• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Submitted His Resignation To Trump

Re: Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns from Trump White House

I 'kept saying' 15,000 because that's the number HE threw out.

Serves you right for believing ANYTHING Donald says.;)

You were seconds ahead of a few others; I had to refer to my BN checklist, so I lost a few steps, “missed it by that much!”- Maxwell Smart

however, that dial up, using your shoe, was impressive

THe chance that SCOTUS rings Trump up on the emolument clause is nearly zero.

You're wrong. A lawsuit against Trump for being in violation of the emoluments clause is already underway and given a green light by a federal judge to proceed.

https://ctmirror.org/2018/09/28/judge-says-blumenthal-dems-standing-lawsuit-trump/

Washington — A federal judge on Friday gave the go-ahead to a lawsuit led by Sen. Richard Blumenthal and joined by dozens of congressional Democrats who claim President Donald Trump has violated the U.S. Constitution by failing to seek and obtain the consent of Congress before accepting benefits from foreign states.

Blumenthal v. Trump is based on the Constitution’s emoluments clause, which bars presidents from taking payments from foreign states.

It says Trump violated the clause because his businesses, including his hotel in downtown Washington D.C., has hosted foreign embassy events and visiting foreign officials.

Blumenthal said he is “extremely gratified” by the court’s decision.

“No president is above the law,” he said.

Blumenthal says the president is violating the emoluments clause by his ownership of Trump Tower, which has foreign states among its tenants, and by the Chinese government’s granting of 40 trademarks to the Trump Organization.

The lawsuit gives several examples of former presidents who obeyed the rules of the clause, including Martin Van Buren, who in 1840 was offered two horses, a case of rose oil, five bottles of rose water, a package of cashmere shawls, a Persian rug, a box of pearls, and a sword by the Imam of Muscat.

his saving grace was a willingess to do the right ethical thing and recuse himself from the russian collusion investigation

He acted like a delusional old man. Apparently people smoking pot is a serious problem in this country?

Thanks! I figured there would be several BN threads about this at the same time....

You were posting yours as I looked and saw none listed. Got me by a minute.

Man You guys HATEEEEE Trump..... I dont like him either but process is a process.

you can hire someone you think is good and they turn into a scumbag or NOT along what you intended them to be.

Session Recused himself, catching Trump off Guard. He was a good senator and a good AG pick just not for Trump.....

it is what it is.... ALL administrations make bad picks.... cant lie, Holder is the only AG in History to be held in Contempt. AG Lynch was NOT better.....

Can we FOCUS on stuff that matters... like Health Care, Immigration, Jobs and Taxes...... If the House spends the next 2 years investigating trump WTF did we hire these guys to do? I swear it was to legislate laws... NOT Investigate a President.

hell of a job the republicans did the past two year on those suddenly urgent priorities

Oh really? Then it should be easy for you to provide evidence then ...GO!:lol:

Don't worry I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller does not provide it by the end of the week.

In the meantime just Google the Russian investigation timeline, you'll find it.

I'm not going to read 80-some posts in this thread. Heck, most of them are sure to be nonsense. I'll just present some comments...

1. It is important that Rosenstein wasn't named Acting AG.

2. We can expect two things to happen BEFORE Trump nominates another AG:

a. Mueller writes his report and Rosenstein sends him on his merry way.

b. Rosenstein resigns.​

3. The new AG will appoint a special prosecutor to deal with the actions of the corrupt Obama administration. This will include people from Obama's DOJ, FBI, CIA and State Department...among others in the White House.

So...while the House Dems carry on with their "oversight" nonsense, Obama puke heads will be rolling.

Oh...a little add-on...if those House Dems get too froggy, the new AG WILL investigate House and Senate members and staff for leaking classified information. The DOJ...right now, if they wanted to...could end the career of Sen. Warner.
[emphasis added by bubba]

you have just illustrated why it is so much better to have read the thread rather than post nonsense out of the box

[emphasis added by bubba]

you have just illustrated why it is so much better to have read the thread rather than post nonsense out of the box

What nonsense have I posted?

