• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN reporter shouts at Trump: 'Will you stop calling the press the enemy of the people?'

Maybe the press should stop being the enemy of truth and the purveyor of BS...

But Mr Acosta would probably be out of a job if integrity in journalism were a requirement.

Reality has a liberal bias.

First off, intelligent and legitimate criticism of Trump is fair game. Take his ridiculous stance on trade for one, and his unpresidential Tweets for another. Fair.

But since when is it that political advocacy, such as many 'news' (political propaganda) media outlets have indulged themselves in (and gaslighting for their favored political agenda and narratives) is being a 'friend' of the people? When really, the people are in need of the facts of the matter, and not political opinion / leanings from what are supposed to be factual hard news reporting?

Seems to me that it wouldn't.

It further seems to me that the 'journalists' in the 'news' need to decide, once and for all, if they are active advocates of political policies, activists, or actual reporters of political news. The two don't go together, and they need to decide on one or the other.

wow eorhn, if only you posted this 17 years ago I could respect you. Oddly you didn't notice anything "amiss" until now and there is nothing "amiss" about criticizing your dear leader and putin puppet.

He is not attacking the free press by curtailing them or limiting them. He is simply making fun of them. They deserve it.

Calling the press "the enemy of the people", is an assault on the first amendment. Without a free press, America would fall to fascism.

In fact, his calling the press the enemy of the people is right out of the demagogue dictator's playbook.

That's not making fun of them, that's Anti-American and promoting Putin's agenda.

Of course it does.

Mr Godwin is alive and well.

This thread really isn't the "Godwin Rule' where debates eventually descend into comparisons to Hitler.

No, this one started out that way.

Actually, to me this seems like the ultimate demonstration of the First Amendment - the press can blast Trump and Trump can blast back.

Except that the Office Of The President Of The United States should be more responsible than to call the press, "the enemy of the people", because many 10s of millions will believe it, and that fact serves Putin's interest, not Americas.

The press may be a lot of things, but it is the ONLY thing separating America from falling into an abyss of fascism.

The only thing, and to attack as the press publicly as "the enemy of the people", is pure evil, and Anti-American for the consequences of doing it.

No president in history has publicly referred to the press in this way. Nixon said the press was the enemy, as in his enemy, and he did it privately.

What trump is doing is unprecedented, and dangerous.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...outs-at-trump-will-you-stop-calling-the-press

CNN reporter Jim Acosta needled President Trump on Friday as he delivered his first in-person remarks on Thursday's deadly shooting at The Capital Gazette newspaper in Maryland.
============================================
Trump's repeated attacks on the free press reminds me of what Hitler did after he came to power in 1933. https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007655

Half the press is the enemy of the people. They do give false information, its not just a Trump conspiracy, they are literally are against him.

wow eorhn, if only you posted this 17 years ago I could respect you. Oddly you didn't notice anything "amiss" until now and there is nothing "amiss" about criticizing your dear leader and putin puppet.

Sorry Vern. You are on ignore for your previous behavior.

Should it change for the better (no indications of that), I may consider engaging with you.
Until then, you remain on ignore for a very good reason
(although I doubt that you can either see it or admit it).

Good bye, and good life.

Except that the Office Of The President Of The United States should be more responsible than to call the press, "the enemy of the people", because many 10s of millions will believe it, and that fact serves Putin's interest, not Americas.

The press may be a lot of things, but it is the ONLY thing separating America from falling into an abyss of fascism.

The only thing, and to attack as the press publicly as "the enemy of the people", is pure evil, and Anti-American for the consequences of doing it.

No president in history has publicly referred to the press in this way. Nixon said the press was the enemy, as in his enemy, and he did it privately.

he has reason to cause the public to disbelieve what the media reports

just as he has been undermining the legitimacy of the Mueller investigation

tRump does not want the people to believe the awful things about him that Mueller will soon disclose

Acosta is a partisan hack pretending to be a reporter. That's dishonest.

What's dishonest? That Trump keeps calling the press the enemy of the people in rallies where he is throwing red meat to his base? What are your "alternative facts"? Forget Acosta. It's recorded in video.

Half the press is the enemy of the people. They do give false information, its not just a Trump conspiracy, they are literally are against him.

The will of their Ego/Utopia is more important to them than the truth is.

Real journalists dont do that.

So-Called journalists do.

SAD

What's dishonest? That Trump keeps calling the press the enemy of the people in rallies where he is throwing red meat to his base? What are your "alternative facts"? Forget Acosta. It's recorded in video.

You best concentrate on the Truth/Not Truth ratio of his statement rather than attempting to reach into his ID trying to figure out what he is doing.

You best concentrate on the Truth/Not Truth ratio of his statement rather than attempting to reach into his ID trying to figure out what he is doing.

Wut?

He is just asking him to stop calling people doing their job the enemy of the people. Obama could have easily called Fox News the enemy of the people, as could Hillary. But they didn't. Trump does. How do you get Truth/ Not Truth from that?

Wut?

He is just asking him to stop calling people doing their job the enemy of the people. Obama could have easily called Fox News the enemy of the people, as could Hillary. But they didn't. Trump does. How do you get Truth/ Not Truth from that?

They dont do their jobs.....that is the point.

They are the so-called journalists.

They dont do their jobs.....that is the point.

They are the so-called journalists.

Why aren't they doing their jobs? What would you have them say, or not say, to have them "do their jobs"?

While setting up Trump University, the recruiters were also told not to talk to the press. The press was defined as the enemy back then as well. But you know why, don't you? Because they would expose the scam. Is that what it takes not to be an enemy of the people and do your job?

Why aren't they doing their jobs? What would you have them say, or not say, to have them "do their jobs"?

