that covers at least 12 months. We all know what this is about and it one side trying to take away any leverage the other has, seems like the Dems caught on and refused to play the Repub game.

They were kids when brought here and yes many still are, nothing wrong with that. So you want to punish someone that had no say in being brought here, have grown up here, and often having no ties to any other country, how Christian of you.................

You are reading to much into what I said. I'm not against it. I'm talking about the media and politicians calling them 'kids' all the time.

Nope, that is not what happened, chain immigration was not the issue and never was. Kicking the can down the road is BS, I agree with the Dems, deal with it Now, or find a new job.

Ok. shut everything down over an agreement, that has nothing to do with a one month budget, an agreement that will not effect anything until March. Yeah, makes perfect sense. :roll:

Ok. shut everything down over an agreement, that has nothing to do with a one month budget, an agreement that will not effect anything until March. Yeah, makes perfect sense. :roll:

But one month budgets make sense to you. Not me, I want to see a Budget that cover at Least the next 12 months, more would be preferable but that seems beyond the talents of our Reps.

But one month budgets make sense to you. Not me, I want to see a Budget that cover at Least the next 12 months, more would be preferable but that seems beyond the talents of our Reps.

So would I. I don't agree with a shutdown though. I bet it wouldn't happen if all those voting was going to lose income.

So one turns into three turns into seven.

I think that's the point.

They turned down a six year funding for CHIPS in order to stall the DACA program and hold it hostage for budget funding, yet DACA does not expire until March 23rd.

The democrats are counting on the media to blame the Republicans as they always do when the democrats are at fault. They agreed to everything in the bill, them moved the goal posts. Nancy Pelosi left out the side door of the Senate wing when she and Schumer sat down, and then agreed to walk out of the deal. Why?

They feel that this will help them win house seats in the California elections this fall, and there is a governor's race going on, also.

They don't give two squirts of owl **** about DACA. They want total amnesty for everyone who sets foot here regardless of who they are.

I don't think that's true, actually - at least not as a general rule.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/29/trump-should-make-daca-deal-and-save-dreamers-now-commentary.html

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is set to expire in March, creating an urgency in Congress to pass a law protecting the 800,000 undocumented immigrants brought here as children through no choice of their own.

The new law aims to give these so-called "Dreamers" protection from deportation and the ability to work here legally and pay taxes.
Dreamers and DACA explained - CNNPolitics

Who's been protected by DACA?
These are undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States as children, a group often described as Dreamers.
About 690,000 young adults are currently protected under the DACA program and officials are processing more than 34,000 additional first-time applications, according to the latest government figures.

A Dreamer solution both parties can agree on (Opinion) - CNN

(CNN)Congress is running out of time to reach a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals deal for individuals brought to the United States as children by undocumented parents.

According to fwd.us, an organization founded by tech companies advocating for immigration reform, if a deal is not reached soon, nearly 300,000 DACA recipients, 1,700 per business day, could be removed from the workforce between March 6 and November 6, 2018. And, remember, these are some of the most productive members of our community, including accountants, collegiate and professional athletes, medical students, lawyers, teachers and members of our military working every day to protect this country.

Rally For DREAMers Planned In Denver « CBS Denver

“Undocumented youth who are coming of age and would normally be eligible for DACA are not able to start the process under the latest court order, which makes congressional action that much more important,” organizers stated.

Any examples of the "media" referring to them as little children?

They turned down a six year funding for CHIPS in order to stall the DACA program and hold it hostage for budget funding, yet DACA does not expire until March 23rd.

The democrats are counting on the media to blame the Republicans as they always do when the democrats are at fault. They agreed to everything in the bill, them moved the goal posts. Nancy Pelosi left out the side door of the Senate wing when she and Schumer sat down, and then agreed to walk out of the deal. Why?

They feel that this will help them win house seats in the California elections this fall, and there is a governor's race going on, also.

They don't give two squirts of owl **** about DACA. They want total amnesty for everyone who sets foot here regardless of who they are.

So sorry but the guilt play does not work with me, the Repubs knew from the beginning that without DACA being addressed their bill was DOA from the start, not to mention that kicking the can down the road month by month is not how to run a government. Time they all got back to work and worked out a deal, this only forces them to do so.

So sorry but the guilt play does not work with me, the Repubs knew from the beginning that without DACA being addressed their bill was DOA from the start, not to mention that kicking the can down the road month by month is not how to run a government. Time they all got back to work and worked out a deal, this only forces them to do so.

They had a deal. The democrats just want to make publicity over the issue.

That might be a point if they were not paying taxes and not making positive contributions by their service to our nation and society as a whole.

That's a different point. I don't have enough information to comment on your anecdotal post but it does demonstrate the problem with chain migration.

The pubs are willing on give on DACA...the dems have to be willing to give more on the wall and reform.....you have to give to get....

Right now, the dems arent giving, they just want to take

I guess we will see how this plays out in the polls....but more importantly in the red states, where so many dems are vulnerable

I love Russian roulette....especially when I know which chamber the bullet is in

The pubs are willing on give on DACA...the dems have to be willing to give more on the wall and reform.....you have to give to get....

Right now, the dems arent giving, they just want to take

I guess we will see how this plays out in the polls....but more importantly in the red states, where so many dems are vulnerable

I love Russian roulette....especially when I know which chamber the bullet is in
The polls are already going to work against the Repubs and they know it, hence why they are pushing what they can while they can. Many Repub seats are up for grabs and the voting populace will show up to voice their opinion, we shall see which side wins, my guess is that one house of Congress is going to go to the Dems and the other stays Repub controlled, let's just hope they can work together better than they did last time around.

One example of legal Immigration. does not set the standard to ignore federal law as it applies to illegal immigration.

Here's a clue: she was an illegal immigrant - came over on a tourist visa, overstayed her visa, and benefited from the Reagan amnesty. And America's the better for it.

Here's a clue: she was an illegal immigrant - came over on a tourist visa, overstayed her visa, and benefited from the Reagan amnesty. And America's the better for it.

There are 500,000 million Indians and 500,000 Chinese who feel they have the same right to break in as she did.

Actually that is false. Everyone with half a brain knows what is the meaning of "DACA Kids": kids who were brought into the country by their parents.

Here - I'll give you an example of "chain migration". My wife came here back in '81. She finally got her citizenship, and petitioned her two brothers (which btw was no longer allowed even in the Obama administration), and it took twenty-five years for them to arrive here. They both have full-time jobs, and of their four children (combined) who are here, one's an E-5 in the Navy, one's in an Ivy-League university (and about to graduate with a degree in immunology), one's in college, and one's about to enter college.

Yeah, them immigrants are all bad, terrrrrrrrrrrible people who are just a grinding burden upon the taxpayers, I guess - we know that because YOU say so, never mind what I see with my own eyes....

Who said they were all bad people

And my wife is an immigrant also...And we are still waiting for 5 more relatives to be allowed to come over

Legal vs illegal....different stories, and mostly different outcomes

Actually that is false. Everyone with half a brain knows what is the meaning of "DACA Kids": kids who were brought into the country by their parents.

So why do they use the "kids" so much?

Because they all were kids at the time they entered the country. :doh

Duh. Do you refer to yourself or your friends and people around you as 'kids' just because you were at one time?

When the headline or politician says "The GOP is trying to kick kids out of the country" Do you honestly think they mean it any other way than to gather public sympathy and pull at heartstrings? Or, because they were kids when they entered the country 20 or so years ago. Please be honest.

Back
Top Bottom