• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN reporter shouts at Trump: 'Will you stop calling the press the enemy of the people?'

Contextomy fallacy. Putting words in peoples mouths is no way to go through life dude.
woo hoo, I have a new phrase to add to my "conservative buzzword bingo" cards. I just hope I don't ever need "Contextomy fallacy" to win.

Acosta is a partisan hack pretending to be a reporter. That's dishonest.

There's no such thing as a hack reporter until one kneels at the throne of the man who INVENTED "We report - you decide" AND "Fair and balanced".

REASON?
Roger Ailes' original memo that was the seed that started Fox News contained this oppositional depth charge to the concept of fair and balanced:

“Today television news is watched more often than people read newspapers, than people listen to the radio, than people read or gather any other form of communication. The reason: People are lazy. With television you just sit—watch—listen. The thinking is done for you.

The thinking is done for us, Roger? How does that square with "we report, you decide"?
Doesn't sound very fair and balanced to me.

For example, Trump was elected by "the people," yet the media has done it's best to attack him, and, by extension, they're attacking the integrity of the American people. Plus, every time we turn around, there's more false narratives -- so many, many more.

Is a media that lies to the people a friend of those people? Riddle me that.

I cant believed you posted such sewage. President Obama was elected by the people (I don't need quotes because he had a majority of the votes) but your conservative masters attacked him with non stop lies. You cant say that about Trump. He's simply being criticized for his words and actions. In fact, he's attacked us with his non stop lies. anyhoo, riddle me this, what did you think about these lies from your conservative masters

President Obama was born in Kenya
His BC is a forgery
He wants to kill old people
the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies

That's the short list of lies from your masters. And HT, those are actual examples of my point. We only have your "assurances" that the mean ole media lies about trump.

Acosta is a partisan hack pretending to be a reporter. That's dishonest.

There's no such thing as a hack reporter until one kneels at the throne of the man who INVENTED "We report - you decide" AND "Fair and balanced".

REASON?
Roger Ailes' original memo that was the seed that started Fox News contained this oppositional depth charge to the concept of fair and balanced:

“Today television news is watched more often than people read newspapers, than people listen to the radio, than people read or gather any other form of communication. The reason: People are lazy. With television you just sit—watch—listen. The thinking is done for you.

The thinking is done for us, Roger? How does that square with "we report, you decide"?
Doesn't sound very fair and balanced to me.

Sorry guys, but for all the shrieking you do about hacktivist journos, seems like you're just spouting more distrust of American institutions, and we all know where the Mecca for that is.

5a95227d15e9f9034f79d275.jpg

You've been doing a lot of sitting - watching - listening, and not very much thinking.
You've been trained well, comrades.

maxresdefault.jpg

Trump lies to the people, and some love him for it. Lies don't mean a damn thing to Americans anymore. If they like the way it sounds they'll pretend it's the truth, and a truth that they don't like is called a lie.
And that 'elected by the people' dodge is just ridiculous. Every President is elected and every President is criticized. Trump's the only one I ever heard call the press 'the enemy of the people' for criticizing him.
If you take a step backwards and look at that, it's frightening.

So untrue... In fact more than ever, Americans are only moderately trustful of the News Media and have even a lower opinion of social media type news.
Americans express only moderate trust in most news source types and continue to have much lower trust in social media | Pew Research Center

I cant believed you posted such sewage. President Obama was elected by the people (I don't need quotes because he had a majority of the votes) but your conservative masters attacked him with non stop lies. You cant say that about Trump. He's simply being criticized for his words and actions. In fact, he's attacked us with his non stop lies. anyhoo, riddle me this, what did you think about these lies from your conservative masters.

I'm trying to figure out who you mean by "conservative masters." Certainly not MSM because they bent over backwards to kiss Obama's cute little derriere.

President Obama was born in Kenya
His BC is a forgery
He wants to kill old people
the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies

As far as I know -- these came from a small, but very vocal group -- mostly just yahoos -- no masters to speak of. You can compare them to the yahoos today (you know, those redneck libs) that spread all kinds of garbage about Trump (golden showers, et. al.).

But this thread isn't really about the fringe groups -- it's about the mainstream media, that really should be impartial.

But isn't.

That's the short list of lies from your masters. And HT, those are actual examples of my point. We only have your "assurances" that the mean ole media lies about trump.

When someone has to use term's such as "master" it indicates deep frustration and anger. Well, you'll be happy to know that I understand that you're in a bad place and I don't take such bellyaching personally.

Now, why not get back on topic?

and of course you are well over 100, and remember it oh so well...right?

gawd....

the amount of bias the media has shown over the past few decades is astounding...of course you cant see it

if you remember Hitler...do you remember Cronkite? Harry Reasoner? real journalism?

facts...the who, why, where, what, when, and the how

the viewer was left to ponder as to what it all meant...he/she wasnt told what to think as they are now

and at the end of the broadcast there was a 60-90 second op-ed piece on something important

do you remember that?

And then Faux News came along and destroyed honest journalism by kissing Trump's ass constantly.

Getting out of propaganda and going back into journalism would be a start.... they need to stop trying to sell their favored agenda and start working to explain the goings on of this society clearly and fairly. Right now they have nearly zero interest in that.

Journalistic integrity is virtually dead.

