• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Submitted His Resignation To Trump

Re: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns from Trump White House

Sessions' chief of staff, Matthew Whitaker, will serve as acting attorney general, Trump announced. Whitaker also will assume oversight of the ongoing investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, and possible collusion by Trump's campaign in that meddling.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/trump-says-attorney-general-jeff-sessions-resigns.html

Good news, because this has been an abusive often silly cluster**** to this point....

Maybe we can be more professional now.

Sessions was a fool.......Humiliated by trump......If trump thinks Mueller will go away...He is sadly mistaken...Blue State America ready to bring him down

If so why didn't they as you say "take him down" yesterday? Because they did not have the juice to do it. Just wait till he nominates his 3rd Supreme Court justice.
There will be hemorrhoids popping every where on the left. ;)

When the charge is that our President is dirty then the Justice System has a duty to the people to find out the truth fast, and to relay that information to the people fast.

Our system has failed completely to do so, this is abuse of the nation for apparent political aims.

MUELLER SUCKS!

Any investigation that Robert Mueller does will not be 'fast' but it will be accurate and whatever goes before a federal court gets a guilty verdict, that's a guarantee. He's not going to jeopardize his long-standing career integrity simply to satisfy Republicans crying for the probe to end. He headed the investigations of mobster John Gotti, Panamanian strongman Manuel Noriega and the 1988 Pan Am Flight 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland. It took seven years to convict John Gotti and it only happened after Robert Mueller was handed the case of the 'Teflon Don' who escaped prosecution several times before Mueller was assigned his case.

Muller will do things once and it will take him time to get it done, but once he's finished everything is tied up neatly and completely and nobody walks away unscathed from a Mueller indictment.

TRUMP'S GOING TO PRISON!!!

BINGO! If Trump had known Session would recuse himself this whole disaster would have been avoided.

Yes, and Trump has said as much. I don't know that it's a disaster. It was going to happen - we all knew that - but the timing is interesting. Sessions knew. If your boss is bad mouthing you on a national stage, do you really think your job is on solid ground?

He can not make money from his position, if he ever golfed anywhere but his own properties you may have a point but he doesn't, and that is just one example of many.

The services were the release of the stolen emails just before the election as to JRs orders as proven by his emails. He specifically talks about the timing of the releases...

Oh and not a single thing in the dossier has been disproven, and it was not a grey area it was perfectly legal. Trump even had another company doing exactly the same kind of research on Hillary, they found nothing. That was legal.

Can we PROVE hes making MONEY from his position though, I know its a word game... But all his business interest were PRIOR to him being POTUS, KINDA hard to correlate it as a crime. Now if he had ZERO business and all of a sudden the popped up. Common its pretty transparant, if the IRS or anyone REALLY saw it as a chargeable crime you guys would be ALLL OVER IT. Why is there NO legal indictments?

Services were the release of the stolen emails? Someone did it, NO ONE has taken credit, Russians nor Wiki leaks, wiki leaks has NOT divulged where they obtained it. As for timing again I think it as an issue of misprint, It was reported that he found out on the 4th. But the ACTUAL email date shows the 14th and the news media released it on the 10th . *edit* Found it.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/08/business/media/cnn-correction-donald-trump-jr.html

"CNN’s erroneous scoop, about the email to Donald Trump Jr., rocketed around cable news and social media on Friday morning. But it fell apart after The Washington Post reported that the email — which included a decryption key to access hacked documents — was dated Sept. 14, not Sept. 4, as CNN initially reported. WikiLeaks publicized links to the documents in question on Sept. 13."

Nor has ANYTHING in the Dossier have been PROVEN to be true. common Russian Strippers pissing on Trump?

As for gray I call it gray because a normal sensible citizen like you and me would not go through a law firm to go through a research firm to go to a foreign intelligence guy. That is some rule skating BS if you ask me?

As for the Carter FISA report.... shed some light on that fact was that dossier used as a bulk intelligence document in the FISA App. as I ONLY See Source#1 in all the redacted parts of the FISA report? If there was MORE than 1 source, why not UN redact just that, source 2, source 3, source 4....unless there was NO other sources?

So again Gray area cause you are right everyone does it.... just a sneaky legal way of doing it... pretty crappy if you ask me... Just dont use a false, unverified document to obtain a FISA warrant. NO?

BINGO! If Trump had known Session would recuse himself this whole disaster would have been avoided.

Sessions HAD to recuse! But Trump saw Sessions as being disloyal to HIM not loyal to the oath of office Session took. The Department of Justice is its own separate branch of government, it's not an arm of the President. That's SEPARATION OF POWERS and that's precisely what Trump could not tolerate. If Trump knew anything about the law he SHOULD have known that, but he doesn't know and doesn't care a whit about U.S. laws. He only cares about HIS laws, "be loyal to me or you're done!". That's more important to him than the law or facts. He saw Jeff Sessions only as a personal attorney to HIM.

Any investigation that Robert Mueller does will not be 'fast' but it will be accurate and whatever goes before a federal court gets a guilty verdict, that's a guarantee. He's not going to jeopardize his long-standing career integrity simply to satisfy Republicans crying for the probe to end. He headed the investigations of mobster John Gotti, Panamanian strongman Manuel Noriega and the 1988 Pan Am Flight 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland. It took seven years to convict John Gotti and it only happened after Robert Mueller was handed the case of the 'Teflon Don' who escaped prosecution several times before Mueller was assigned his case.

Muller will do things once and it will take him time to get it done, but once he's finished everything is tied up neatly and completely and nobody walks away unscathed from a Mueller indictment.

TRUMP'S GOING TO PRISON!!!

If Trump is so clean that it takes the full weight of the Justice System over two years to find the dirt then he is pretty damn clean, and the charges should have never been brought.

