• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you boycotting Star Wars? [W:160]

Are You Boycotting Star Wars?

• Total voters
But, those harboring inner guilt over being white certainly are.

And then there is those men that have inner guilt over being men. When someone goes out and blames everything on men while being a man themselves they are beyond facedesk territory.

And then there is those men that have inner guilt over being men. When someone goes out and blames everything on men while being a man themselves they are beyond facedesk territory.

There is a fine line between knowing it's advantageous to be white and male in this society and the idea that being white and male has put you at the forefront of causing all of the world's ills. One is a rational understanding of how the world works, the other is just being a useful idiot.

IMO, there is nothing inherently bad with whites or males. Some do good, some do bad. But, in the end, does anyone really think they'd be better off in a country ruled by people of color? And, to go a bit further, does anyone actually believe a country ruled by women would survive more than a few years, you know, before men invaded it and put the women back in their place?

There is a fine line between knowing it's advantageous to be white and male in this society and the idea that being white and male has put you at the forefront of causing all of the world's ills. One is a rational understanding of how the world works, the other is just being a useful idiot.

I don't think being male in today's world does anything for someone. Maybe years ago when I was way too young to take advantage of it, but today I would say the situation is very much in reverse. Hell, men can't even speak their mind anymore and they are likely not going to be in charge of any area of society in another decade or so.

IMO, there is nothing inherently bad with whites or males. Some do good, some do bad. But, in the end, does anyone really think they'd be better off in a country ruled by people of color? And, to go a bit further, does anyone actually believe a country ruled by women would survive more than a few years, you know, before men invaded it and put the women back in their place?

The western world is quickly become filled with female dominated societies. Female dominated societies don't exactly have a great track record, but then they never started off with the footing they have now.

But, those harboring inner guilt over being white certainly are.

Are what?

I agree there are some who appear to accept the suggestion they should feel guilty for the color of their skin. It seems to be a requirement for those who have subordinated themselves to the ideological beliefs they are required to accept.

I don't think being male in today's world does anything for someone. Maybe years ago when I was way too young to take advantage of it, but today I would say the situation is very much in reverse. Hell, men can't even speak their mind anymore and they are likely not going to be in charge of any area of society in another decade or so.
I don't think this at all. I began my career by traveling all over the world to work on automation installation projects. Many of the places I went, I would not ever advise a woman to go, not even today. Being white helped too, although I wish I spoke better Spanish.

The western world is quickly become filled with female dominated societies. Female dominated societies don't exactly have a great track record, but then they never started off with the footing they have now.
No it's not. At most, there are a few females in high places, emphasis on a few.

Are what?
are white.

I agree there are some who appear to accept the suggestion they should feel guilty for the color of their skin. It seems to be a requirement for those who have subordinated themselves to the ideological beliefs they are required to accept.
Dude Bros and Lena Dunhams are definitely on board with that ideology: white bad, white males, horrible.

I don't think this at all. I began my career by traveling all over the world to work on automation installation projects. Many of the places I went, I would not ever advise a woman to go, not even today. Being white helped too, although I wish I spoke better Spanish.

I'm not sure how that means anything to my argument.

No it's not. At most, there are a few females in high places, emphasis on a few.

More women go to college and are getting higher positions in authority than men by an increasing margin. Look at people in their twenties and you will see that women are not only earning more than men, but have more degrees, higher degrees when they have them, and are in higher positions. Women are quickly taking charge in all outlets of society, be that the home, the workplace, or politics.

Apparently, many Trumpettes are boycotting Star Wars. Mostly because a writer or two had the temerity to criticize Trump. So Trump people, are you boycotting Star Wars?

Not boycotting; just don't care.

are white.

Dude Bros and Lena Dunhams are definitely on board with that ideology: white bad, white males, horrible.

Guilt is definitely a psychological requirement for membership in some parts of society. I would imagine it helps to establish compliance to suggestion and command.

I read a piece that was linked the other day covering Michele Obama's last interview with Oprah. It was published on Slate.

Michelle Obama’s Oprah exit interview was almost weirdly serene.

It was almost nauseating in it's language and expression.

I looked up the author, Nora Caplan-Bricker.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nora-caplan-bricker-96966a40

Turns out she is, I would guess, 24-25 years old. Her bio shows she attended the very exclusive Deerfield Academy, before getting her BA in Humanities at Yale.

So we have a quite the elite white girl absolutely fawning over Michele Obama, and spewing the SOP blather against what is clearly to her, the enemy.