I 'kept saying' 15,000 because that's the number HE threw out.

From the Washington Post and Reuters; https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-border-trump/trump-hardens-stance-on-mexico-border-says-15000-troops-could-be-sent-idUSKCN1N52S9

"President Trump said Wednesday that he would deploy as many as 15,000 military personnel to the border with Mexico in response to caravans of Central American migrants making their way northward, doubling the figure Pentagon officials have announced would be operating there."

“We’ll go up to anywhere between 10 and 15,000 military personnel on top of Border Control, ICE and everybody else at the border,” Trump said in remarks to reporters before departing Washington for a campaign rally in Florida. “Nobody’s coming in. We’re not allowing people to come in.”

Trump’s comments came a day after the general in charge of the border deployment said 5,239 active-duty troops would be heading to the border with more potentially to follow, in addition to the 2,092 members of the National Guard already there.

It wasn’t clear whether Trump’s 15,000 figure included the National Guard deployment.

If the deployment reaches 15,000 troops, it would be roughly equivalent to the size of the U.S. military’s presence in Afghanistan and three times the size of the presence in Iraq. Already, the deployment is believed to be the largest of its kind in more than a century.

So what if it was NOT clear He never said 15,000 marines NOR are they armed this was "Fear Mongering" on the other side.

Secondly, You typed 15,000 marines TWICE, IN YOUR OWN reponse "NOW" It said "MILITARY PERSONNEL" In no way does that indicate a FIGHTING Force . in others you did NOT take the time to edify your opinion and used this as a false equivalence as this was a COMBAT force to be an aggressor and SHOOT people with rocks.

SO WHAT that its 15,000 So what if its the same as Afghanastan. IS the MILITARY the US Military? We are 1million STRONG is it NOT OK to deploy all 1 million around the US to PROTECT THE US. SO what if its 15,000 at the border.

NOW here is the KICKER..... and you will probably not acknowledge this.

The 15,000 personal includes MAJOR Engineering CORP, What do you think they are going to do?

build up living quarters for the incoming so they DONT SLEEP on the floor exposed to the elements.

Now also Medical Group that will provide FREE Medical care..... to this people

NOW add on WATER and FOOD.... through Logistic and headquarters companies.

BTW yes a couple of Military Police UNITS that are able to handle civil disobedience, WAY better then a light infrantry brigade

THIS IS a Humanitarian effort as well AS SECURITY... But yeah... 15,000 armed MARINES that will shoot anyone that throws a rock.

Wow, that didn't take long.

Wanna bet the ink on both those letters was dry weeks ago?

Clinton did the same thing after the midterm. So did lots of presidents.

But let's freak out, by all means.

You're wrong. A lawsuit against Trump for being in violation of the emoluments clause is already underway and given a green light by a federal judge to proceed.

https://ctmirror.org/2018/09/28/judge-says-blumenthal-dems-standing-lawsuit-trump/

Washington — A federal judge on Friday gave the go-ahead to a lawsuit led by Sen. Richard Blumenthal and joined by dozens of congressional Democrats who claim President Donald Trump has violated the U.S. Constitution by failing to seek and obtain the consent of Congress before accepting benefits from foreign states.

Blumenthal v. Trump is based on the Constitution’s emoluments clause, which bars presidents from taking payments from foreign states.

It says Trump violated the clause because his businesses, including his hotel in downtown Washington D.C., has hosted foreign embassy events and visiting foreign officials.

Blumenthal says the president is violating the emoluments clause by his ownership of Trump Tower, which has foreign states among its tenants, and by the Chinese government’s granting of 40 trademarks to the Trump Organization.

The lawsuit gives several examples of former presidents who obeyed the rules of the clause, including Martin Van Buren, who in 1840 was offered two horses, a case of rose oil, five bottles of rose water, a package of cashmere shawls, a Persian rug, a box of pearls, and a sword by the Imam of Muscat.

I wish Blumenthal much luck in establishing that Trump received anything similar to "two horses, a case of rose oil, five bottles of rose water, a package of cashmere shawls, a Persian rug, a box of pearls, and a sword" from some current head of state.