I own the High Ground here.

hell of a job the republicans did the past two year on those suddenly urgent priorities

First Year, Trump Got the Taxes cuts, like it or not it was done.
Tried to repeal ACA, McCain stiff armed it along with ALL democrats
Removed the ACA Penalty that was a start
Tried to DO a DACA for the wall ALL democrats denied it and couple republicans grandstanding to get their 5 minutes of fame.
NAFTA is in final phases of signing
Europe has initiated renegotiating deals
China is Balking....
Had a face to face with Kim Jon UN, NO OTHER President has or tried. (last 40 years)

I mean hes trying hes not perfect... but In my eyes he is trying what he said. He wants to repeal ACA, if he CAN come up with something BETTER in the process lets do it...

so pressing well its been 2 years and ZERO democratic/bi partisan support ZERO.... you need 2/3 house which Republicans NEVER had SUPER majority, you need 60 Senate which republicans NEVER had SUPER majority. Having the Majority does NOT mean you automatically pass law.....

If Trump is so clean that it takes the full weight of the Justice System over two years to find the dirt then he is pretty damn clean, and the charges should have never been brought.

I doubt Trump is going to prison for the same reasons I doubted Hillary would go. OTOH, Donnie Jr may end up with a few problems.

We'll have to wait and see who's on Mueller's list of people yet to be indicted. We still have others like the AG of NY and the AG of Virginia handling other matters that Mueller referred to them that also involve Trump's racketeering and money laundering.

Who are "You guys"?
The ones that HATE TRUMP, I said it right there. "Hate Trump" thats you guys???

I doubt Trump is going to prison for the same reasons I doubted Hillary would go. OTOH, Donnie Jr may end up with a few problems.

Trump is not going to prison because he will be dead before the process could be completed, because our justice system is a wreck now like most everything else in America is a wreck now.

WE USED TO BE BETTER!

Last edited:

The ones that HATE TRUMP, I said it right there. "Hate Trump" thats you guys???

You're wrong. I don't hate Trump, but thanks for the broad brush. Why do you like (love?) Trump so much?

None were lies as that is what he was told the was the case. Just because the estimates did not live up to the speculation it does not make it a lie.
:lamo keep telling yourself that. What about Benghazi was because of an internet video.

Now we find out if Trump is dumb enough to obstruct Mueller.
\

In all likelihood.. he already has.

Trump is not going to prison because he will be dead before the process could be completed, because our justice system is a wreck like most everything else in America is a wreck.

Planning on moving to a country that isn't a wreck?

Has anyone heard any more hysterics today regarding the ruthless band of Honduran invaders coming to rush the border and swamp our country leaving behind a path of destruction, smallpox and leprosy in their wake?

nope (crickets)

Has anyone heard any more hysterics today regarding the ruthless band of Honduran invaders coming to rush the border and swamp our country leaving behind a path of destruction, smallpox and leprosy in their wake?

nope (crickets)

I'm curious how many weeks the militia folks will last camping out and eating beans for a few weeks.

Planning on moving to a country that isn't a wreck?

No, I plan to continue to work on fixing this one by trying to wake people up, and by pushing good ideas, and by resisting bad ideas.

This gives my life meaning, and I decided to stay a FreeMan till my last gasp, in spite of so many of my peers being ignorant and on their way to being serfs for their betters.

Last edited:

You're wrong. I don't hate Trump, but thanks for the broad brush. Why do you like (love?) Trump so much?

then it was NOT address to you? Pretty simple, whats your point.

If you dont hate trump you dont hate trump?

I dont love Trump but I can OWN my vote and be honest that while I think he is a Moral Scumbag, I agree with his politics and what he is doing for the country. This is me being as transparent as possible.

I "Hired" Trump to do the JOB as POTUS, not to be my MORAL Guidance Councilor.

I could have "Hired" HRC, as POTUS, and NOT my Moral Guidance Councilor either BUT I did NOT agree with her politics. So again I owned my vote. IF he is found GUILTY of a crime and impeachment happens Then so be it I will NOT support a criminal BUT at this time, there are NO charges against him. He is fulfilling his duties as the President.

How about you convince me why he is NOT fulfilling his duties?

Welp. Can't say I didn't see that coming.

especially after the midterm predictions/results

We'll have to wait and see who's on Mueller's list of people yet to be indicted. We still have others like the AG of NY and the AG of Virginia handling other matters that Mueller referred to them that also involve Trump's racketeering and money laundering.

It does not matter what Mueller has now ....given the date he is already wrong, he has already ruined his reputation with history.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

It does not matter what Mueller has now ....given the date he is already wrong, he has already ruined his reputation with history.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

He's the only one left in Washington WITH a sterling reputation. His reputation has in no way, shape or form been denigrated except from Trump supporters who can't stand the thoughts of their dictator getting sent to prison along with his son and son-in-law for company. This is precisely why Trump is breaking the law right now. He's afraid his dopey son is going to be indicted and he will NOT be able to pardon his own son.

He's the only one left in Washington WITH a sterling reputation. His reputation has in no way, shape or form been denigrated except from Trump supporters who can't stand the thoughts of their dictator getting sent to prison along with his son and son-in-law for company. This is precisely why Trump is breaking the law right now. He's afraid his dopey son is going to be indicted and he will NOT be able to pardon his own son.

Bull ****!

Half of America says otherwise...the problem is that you ignore and dont count us because we are "OUTSIDE OF THE BOUNDS!" because we dont agree with you.

Be Better!

\

In all likelihood.. he already has.

i don't disagree. however, i'm talking about a level of obstruction that is so blatant that it can't be ignored.

Back
Top Bottom