• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you boycotting Star Wars? [W:160]

Are You Boycotting Star Wars?

• Total voters
Apparently, many Trumpettes are boycotting Star Wars. Mostly because a writer or two had the temerity to criticize Trump. So Trump people, are you boycotting Star Wars?

No I'm boycotting the inauguration.

There is no alt-left. Except in the "minds" of those who think the term alt-right was coined to hurt their feelings.

If you have been triggered, please go to your safe space.

Of course there is an alt-left. Your response proves it.

You realize that one of your citations is a forum post from another forum right?

The rest are all opeds, only one from a halfway reputable source. Most of them hinge on the exact thing I said. "Alt-right" hurts their feelings (one of your sources called it bigoted) so they needed to invent the alt-left so they can go back to their safe space when triggered.

I've been dealing with you long enough that I know you have no idea what a reputable source is, and that you can't differentiate opinion from fact. Now you've thrown it into sharp relief.

You realize that one of your citations is a forum post from another forum right?

The rest are all opeds, only one from a halfway reputable source. Most of them hinge on the exact thing I said. "Alt-right" hurts their feelings (one of your sources called it bigoted) so they needed to invent the alt-left so they can go back to their safe space when triggered.

I've been dealing with you long enough that I know you have no idea what a reputable source is, and that you can't differentiate opinion from fact. Now you've thrown it into sharp relief.

LOL

So now you wish to lay judgement on what was offered? When were you assigned such a high and mighty position?

You asked, I provided.

As to the rest, I am equally unimpressed with your pontifications on many things, as well as your ability to judge fact from fiction, which you have established quite handily.

So where does that leave us?

:2rofll:

LOL

So now you wish to lay judgement on what was offered? When were you assigned such a high and mighty position?

You asked, I provided.

As to the rest, I am equally unimpressed with your pontifications on many things, as well as your ability to judge fact from fiction, which you have established quite handily.

So where does that leave us?

:2rofll:

The only "proof" you have is that you heard it in the echo chamber. You should go back, because clearly this is way above your mental capacity.

The last one pissed me off so much with its politicking "UP WITH WOMEN!" and general mediocrity seemingly conducted on purpose that I am probably done.

The only "proof" you have is that you heard it in the echo chamber. You should go back, because clearly this is way above your mental capacity.

Again, so says you. You have little credibility as far as I'm concerned, so we have reached a stalemate.

:duel

Apparently, many Trumpettes are boycotting Star Wars. Mostly because a writer or two had the temerity to criticize Trump. So Trump people, are you boycotting Star Wars?
Nope. Just went to the matinee today and saw it; it was great!

Of course there is an alt-left. Your response proves it.
The "alt-left" is out there. I see them as the those who are Left of Hillary and Barack. There are three or four types, but all are white.

There's coffee shop, hang out Dude-Bro, who sips $5 latte. He's the, "We need to end capitalism first!" type Lefty. He is almost always sporting dreads. I see them as the Millennial version of Che Guevara, but without the willingness to take a bullet.

There is also the Lena Dunham, dumbass meme repeating type Left. These are mostly females who think they are edgy but are really just superficial, shallow and lame. You'll see them often with matted hair they think of as dreads. They too hang out at the coffee shop sipping latte. Most of them flock toward Dude bro, especially if he plays an instrument.

Then there is also the hipster Left. These folks are a lot like Dude Bros and Lena Dunhams, but they pay more attention to fashion. The womyns tend to wear their hair long and straight, and on their face is usually a pair of old fashioned frame glasses. The dudes have girlish figures and wear skinny jeans, plus those same frame glasses.

And, lastly, we have the aging hippie left. These are the people reliving the Vietnam war protests at every opportunity. Many of them are retired professors and school teachers.

Is this a real thing or are you making it up?

Is this a real thing or are you making it up?

I have been a Proud Member of THE REBELLION Since 9.10.15 and this is the first I am hearing of this here claimed boycott.

These people who piss away life energy on stupid boycotts and living "politics go everywhere" astound me.

Where were their mentors?

I have been a Proud Member of THE REBELLION Since 9.10.15 and this is the first I am hearing of this here claimed boycott.

These people who piss away life energy on stupid boycotts and living "politics go everywhere" astound me.

Where were their mentors?

After checking Google it seems the OP lied.

The boycott is not about what any directors have said but rather the idea that some scenes were reshot to attack Trump.

Why some Trump supporters are boycotting the new 'Star Wars' movie - Business Insider

The boycott seems to have stemmed from a rumor that "Rogue One" was changed in reshoots and edits to make it slanted against President-elect Donald Trump. A writer for the film, Chris Weitz, says that story is "completely fake."

After checking Google it seems the OP lied.

The boycott is not about what any directors have said but rather the idea that some scenes were reshot to attack Trump.

Why some Trump supporters are boycotting the new 'Star Wars' movie - Business Insider

Well I think I heard that the Star Wars people are very anti Trump however I have no interest in organizing my day and my choices each day by who is offending me or not that particular day. What a waste of bandwith that is, what a stupid reason to voluntarily degrade ones life. Maybe some folks need to be martyrs IDK, but I do know count me out and do not expect me to cheer either.

I will be the one giving the finger, regardless of the political lean, unless the cause is hugely important and the normal societal mechanisms cant be trusted to deal with them in time for some reason.

Last edited:
The "alt-left" is out there. I see them as the those who are Left of Hillary and Barack. There are three or four types, but all are white.

There's coffee shop, hang out Dude-Bro, who sips $5 latte. He's the, "We need to end capitalism first!" type Lefty. He is almost always sporting dreads. I see them as the Millennial version of Che Guevara, but without the willingness to take a bullet.

There is also the Lena Dunham, dumbass meme repeating type Left. These are mostly females who think they are edgy but are really just superficial, shallow and lame. You'll see them often with matted hair they think of as dreads. They too hang out at the coffee shop sipping latte. Most of them flock toward Dude bro, especially if he plays an instrument.

Then there is also the hipster Left. These folks are a lot like Dude Bros and Lena Dunhams, but they pay more attention to fashion. The womyns tend to wear their hair long and straight, and on their face is usually a pair of old fashioned frame glasses. The dudes have girlish figures and wear skinny jeans, plus those same frame glasses.

And, lastly, we have the aging hippie left. These are the people reliving the Vietnam war protests at every opportunity. Many of them are retired professors and school teachers.

The alt-left is not all white.

Well, don't you have everyone placed in a nice little bubble, huh?

The alt-left is not all white.

I wouldn't call them alt-left. Alt stands for alternative. You know, like alternative music, alternative lifestyle, and alternative art. People of color make up the multicultural left.

You just listed all the people that I make fun of. :lol:

I wouldn't call them alt-left. Alt stands for alternative. You know, like alternative music, alternative lifestyle, and alternative art. People of color make up the multicultural left.

Alt-left encompasses an ideological position not exclusive to skin color.

I keep forgetting that.

It's understandable since I have more in common with baby boomers and generation X'ers than I do my generation.

The movies have basically sucked even since "The Return of the Jedi." In fact, even that one sort of sucked, except Yoda. Sucks, never does Yoda :)

Yeah, he kind of does sometimes. When he ran away like a ***** that was definitely a time when he sucked.

Alt-left encompasses an ideological position not exclusive to skin color.

But, those harboring inner guilt over being white certainly are.

Back
Top Bottom