While setting up Trump University, the recruiters were also told not to talk to the press. They were defined as the enemy. But you know why, don't you? Because they would expose the scam. Is that what it takes not to be an enemy of the people and do your job?

Why arnt they doing their jobs....that is an interesting question...In part it is because America is so corrupt that it is impossible to imagine corporate owned journalism outfits working...but I think the bigger problem is that people are generally stupid, willful, and out for their brand AKA themselves over everyone and everything else.....The So-Called journalists decided that they had more important to them things to do other than journalism a lot of them and of course it is what they want that matters not what others need not what is good for America......... and most of the rest of the so-called journalists are so dim that they know neither what journalism is nor do they understand or care about its importance.

They turned in increasingly bad work for many decades and not enough citizens could ever be found to object to their crap work and demand better.

Thanks for asking, this is a very interesting subject.

Last edited:
Why arnt they doing their jobs....that is an interesting question...In part it is because America is so corrupt that it is impossible to imagine corporate owned journalism outfits working...but I think the bigger problem is that people are generally stupid, willful, out for their brand AKA themselves over everyone and everything else.....The So-Called journalists decided that they had more important to them things to do other than journalism a lot of them, and most of the rest of the so-called journalists are so dim that they know neither what journalism is nor do they understand or care about its importance.

They turned in increasingly bad work for many decades and not enough citizens could ever be found to object to their crap work and demand better.

Thanks for asking, this is a very interesting subject.

By listening to them, I have learned that Trump still hasn't shown us his tax returns. He told us we weren't going to believe what his "top people" were finding on Obama's birth certiifcate. He also said that he had the largest inauguration crowds in history, when it was far less than Obama's. He said he would support Republicans 1000% on immigration, then left them in the lurch.

Is any of this wrong?

By listening to them, I have learned that Trump still hasn't shown us his tax returns. He told us we weren't going to believe what his "top people" were finding on Obama's birth certiifcate. He also said that he had the largest inauguration crowds in history, when it was far less than Obama's. He said he would support Republicans 1000% on immigration, then left them in the lurch.

Is any of this wrong?

The truth can be found but it is getting increasingly hard as the so-called journalists increasingly are willing to straight up lie boldly....a tactic that Trump imitates.

IF the press did its duty fairly and impartially you'd have a point. It doesn't so you don't. The large majority of the news media serves and the propaganda ministry for the left wing.

The truth can be found but it is getting increasingly hard as the so-called journalists increasingly are willing to straight up lie boldly....a tactic that Trump imitates.

Why? What are you talking about? Everyone except Fox News has apologized when they have inadvertently made a mistake in reporting, which happens only rarely. Fox and Trump are the only ones who double down when their lies are exposed: Fox News has been sued in court for FORCING their employees to lie. They have successfully defended themselves though, not by saying it was a mistake, or that they are sorry, but by saying that freedom of press means they can legally lie and they can legally force their employees to lie. The courts have agreed. Some defense. And Trump.... well, Trump is Trump. He has been lying- malignantly, viciously, and maliciously, at a relentless pace of about 6 times a day, for the last two years.

And you really want us to think this is the same thing as occasional misreporting, followed by profuse apologies, by the media?

Come on, man. Surely you have to see how crazy that sounds. There is absolutely no equivalence.

Why? What are you talking about? Everyone except Fox News has apologized when they have inadvertently made a mistake in reporting, which happens only rarely. Fox and Trump are the only ones who double down when their lies are exposed: Fox News has been sued in court for FORCING their employees to lie. They have successfully defended themselves though, not by saying it was a mistake, or that they are sorry, but by saying that freedom of press means they can legally lie and they can legally force their employees to lie. The courts have agreed. Some defense. And Trump.... well, Trump is Trump. He has been lying- malignantly, viciously, and maliciously, at a relentless pace of about 6 times a day, for the last two years.

And you really want us to think this is the same thing as occasional misreporting, followed by profuse apologies, by the media?

Come on, man. Surely you have to see how crazy that sounds. There is absolutely no equivalence.

I see lying and/or gross stupidity in the majority of journalism product....a good 80% of this is what is not in the story/propaganda pitch that I know should be, I know because I got myself educated.

I see lying and/or gross stupidity in the majority of journalism product....a good 80% of this is what is not in the story/propaganda pitch that I know should be, I know because I got myself educated.

How did you get yourself educated?

How did you get yourself educated?

Curiosity and tenacity....plus being a naturally pretty bright boy.

That plus figuring some important things out early in life, earlier than most....which might have been good luck...or it might have been something else.

IF the press did its duty fairly and impartially you'd have a point. It doesn't so you don't. The large majority of the news media serves and the propaganda ministry for the left wing.

What bullcrap. You've been conned. Just because some reportages doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's propaganda.

Our media, of all political persuasions is not "the enemy of the people", and it's furthering the Putin agenda and totally irresponsible, if not treasonous, for a president to say it on national TV.

In fact, that the prez does this makes the president the enemy of the people.

Moreover, polarization has blossomed owing to the seed planted via the repeal of the fairness doctrine, by Reagan. Before that repeal, reportage was who, what, when, why & how and if a pundit has a particular viewpoint, stations were required to air an opposing view so that there was fairness in media.

If Repubs were fair, or concerned with fairness in media reportage, they would reinstate that doctrine.

Dems would definitely vote for it in both the congress and senate. The only time a democrat had control of both houses and a senate supermajority, was for only 72 days, and during that small window of time, passage of the ACA, a 2700 page bill, took up all the oxygen. Dems would definitely need a supermajority because it was repubs who repealed the doctrine owing to a "laissez-faire" philosophy.

But, repubs do not need a supermajority in the Senate, many dems would vote for it, if not all of them. Heck, you'd only need one or 2 republicans for it's passage.

So, until Trump does this, do not lecture me about "propaganda ministry".

Back
Top Bottom