• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus' spread in GOP territory

My own state (Massachusetts) has had its fair share of protesters, but our cases have been declining.

Citations needed.

Anyone not wearing masks or maintaining social distancing is vulnerable, irrespective of whether they're 'rioters' or not. That includes you.

So you admit the rioters are contributing greatly to the current spikes. About time. I'll stand by for the walk back.

Coronavirus''' spread in GOP territory, explained in 6 charts

Coronavirus first spread in the United States as a mostly coastal and big-city scourge, sparing many rural areas, small towns and even small cities. Translated into U.S. political geography: The virus hit Democratic areas first.

No more. An Associated Press analysis of coronavirus case data shows the virus has moved — and is spreading quickly — into Republican areas, a new path with broad potential political ramifications.

States that President Donald Trump won in the 2016 election account for about 75% of the new cases, a trend that has accelerated since the end of May. Counties that voted for Trump in 2016 have seen cases and deaths rising — now seeing an impact nearly even with counties that voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton.

The virus’s spread into red America could scramble partisan divisions over the disease. In the first phase, the virus was an undeniable reality for many Democrats, and it largely fell to Democratic governors and mayors to issue the strictest stay-at-home orders that helped slow the economy to a crawl.

Trump’s base, meanwhile, wasn’t so directly affected. His supporters have been less likely to support preventive measures, more likely to believe dangers were exaggerated and less likely to worry about friends or family contracting the virus. Some Republican governors followed the president’s lead, taking longer to issue stay-at-home orders, making the orders less strict when they did, and then more eagerly relaxing the limits on business operations in late April and May.

Already the latest surge is forcing some GOP governors to reverse course. It remains unclear whether it will also force GOP voters to reassess their opinion on the virus and their leaders’ handling of the crisis.

New York’s Democratic governor, Andrew Cuomo, last week pulled no punches in seeking some vindication for himself and other Democrats who battled the virus first and faced skepticism from Trump and other Republicans.

“You played politics with this virus, and you lost,” he said on CNN, indirectly addressing Republicans who downplayed the virus. “You told the people of this state, you told the people of this country, the White House: ‘Don’t worry about it. Go about your business. This is all Democratic hyperbole.’”

“It was never politics,” Cuomo said. “It was always science.”
=====================================================================
We're not going to beat COVID-19 as long as we continue to treat this as a political argument rather than a national public health crisis.

The left and its paid media is sticking to it's schedule. Look for the virus to be completely out of the news by November 3.

Should I remind you of your previous (failed) 'predictions'?

My predictions were closer than all the so-called experts. June 10 was the deadline, and I beat them all. So please feel free to post on them and brag on them. Thanks.

I’ve given up on this debate.

The right claims this is all an issue in liberal controlled areas, now liberals are saying this is a problem in conservative controlled areas.

In the meantime between all this foolishness we see the US as a whole account for single digits of the world’s population but headed north of 25% of the world’s cases.

Perhaps we are doomed.
The problem isn't the areas. The problem is policies. When NY was hit, Governor Cuomo took the advice of medical experts and scientists and locked down all but essential businesses, mandated social distancing, ordered that everyone wear a mask in public and signed an executive order allowing private businesses to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask. All of that was effective in dropping infections to the point where NY is not a trouble spot and businesses are reopening and people are returning to work.

Contrast that with Gov. Pete Ricketts of Nebraska who informed local government officials that they will not qualify for federal coronavirus funds unless they do not mandate the wearing of masks while they're inside government facilities.
Yes, you read that right. Unless local and county offices refuse to mandate masks, no federal dollars. This is the policies one gets when we have a president that refuses to follow his own federal guidelines and GOP state officials that will follow Trump off a cliff.

My predictions were closer than all the so-called experts. June 10 was the deadline, and I beat them all. So please feel free to post on them and brag on them. Thanks.

Rubbish. You have failed every single time (just like your pre-school attempt at math), and now you're doubling down on failure. That takes a special sort of person. How come everybody but you can see it?

And still among the highest death rate, and toll in the country. 4th highest, in fact. Wait until that "lagging indicator" catches up. ;)

So much winning, right? I believe America has the world's highest rates of Covid-19 infection. At least you can claim to be numero uno in one area.

And still among the highest death rate, and toll in the country. 4th highest, in fact. Wait until that "lagging indicator" catches up. ;)

Massachusetts had a bad outbreak, but its response to get things under control has been excellent compared to almost every other state. And I was responding to your post about protesters being the cause of the increase in cases, but this doesn't appear to be true because there are a lot of protesters here and we haven't seen a rise.

The problem isn't the areas. The problem is policies. When NY was hit, Governor Cuomo took the advice of medical experts and scientists and locked down all but essential businesses, mandated social distancing, ordered that everyone wear a mask in public and signed an executive order allowing private businesses to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask. All of that was effective in dropping infections to the point where NY is not a trouble spot and businesses are reopening and people are returning to work.

Contrast that with Gov. Pete Ricketts of Nebraska who informed local government officials that they will not qualify for federal coronavirus funds unless they do not mandate the wearing of masks while they're inside government facilities.
Yes, you read that right. Unless local and county offices refuse to mandate masks, no federal dollars. This is the policies one gets when we have a president that refuses to follow his own federal guidelines and GOP state officials that will follow Trump off a cliff.

No it really is not, the problem is the total and complete absence of leadership from the President resulting in the States having to figure it out on their own after Trump abandoned the nation on this issue (i.e. once the pandemic was in full swing with no real chance for any State to mimic EU responses and stats.)

I no longer care about the stats of a Republican ran State or a Democratic ran City, what I do care about is this is getting so out of hand that we account for what... 4% of the world's population but have 25%, and climbing, of the world's reported cases. Something like that.

We now see New York telling travelers from Texas, Florida and Georgia that to come there means a 14 day self quarantine.

This is not all happening because of a Republican or Democratic ran State, or Democratic ran City, or whatever else.

This is happening *exclusively* because of Trump's disastrous claiming lives policy ignorance and avoidance, emphasis on economy for his reelection ambitions over the safety of the nation. And Trump is willing to go so far as to ignore his own advisors and departments telling him we have a growing problem with no real end in sight.

That is why I have given up on this debate of where it is spreading in this nation and who is in control there, Trump looked to the States and basically told them to do whatever they wanted and... pray.

Sooo, after Dem policies killed countless thousands, you're now on track to containment? Better late than never I guess. We'll see, I hope it's true.

Which specific dem policies led to thousands being killed in MA?

Back
Top Bottom