• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britain bans gasoline and diesel cars starting in 2040

Get the wife to snap a few photos?

She knows how to send them. I'll bug a millenial to teach me how to send them to DP. As a retired Chem/physics teacher, I taught the awesome minds for the future. I was good at letting them teach .

You should be thrilled at the incredible advances in technology that you will see this century during your many years still left on this planet.

You will see human missions to Mars and Titan. Nuclear fusion will be online in 10-15 years.

Fossil fuels have served their purpose. Time for a complete overhaul of the energy grid. Brought to you by this Chemist and Physicist .

When those advances are real and not merely promised I will take advantage of them

But bullyiing people by taking choices away from them is stupid and indicates less confidence in the big talk being thrown around by the greenies

The fact is if 15 years go by and the lost secrets of Atlantis have not been perfected they will be just as happy to worship Mother Earth in the dark

She knows how to send them. I'll bug a millenial to teach me how to send them to DP. As a retired Chem/physics teacher, I taught the awesome minds for the future. I was good at letting them teach .

Give me a heads up where you post them......riding out or trailering? From where/

So triggered. By anything British, it seems.

I've forgotten more about Teddy Roosevelt than he'll ever know. He was the president who inspired the construction of Mount Rushmore .

Give me a heads up where you post them......riding out or trailering? From where/

Car vacations since 1973. I BS with lots of bikers out there. Many fly in their machines from the east coast and then start traveling Montana and Wyoming.

They're not all wild maniacs at Sturgis. Quite a white collar group out there. We're staying in Keystone, less than 2 miles from the Great Faces, walking distance .

There are countries that are a lot more ambitious than the UK. For example, Norway wants to ban fossil fuel cars by 2025.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/norway-phase-out-petrol-and-diesel-cars-2025

I believe it to be a realistic target because Norway have the oil money to afford an early transition, also plug in electric vehicles already is 29 percent of new car sales in Norway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_electric_vehicles_in_Norway

Also, it is good that big oil producing countries like Norway can take the lead to transition to a renewable energy. Both because they can afford it, that their so called “oil fund” is close to 200 000 dollars for each Norwegian citizen. While at the same time their early transition can make the transition for countries like the UK both easier and faster.

When those advances are real and not merely promised I will take advantage of them

But bullyiing people by taking choices away from them is stupid and indicates less confidence in the big talk being thrown around by the greenies

The fact is if 15 years go by and the lost secrets of Atlantis have not been perfected they will be just as happy to worship Mother Earth in the dark

Try having a little more fun with DP, especially with your 'own kind'. Then you'll be ready for fun with us.

Fusion is very real in your not too distant future. Electromagnetic fields are now containing plasma.

Solar is the transition from fossil fuels to fusion. Just as maglev tracks are currently online in the first world, excluding the USA .

My arguement is sound

If gas cars are on their way out naturally why are you bullying manufacturers and consumers with new laws?

Manufacturers are going electric and hybrid...they see what the tech will do for them.

Manufacturers are going electric and hybrid...they see what the tech will do for them.

They have Teddy Roosevelt vision for the future. This is an exciting time to be alive for the incredible advances that will come in technology. I just wish I had another lifetime to see them all .

Try having a little more fun with DP, especially with your 'own kind'. Then you'll be ready for fun with us.

Fusion is very real in your not too distant future. Electromagnetic fields are now containing plasma.

Solar is the transition from fossil fuels to fusion. Just as maglev tracks are currently online in the first world, excluding the USA .

I'm all for that stuff when it exists somewhere in the real world and not just in your imagination

And if it ever does you wont have to send thugs with official uniforms around to confiscate gas automobiles

The public will give them up willingly

Its easy to twist the manufacturers arms

But consumers have to be forced to buy them or they will just sit on the dealers lots

I'm all for that stuff when it exists somewhere in the real world and not just in your imagination

And if it ever does you wont have to send thugs with official uniforms around to confiscate gas automobiles

The public will give them up willingly

What world are you living in where you envision thugs, besides those of trump and his cabal ?

I wonder if Britain will wave the tax on electricity for charging up all those cars?
Supposedly, all of the electricity will come from nuclear, solar, wind, tides, and nations unlivable for man ...

Its easy to twist the manufacturers arms

But consumers have to be forced to buy them or they will just sit on the dealers lots

Ford had a different model, making sure all of his employees could afford a car .

How do you suppose they will charge those vehicles?

I am sure there was someone 100 or so years ago, bemoaning where they were going to fill all those horseless buggies, gas stations, wave of the future.

What world are you living in where you envision thugs, besides those of trump and his cabal ?

Greenies enforcing environmental law the way taliban thugs enforce muslim law?

That not difficult to envision at all

I am sure there was someone 100 or so years ago, bemoaning where they were going to fill all those horseless buggies, gas stations, wave of the future.

That is hardly an answer to his question.

The two can't be compared as one takes a few minutes to fill a tank and the other takes a half hour or longer to charge a car.

You will see a complete retrofitting of public transportation in cities to solar and electric as a transition to fusion. Ever see the Jetsons. Amazing how real life is about 60 or so years behind TV.

Fossil did a great job. Give them a hip hip hooray and time to move into the 21st century in earnest, following the lead of the rest of the Nations working with us on ITER/fusion/plasma .

That is hardly an answer to his question.

The two can't be compared as one takes a few minutes to fill a tank and the other takes a half hour or longer to charge a car.

Until the technology gets better, which will most definitely happen in your lifetime .

A good read:

Are cars really going to disappear?

Politicians are in charge of what happens on their watch, not what happens decades from now, everyone keeps forgetting that. When we find them passing laws on what is going to happen during 2040 the correct response is to laugh at them.

Greenies enforcing environmental law the way taliban thugs enforce muslim law?

That not difficult to envision at all

Get back to me when you're ready to meet half-way and lose your greenie/Taliban thug moronic nonsense .

Not really an answer to the question...was it?

At electric stations. Think of all the new jobs in this multi-billion dollar industry .
Awesome. And where will the electricity come from?

Back
Top Bottom