Firing Sessions in and of itself would be grounds to charge him with Obstruction if it were any other President. You people seriously think Obama could have fired Eric Holder because he didn't stop the investigation into Hillary Clinton and not been impeached by Republicans?

Donald Trump has already committed more crimes and more blatant crimes than any President in U.S. History. Republicans are letting him get away with bloody murder. He could literally walk out the front door of the white house, pull out a gun and shoot a tourist on the street and Republicans wouldn't do anything about it.

Just your opinion. Not any thing to do with the facts! Wild eyed speculation :peace

Just heard that Rosenstein will no longer oversee the Mueller probe, acting AG Whitaker will take over.
About freakin time !

You have clearly failed to comprehend my post.

I wish Blumenthal much luck in establishing that Trump received anything similar to "two horses, a case of rose oil, five bottles of rose water, a package of cashmere shawls, a Persian rug, a box of pearls, and a sword" from some current head of state.

You can't even fathom the staggering wealth that comes with even one single trademark given to Trump from China, and the Trump organization got 40 of them.

The crimes are common knowledge to anyone without their head in the sand.
Please prove one time Obama knowingly lied.

Three times: You can keep your Dr. You can keep your healthcare insurance if you like it. Obamacare will save a middle class family $2000 a year.
All were BOLD faced lies told over and over!

Last edited:

So what if it was NOT clear He never said 15,000 marines NOR are they armed this was "Fear Mongering" on the other side.

Secondly, You typed 15,000 marines TWICE, IN YOUR OWN reponse "NOW" It said "MILITARY PERSONNEL" In no way does that indicate a FIGHTING Force . in others you did NOT take the time to edify your opinion and used this as a false equivalence as this was a COMBAT force to be an aggressor and SHOOT people with rocks.

SO WHAT that its 15,000 So what if its the same as Afghanastan. IS the MILITARY the US Military? We are 1million STRONG is it NOT OK to deploy all 1 million around the US to PROTECT THE US. SO what if its 15,000 at the border.

NOW here is the KICKER..... and you will probably not acknowledge this.

The 15,000 personal includes MAJOR Engineering CORP, What do you think they are going to do?

build up living quarters for the incoming so they DONT SLEEP on the floor exposed to the elements.

Now also Medical Group that will provide FREE Medical care..... to this people

NOW add on WATER and FOOD.... through Logistic and headquarters companies.

BTW yes a couple of Military Police UNITS that are able to handle civil disobedience, WAY better then a light infrantry brigade

THIS IS a Humanitarian effort as well AS SECURITY... But yeah... 15,000 armed MARINES that will shoot anyone that throws a rock.

How much is this deployment costing the American taxpayer?

It is fun:

1) watching the Republicans eat their own...and:

2) watching Trump make utter fools of so called tough guy conservatives like Sessions, Cruz, Kelly, etc.. Never mess with a New Yorker...lol

that was miss lindsey speaking prior to john mccain's demise

the current miss lindsey is the donald's best boy

Are you trying to gay shame Senator Graham? If you are that's not a nice thing to do! :shock:

Now we find out if Trump is dumb enough to obstruct Mueller.

I think it is too late...I believe Mueller already has the goods and I am betting Sessions now will too..

Don't worry I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller does not provide it by the end of the week.

In the meantime just Google the Russian investigation timeline, you'll find it.
But you said it was common knowledge so you must have clear and convincing EVIDENCE so go for it show it to us.

I think it is too late...I believe Mueller already has the goods and I am betting Sessions now will too..

So you are claiming that Mueller has been sitting on truth because he is a political tool rather than the steward of the Justice System that he is advertised as...

That is very possible.

Clinton did the same thing after the midterm. So did lots of presidents.

But let's freak out, by all means.

William Sessions was the FBI director Bill Clinton fired...and it was 5 and 1/2 years into his term....so not a mid term...he fired him for a very good reason...misappropriating funds.

Don't bet the house on it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom