• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Submitted His Resignation To Trump

Re: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns from Trump White House

In case you didn't know this, an investigation into foreign interference in a United States election is not something that should be an open book and reported on regularly to the public, so a 'lack of transparency' accusation is absolutely ridiculous. There can't be transparency in an investigation, otherwise those people that are being investigation would know that, right?

Robert Mueller’s team has indicted or gotten guilty pleas from 32 people and three companies... that we know of. Four former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Six of these people (including now all four former Trump aides) have pleaded guilty. Four ex-Trump aides have already struck a deal with the prosecutors. About two dozen Russians have been charged with election interference.

Robert Mueller, has issued more than 100 criminal counts against 32 people and three companies. Additionally, Michael Cohen, Trump's former lawyer and Sam Patten, a lobbyist linked to Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, pleaded guilty to charges that stemmed from Mueller’s inquiry.

How can anyone possibly make hollow claims and accusations about lack of transparency and 'waste of money'? The facts are right there out in public. Could it be because Robert Mueller has so much integrity and his staff of lawyers so determined to keep all of their investigative work shielded from public consumption and instead focus on their tasks at hand and never leak any information? For the vast amount of indictments and guilty verdicts the FBI has uncovered they've actually been working at warp speed because a case like this would ordinarily take up to five years to push through. The paperwork and investigative legwork is absolutely mind-boggling.

Indictments are not convictions. Manafort was convicted of IRS related charges that had NOTHING to do with Trump and in fact the conviction were from years before he worked for Trump for about 100 days.Cohen again had Tax related crimes that had nothing to do with the Trump campaign. The Russians that were indicted and not convicted of anything yet will never be extradited to stand trial but they have NOTHING to do with the campaign even the DOJ said that. . Papadopalos was convicted of lying to the FBI and nothing else and was given two weeks in jail. Flint was convicted of lying to the FBI but did nothing else illegal.So far Mueller has wasted millions to go after a couple of million from Manafort and a smaller amount from Cohen and NOTHING has led back to the Trump campaign.

Bull ****!

Half of America says otherwise...the problem is that you ignore and dont count us because we are "OUTSIDE OF THE BOUNDS!" because we dont agree with you.

Be Better!

Prove it then. Go on, either prove it or just stop with the hollow, meaningless claims. WE, people on the left, are constantly bombarding your fake news claims with facts and some are actual quotes from Trump's own mouth. But YOU, on the right, come out with random generalizations without substantiations.

Prove it then. Go on, either prove it or just stop with the hollow, meaningless claims. WE, people on the left, are constantly bombarding your fake news claims with facts and some are actual quotes from Trump's own mouth. But YOU, on the right, come out with random generalizations without substantiations.

The fact that you are claiming the opinion of half of America as "Hollow and Meaningless" is proof of how wrong headed you are.

You might as well put the chains on yourself right now, because that is where your destiny is as of now.

BE BETTER!

Last edited:

Indictments are not convictions. Manafort was convicted of IRS related charges that had NOTHING to do with Trump and in fact the conviction were from years before he worked for Trump for about 100 days.Cohen again had Tax related crimes that had nothing to do with the Trump campaign. The Russians that were indicted and not convicted of anything yet will never be extradited to stand trial but they have NOTHING to do with the campaign even the DOJ said that. . Papadopalos was convicted of lying to the FBI and nothing else and was given two weeks in jail. Flint was convicted of lying to the FBI but did nothing else illegal.So far Mueller has wasted millions to go after a couple of million from Manafort and a smaller amount from Cohen and NOTHING has led back to the Trump campaign.

I never claimed that Manafort's conviction was connected to Trump. What I DID SAY is that Mueller's investigation has so far resulted in many indictments and convictions regarding the Russia probe which is what he's doing!

Manafort was charged with 18 counts of tax evasion, bank fraud and hiding foreign bank accounts in the first case Mueller brought to trial as part of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 US election. It's not quite as simple as "IRS charges that had nothing to do with Trump", WRONG. His charges are DIRECTLY related to his time as campaign manager for Trump's campaign and his direct ties to illegal Russian money. AND, it's not over by a long-shot for Manafort. He still faces a second set of criminal charges in a Washington, DC, federal court, of failure to register his foreign lobbying and of money laundering conspiracy related to the same Ukrainian political work that was central to the Virginia case.

You people certainly like to downplay the fact that multiple people have been indicted for collusion with Russians and all of them connected to the Trump campaign or organization in some way.

Mueller is a close personal friend of Comey that alone is a conflict of interest. Mueller should have recused himself so much for his sterling reputation. The day before Mueller was selected for the investigation Mueller was interviewed for the FBI director job. That is a conflict of interest so much for sterling reputation. MNueller put Andrew Wiseman and TWELVE other angry democrats and no republicans od his team he put Peter Strozh and Lisa Page on his team. They have been fired or resigned due to their anti Trump texting. Members of his team went to Hillary's loser's campaign party several other's donated significant money to the Democrat party it seems hardly something a man with a sterling reputation would do. Surely he could have found 13 none partisan lawyers in the DOJ if he had looked.

More and more people are realizing that they can't work for someone like Donald J. Trump. So much for hiring only the best people, eh?
True, but Sessions was never among the best people for that job from the get go.

Bull ****!
Half of America says otherwise...the problem is that you ignore and dont count us because we are "OUTSIDE OF THE BOUNDS!" because we dont agree with you.
Be Better!

You still don't understand the difference between disagreeing, and being wrong. Take a few more hits, I'm sure it will make sense any day now.

The fact that you are claiming the opinion of half of America as "Hollow and Meaningless" is proof of how wrong headed you are.

You might as well put the chains on yourself right now, because that is where your destiny is as of now.

BE BETTER!

You changed your original comment from "is proof of how stupid you are" is what you originally commented to me. I think you're out of bounds.

I never claimed that Manafort's conviction was connected to Trump. What I DID SAY is that Mueller's investigation has so far resulted in many indictments and convictions regarding the Russia probe which is what he's doing!

I never said you did but like the MSM you failed to mention NONE of this had anything to do with TRUMP.

Manafort was charged with 18 counts of tax evasion, bank fraud and hiding foreign bank accounts in the first case Mueller brought to trial as part of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 US election.
It's not quite as simple as "IRS charges that had nothing to do with Trump", WRONG. His charges are DIRECTLY related to his time as campaign manager for Trump's campaign and his direct ties to illegal Russian money.
OH REALLY proof will be required link please.

ABC NEWS https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/manafort-convicted-8-counts-n901231

The charges at issue in the trial, which began July 31, weren't directly related to Russian interference in the 2016 election, the key aim of Mueller's investigation which includes probing possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

AND, it's not over by a long-shot for Manafort. He still faces a second set of criminal charges in a Washington, DC, federal court, of failure to register his foreign lobbying and of money laundering conspiracy related to the same Ukrainian political work that was central to the Virginia case.
And again that was a long time before Trump and has NOTHING to do with Trump or his campaign.

You people certainly like to downplay the fact that multiple people have been indicted for collusion with Russians and all of them connected to the Trump campaign or organization in some way.
Again proof will be required link please.

Last edited:

You changed your original comment from "is proof of how stupid you are" is what you originally commented to me. I think you're out of bounds.

I figured that out for myself, so now what you are doing is evading.

That will not help you.

BE BETTER!

EDIT: When we of the #TruthTellerTribe go too far we say so..... When called up we make apologizes for the error we do so.

There really are Better People.

NewsFlash to many I Know!

Last edited:

I never said you did but like the MSM you failed to mention NONE of this had anything to do with TRUMP.

OH REALLY proof will be required link please.

And again that was a long time before Trump and has NOTHING to do with Trump or his campaign.

Again proof will be required link please.

Look it up yourself, I'm tired of continually posting links for people that can google it themselves, stop being so lazy or maybe you just don't care to know the truth, that's more likely.

Look it up yourself, I'm tired of continually posting links for people that can google it themselves, stop being so lazy or maybe you just don't care to know the truth, that's more likely.

AHAHAHAI knew you were full of bull. That's not how it works here you said it so its YOUR JOB to prove it. I'm not going to spend my time looking for something that you said and is complete utter BS.

Mueller is a close personal friend of Comey that alone is a conflict of interest. Mueller should have recused himself so much for his sterling reputation. The day before Mueller was selected for the investigation Mueller was interviewed for the FBI director job. That is a conflict of interest so much for sterling reputation. MNueller put Andrew Wiseman and TWELVE other angry democrats and no republicans od his team he put Peter Strozh and Lisa Page on his team. They have been fired or resigned due to their anti Trump texting. Members of his team went to Hillary's loser's campaign party several other's donated significant money to the Democrat party it seems hardly something a man with a sterling reputation would do. Surely he could have found 13 none partisan lawyers in the DOJ if he had looked.

Comey and Mueller had a friendly but strictly professional relationship. As I'm sure it's typical of the relationships Mueller has with any number of current and former DOJ and FBI people. Mueller is probably the straightest arrow there is in DC. He's a highly respected nonpartisan and fiercely apolitical public servant. Trump has good reason to be fearful of Mueller's reputation for thoroughness and strong independence.

Comey and Mueller had a friendly but strictly professional relationship. As I'm sure it's typical of the relationships Mueller has with any number of current and former DOJ and FBI people. Mueller is probably the straightest arrow there is in DC. He's a highly respected nonpartisan and fiercely apolitical public servant. Trump has good reason to be fearful of Mueller's reputation for thoroughness and strong independence.

Would it be WILD.... hear me out for a second....

Mueller is a Republican with even keel and thoroughness that if he comes out with his report and there is NOTHING absolutely NOTHING linking Trump to Russian that people will accept it the findings OR..... will they call foul and say he is a Republican appointee and partisan blah blah?

I mean dont get me wrong Mueller has had some mistakes in his career..... Not a perfect litigator...... But again if the finds come out.... will the be EQUALLY accepted?

