• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN reporter shouts at Trump: 'Will you stop calling the press the enemy of the people?'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...outs-at-trump-will-you-stop-calling-the-press

CNN reporter Jim Acosta needled President Trump on Friday as he delivered his first in-person remarks on Thursday's deadly shooting at The Capital Gazette newspaper in Maryland.
============================================
Trump's repeated attacks on the free press reminds me of what Hitler did after he came to power in 1933. https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007655

Of course it does.

Mr Godwin is alive and well.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...outs-at-trump-will-you-stop-calling-the-press

CNN reporter Jim Acosta needled President Trump on Friday as he delivered his first in-person remarks on Thursday's deadly shooting at The Capital Gazette newspaper in Maryland.
Trump's repeated attacks on the free press reminds me of what Hitler did after he came to power in 1933. https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007655

and of course you are well over 100, and remember it oh so well...right?

gawd....

the amount of bias the media has shown over the past few decades is astounding...of course you cant see it

if you remember Hitler...do you remember Cronkite? Harry Reasoner? real journalism?

facts...the who, why, where, what, when, and the how

the viewer was left to ponder as to what it all meant...he/she wasnt told what to think as they are now

and at the end of the broadcast there was a 60-90 second op-ed piece on something important

do you remember that?

Maybe the press should stop being the enemy of truth and the purveyor of BS...

But Mr Acosta would probably be out of a job if integrity in journalism were a requirement.

But Mr Acosta would probably be out of a job if integrity in journalism were a requirement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Acosta - Sounds like pretty good creds to me.

The only place where I see a lack of integrity in journalism is at Fox News. Good thing they dropped that 'Fair & Balanced - You Decide' crap. That was the apex of hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Most of them would be.

The only place where I see a lack of integrity in journalism is at Fox News. Good thing they dropped that 'Fair & Balanced - You Decide' crap. That was the apex of hypocrisy.

Acosta is a partisan hack pretending to be a reporter. That's dishonest.

Of course it does.

Mr Godwin is alive and well.

Trump opened that door when he said the American intelligence agencies were just like Nazi Germany.

Speaking of fascists, since when does being critical of the President make you an enemy of the people? Since Trump became the President, that's since when.

Acosta, like many other reporters nowadays, has no class. He's the ambulance chaser of the press corps.

He is not attacking the free press by curtailing them or limiting them. He is simply making fun of them. They deserve it.

Trump opened that door when he said the American intelligence agencies were just like Nazi Germany.

Speaking of fascists, since when does being critical of the President make you an enemy of the people? Since Trump became the President, that's since when.

It doesn't make you an enemy of the people. I, for instance, criticize his implementation of trade tariffs. That's now how you improve an economy. Nobody wins in a trade war.

Trump has done a lot of amazing stuff already. To trip up on this is very disappointing. Nevertheless, he still has my vote. He is not perfect by any means (no one is), but he is trying, and he is independent of media (they can't STAND that!).

People throw around 'facist' and 'facism' a lot these days. They are typically used as a general insult to anyone seen as authoritarian. This is using them like buzzwords. It is not what they mean at all.

Facism is a term describing a type of Marxism. The other form Marxism takes is communism. There is a difference.

Under communism, the state owns everything. There is no private ownership of factories, businesses, or land. Everything is run by the state, which has no profit motive and no sense of market demand. It requires a government organized as a dictatorship or an oligarchy. It produces no wealth. It must steal wealth from others to sustain itself.

Under fascism, you get to own your business, take the risks for starting it and building it up into a profitable business. Then the government takes over management of your business and tells you what you will sell, how you will sell it, what price you can charge for it, and where you can sell it. But you still own the business. You still take all risks for 'running' it. Fascism too requires an oligarchy or dictatorship to function. Like communism, it produces no wealth on its own. It must steal the wealth from others to sustain itself.

Both forms of Marxism bring poverty, shortages, and misery. The promised Utopia is not obtainable.

Trump, while authoritarian (he IS the President, you know!) is not a fascist. He supports the concepts of capitalism, that one form of economic model that can create wealth out of literally nothing. He supports that form of government known as a republic. He wants to dismantle as many of the current oligarchies in the United States as he can. It's not possible of course, too many people are too dependent on them as it is, but he will do what he can. This is the 'deep state' Trump is always referring to. This direction is the exact opposite of Marxism, facism, or communism.

Acosta, like many other reporters nowadays, has no class. He's the ambulance chaser of the press corps.

this is laugh-out-loud stupid reminiscent of the alt-right criticizing katie couric for having the temerity to ask palin what news media she read ... only because that simple question caught caribou barbie so off guard

It's everywhere, dude. There really is no integrity in journalism anymore.

It's everywhere, dude. There really is no integrity in journalism anymore.

you so nailed it. we all should be so indignant at the press for revealing lies, incompetence, and corruption

this is laugh-out-loud stupid reminiscent of the alt-right criticizing katie couric for having the temerity to ask palin what news media she read ... only because that simple question caught caribou barbie so off guard

Apples and oranges.

Couric's question was during a one on one interview.

Acosta was in back of a crowd during a public event shouting over the applause.

you so nailed it. we all should be so indignant at the press for revealing lies, incompetence, and corruption

Contextomy fallacy. Putting words in peoples mouths is no way to go through life dude.

and of course you are well over 100, and remember it oh so well...right?

gawd....

the amount of bias the media has shown over the past few decades is astounding...of course you cant see it

if you remember Hitler...do you remember Cronkite? Harry Reasoner? real journalism?

facts...the who, why, where, what, when, and the how

the viewer was left to ponder as to what it all meant...he/she wasnt told what to think as they are now

and at the end of the broadcast there was a 60-90 second op-ed piece on something important

do you remember that?

You don't have to be over a hundred. Just read a damn history book.

If the media does not want the label of being the enemy of the people, it needs to quit trying to portray situations that are not reflective of the people.

For example, Trump was elected by "the people," yet the media has done it's best to attack him, and, by extension, they're attacking the integrity of the American people. Plus, every time we turn around, there's more false narratives -- so many, many more.

Is a media that lies to the people a friend of those people? Riddle me that.

If the media does not want the label of being the enemy of the people, it needs to quit trying to portray situations that are not reflective of the people.

For example, Trump was elected by "the people," yet the media has done it's best to attack him, and, by extension, they're attacking the integrity of the American people. Plus, every time we turn around, there's more false narratives -- so many, many more.

Getting out of propaganda and going back into journalism would be a start.... they need to stop trying to sell their favored agenda and start working to explain the goings on of this society clearly and fairly. Right now they have nearly zero interest in that.

Jim Acosta is moron.

Trump lies to the people, and some love him for it. Lies don't mean a damn thing to Americans anymore. If they like the way it sounds they'll pretend it's the truth, and a truth that they don't like is called a lie.
And that 'elected by the people' dodge is just ridiculous. Every President is elected and every President is criticized. Trump's the only one I ever heard call the press 'the enemy of the people' for criticizing him.
If you take a step backwards and look at that, it's frightening.

You don't have to be over a hundred. Just read a damn history book.

I have read a lot

And Trump is nothing like Hitler....

He may be a buffoon, an idiot, and one of the worst choices for president in history

But let’s not get ridiculous....k?

Your conservative masters appreciate your obedience. when democracy ends in this country, people like you will celebrate the end of tyranny.

Back
Top Bottom