White guilt elitist garbage from a member of the alt-left.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Let's get back on topic please.

If you're not interested in discussing the actual topic, this isn't the thread you're looking for. Move along.

Best Star Wars movie ever IMO, and I have seen them all when they were first released. Next one will be released in December 2017 and I will be there to see along with my popcorn.

I am curious about ticket prices through out the country....I paid $10 for the 3D movie at my local theater.

If you have thoughts of anything at a large budget you're doing it wrong, since you're required to turn your brain off in order for the plethora of plot holes and plagiarism to go unnoticed

Plagiarism I didn't mind and expected it since this is life without Dictator Lucas, as for "plot holes" I don;t know any sci-fi that doesn't really have those and they don;t tend to bother me were it takes away from the movie. Did you have any in particular that stuck with you?

Plagiarism I didn't mind and expected it since this is life without Dictator Lucas, as for "plot holes" I don;t know any sci-fi that doesn't really have those and they don;t tend to bother me were it takes away from the movie. Did you have any in particular that stuck with you?

Well I will say that the new Rogue One movie was a very original story. And it did a great job connecting the prequel and original timelines IMO.

Well I will say that the new Rogue One movie was a very original story. And it did a great job connecting the prequel and original timelines IMO.

Agreed!

There are so many in all the Star Wars, and as you say, all popular sci-fi, that if you don't shut off your brain the suspension of disbelief will be lost. Why do they speak English and look just like us? How can they have droids and 'warp drive' yet they need humans to battle and only recently invented a WMD (1940s military weapon)? How can travel faster than light exist, let alone at the same time a piece of junk as the Falcon? How can a galactic empire have only a few dozen spacecraft and "walkers" and some villain with a lightsaber to prevent total disaster? Why are there old people at all (should've reversed aging process long ago)?

I make sure to take a large bag of weed with me to movies so i don't notice any of this. "The force", Yoda lifting whole space ships with his mind, is the most believable part to me. Again, i'm not singling Star Wars out. I could come up with just as many in Alien, 2001, Star Trek, Interstellar

There are so many in all the Star Wars, and as you say, all popular sci-fi, that if you don't shut off your brain the suspension of disbelief will be lost.

Yes I certainly agree but thats why its sci-fi. I had a boyfriend one time that would always have problems with certain things and I would be like A bothers you but X,Y and Z which were totally impossible dont?

Why do they speak English and look just like us? How can they have droids and 'warp drive' yet they need humans to battle and only recently invented a WMD (1940s military weapon)? How can travel faster than light exist, let alone at the same time a piece of junk as the Falcon? How can a galactic empire have only a few dozen spacecraft and "walkers" and some villain with a lightsaber to prevent total disaster? Why are there old people at all (should've reversed aging process long ago)?
hahahaha I'm not sure all those go together but I DO like them questions :)

I make sure to take a large bag of weed with me to movies so i don't notice any of this. "The force", Yoda lifting whole space ships with his mind, is the most believable part to me. Again, i'm not singling Star Wars out. I could come up with just as many in Alien, 2001, Star Trek, Interstellar
Agreed!

If you Google "slave leia" you'll get tons of whining about how sexist and objectifying it is that Lucas dared to put that on screen. Whine, whine, whine.

The biggest "whiner" about that scene was Carrie Fisher herself. She loathed it, and considered it demeaning and was unnecessarily sexualized.

The biggest "whiner" about that scene was Carrie Fisher herself. She loathed it, and considered it demeaning and was unnecessarily sexualized.

Ah well. What can you expect from a disgusting space slug like Jabba The Hutt?

Best Star Wars movie ever IMO, and I have seen them all when they were first released. Next one will be released in December 2017 and I will be there to see along with my popcorn.

I am curious about ticket prices through out the country....I paid $10 for the 3D movie at my local theater.

We paid $34 yesterday for me, my daughter and a small M&M's.

Morning showing too... this is in New Zealand.

Apparently, many Trumpettes are boycotting Star Wars. Mostly because a writer or two had the temerity to criticize Trump. So Trump people, are you boycotting Star Wars?

Well, from the results of your poll, it's apparent that your source (which you conveniently omitted) is wrong.

Hell gonna see it at least twice I suspect... screw Darth Trump and his mindless Stormtroopers.. down with the Empire!

The Left is more comparable with The Empire than the Right.

I haven't been to a movie in two years, and it's unlikely that I'll be going to see any movie anytime soon.

Just lost interest, I guess.
:/

Back
Top Bottom