The media (which took a stand agaisnt Trump back in campaign) has not yet understood that they are their own worst enemy. They think that if they run the narrative (a false narrative) that the American people will roll over and play dead.

To be honest, I kind of thought that would happen too -- until Trump was elected in spite of all the media spin and hatred. Only then did I begin to realize that the American people are not fooled as easily as I originally thought.

We live in interesting times.

Trump lies to the people, and some love him for it. Lies don't mean a damn thing to Americans anymore. If they like the way it sounds they'll pretend it's the truth, and a truth that they don't like is called a lie.
And that 'elected by the people' dodge is just ridiculous. Every President is elected and every President is criticized. Trump's the only one I ever heard call the press 'the enemy of the people' for criticizing him.
If you take a step backwards and look at that, it's frightening.

I don't find it frightening in the least. I find it refreshing. It's puts MSM on notice that they will no longer get by telling tall tales. They've been caught in way too many lies and now they're getting called out.

It's kind of like lancing a boil -- the infection oozes out and the cockroaches run for cover.

I find it fascinating to watch.

Journalistic integrity is virtually dead.

The media (which took a stand agaisnt Trump back in campaign) has not yet understood that they are their own worst enemy. They think that if they run the narrative (a false narrative) that the American people will roll over and play dead.

To be honest, I kind of thought that would happen too -- until Trump was elected in spite of all the media spin and hatred. Only then did I begin to realize that the American people are not fooled as easily as I originally thought.

We live in interesting times.

That worked till some of us figured out that they had taken the BUS DRIVER TO UTOPIA job, and that a lot of the passengers :2wave: never consented to the journey.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...outs-at-trump-will-you-stop-calling-the-press

CNN reporter Jim Acosta needled President Trump on Friday as he delivered his first in-person remarks on Thursday's deadly shooting at The Capital Gazette newspaper in Maryland.
============================================
Trump's repeated attacks on the free press reminds me of what Hitler did after he came to power in 1933. https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007655
Actually, to me this seems like the ultimate demonstration of the First Amendment - the press can blast Trump and Trump can blast back.

So untrue... In fact more than ever, Americans are only moderately trustful of the News Media and have even a lower opinion of social media type news.
Americans express only moderate trust in most news source types and continue to have much lower trust in social media | Pew Research Center

Gawd, you must be joking. There's not a day goes by here without some right whinger posting Tweets from random crackpots and calling it 'what the left thinks'. You guys will swallow anything if it's dished up by someone you know is on your side. Some rightard will start a thread with a crap story, be debunked on the fourth post in the thread and be back tomorrow with another shovelful.

Gawd, you must be joking. There's not a day goes by here without some right whinger posting Tweets from random crackpots and calling it 'what the left thinks'. You guys will swallow anything if it's dished up by someone you know is on your side. Some rightard will start a thread with a crap story, be debunked on the fourth post in the thread and be back tomorrow with another shovelful.

Oh excuse me for thinking you wanted to have an adult discussion...

So says the slobbering Hillary haters.....Fox News Host=Brain Dead Bimbos

Didn't negate what I wrote above about your sexist nonsense.

Slight problem here.

As long as the 'news' (political propaganda) media keeps being an active participant and advocate of public policy and politics they favor, rather than being an honest reporter of facts about them, its very difficult to discern between Russia like influencing of US politics and what the 'news' (political propaganda) media are doing.

If journalists and the news media wish to regain credibility and trust, then they need to stop being active participants and advocates of public policy and politics and return to reporting facts about them.

Last edited:
Acosta, like many other reporters nowadays, has no class. He's the ambulance chaser of the press corps.

Acosta at some point, decided to make himself the story. I'm not sure if he set out to abdicate his duties as a journalist, but perhaps he thought his role best played out as "activist" and "resistance" and went in whole hog.
There'a also an affinity for all of the attention and popularity and "atta boys" which comes from the left, when people like Acosta decide to go full-on Norma Rae.

This thread is pretty worrying.

I use it to think DP was simply a microcosm of the political landscape, that the idiocy on here wasn’t that prevalent outside...

But now.

How many on here agree that those that speak against Trump are an “enemy of the people”.

You simply have to be ****ed in the head, literally looney toon crazy ****ed from your pinky toe to your end of your hair follicles to believe that’s true.

This thread is pretty worrying.

I use it to think DP was simply a microcosm of the political landscape, that the idiocy on here wasn’t that prevalent outside...

But now.

How many on here agree that those that speak against Trump are an “enemy of the people”.

You simply have to be ****ed in the head, literally looney toon crazy ****ed from your pinky toe to your end of your hair follicles to believe that’s true.

It's very concerning, to say the least. That one man, the POTUS, no less, has turned some of this country's citizens from "freedom loving patriots" to those who eschew what we stand for as a nation.

And then Faux News came along and destroyed honest journalism by kissing Trump's ass constantly.

Fox news is no worse than CNN, and the Big Three- you are far more likely to see a liberal view on Fox than one on the left wing propaganda organs

Fox news is no worse than CNN, and the Big Three- you are far more likely to see a liberal view on Fox than one on the left wing propaganda organs
Fox *is* worse than CNN, but that's not going to be high praise of CNN from me.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Fox *is* worse than CNN, but that's not going to be high praise of CNN from me.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

only because you are center left not center right.

Back
Top Bottom