And that is why his whole team are all strong Democrat supporters and ZERO republicans. That is why he had to fire Strozh and Page after the IG pointed out to the world that they were highly biased. When people will give their money some thousands of dollars to the Hillary campaign they probably should not investigate the guy that destroyed her and their presidential dreams. Non partisan lawyers should have been hired. Mueller and Comey were quite close because Comey succeeded Mueller. You should not set in judgement of someone that fired your good friend. You would likely hold a grudge. The rule is not even the appearance of impartiality. Mueller is not a man of impartiality and integrity.

True, but Sessions was never among the best people for that job from the get go.

Now he's being substituted for a worse one, with an even worser one down the line!

Which proves my point that Trump f'd up by not really hiring the best people. If it was only Sessions, that would be one thing, but the constant high rate of turnover is remarkable even without Trump's promise to only hire the best.

I wouldn't make that sum'bitch dog catcher.

Regardless of how you personally feel about the man, the fact is that he was appointed Deputy AG by the President and he was confirmed to that post by the Senate. The main purpose of having a Deputy AG is to take over the job if it becomes vacant... so when I made the post earlier, I assumed this automatically made him Acting AG and that the President was overstepping his powers by naming Whitaker to the post. Apparently he wasn't, though. According to 5 USC §3345 (a) (3), the President can name a lower-ranking Justice Department employee to the post on an acting basis. Go figure... you learn something new every day, I guess. :shrug:

And that is why his whole team are all strong Democrat supporters and ZERO republicans. That is why he had to fire Strozh and Page after the IG pointed out to the world that they were highly biased. When people will give their money some thousands of dollars to the Hillary campaign they probably should not investigate the guy that destroyed her and their presidential dreams. Non partisan lawyers should have been hired. Mueller and Comey were quite close because Comey succeeded Mueller. You should not set in judgement of someone that fired your good friend. You would likely hold a grudge. The rule is not even the appearance of impartiality. Mueller is not a man of impartiality and integrity.

What??? Where are you getting this crazy information from? Your claim that because Comey succeeded Mueller that he must then therefore be a close personal friend of Mueller's is laughingly ridiculous. Mueller had no part or say in picking his successor. Mueller himself is or was a registered Republican for that matter.

Donald Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner will surely be receiving indictments along with Roger Stone. Mark my words about this. Both Donald Jr and Jared conspired with a foreign agent to affect the outcome of the election. That's plain facts. This is why Trump is freaking out, he cannot pardon his own family.

then it was NOT address to you?...

Looked like it was, but if you aren't brave enough to admit error, that's more a problem for you than anyone else. As anyone can see, you addressed it to me but if you want to pull a standard Trump move and deny what everyone else can see, that's on you:
Proving once again the Trump is a lousy leader and has repeatedly failed to hire only the best people.
Man You guys HATEEEEE Trump..... I dont like him either but process is a process.

you can hire someone you think is good and they turn into a scumbag or NOT along what you intended them to be.

Session Recused himself, catching Trump off Guard. He was a good senator and a good AG pick just not for Trump.....

it is what it is.... ALL administrations make bad picks.... cant lie, Holder is the only AG in History to be held in Contempt. AG Lynch was NOT better.....

Can we FOCUS on stuff that matters... like Health Care, Immigration, Jobs and Taxes...... If the House spends the next 2 years investigating trump WTF did we hire these guys to do? I swear it was to legislate laws... NOT Investigate a President.

What??? Where are you getting this crazy information from? Your claim that because Comey succeeded Mueller that he must then therefore be a close personal friend of Mueller's is laughingly ridiculous. Mueller had no part or say in picking his successor. Mueller himself is or was a registered Republican for that matter.

By Gregg Jarrett

The law governing the special counsel (28 CFR 600.7) specifically prohibits him from serving if he has a conflict of interest in the case. The rule has been interpreted to mean that even the appearance of a conflict is sufficient for disqualification.

A conflict of interest is a situation in which an individual has competing interests or loyalties. The conflict itself creates a clash between that individual’s self-interest or bias and his professional or public interest. It calls into question whether he can discharge his responsibilities in a fair, objective and impartial manner.

So what exactly is Mueller’s conflict? He and Comey are good friends and former colleagues who worked hand-in-hand at the FBI and Department of Justice. Agents will tell you they were joined at the hip. They stood together in solidarity, both threatening to resign over the warrantless wiretapping fiasco involving then-Attorney General John Ashcroft in 2004.

Comey regards his predecessor as a mentor, while Mueller considers Comey his protégé. When Comey was appointed to succeed Mueller as FBI Director, both men appeared together and were effusive in their praise of one another. Their relationship is not merely a casual one. It is precisely the kind of association which ethical rules are designed to guard against

Why isn't Rosenstein next in line to become Acting Attorney General?

Technically, he is... but according to 5 USC §3345 (a) (3) the President can name an applicable Justice Department employee to the post on an acting basis. According to Section (b)(1)(B) of the same article, though, this also means that Whitaker cannot continue to serve as Acting AG if the President subsequently nominates him to fill the office on a permanent basis. So that pretty much eliminates him from consideration there.

Back
Top Bottom