• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are you boycotting Star Wars? [W:160]

Are You Boycotting Star Wars?

• Total voters

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Apparently, many Trumpettes are boycotting Star Wars. Mostly because a writer or two had the temerity to criticize Trump. So Trump people, are you boycotting Star Wars?

Apparently, many Trumpettes are boycotting Star Wars. Mostly because a writer or two had the temerity to criticize Trump. So Trump people, are you boycotting Star Wars?

I don't care enough to boycott it. I probably won't see it on my own, and will go along to see it as a safe movie to watch with my family. I won't hate it, I [probably] won't like it, but it will be a perfectly unthreatening and unremarkable way to kill two hours.

Any money the movie would have lost from trumpies will have been more than made up for by the Chinese viewership, a fact that I'm satisfied will irritate them at least a little bit.

Stars War hasn't been the same since Colonel Spock died.

I'm not boycotting Star Wars, I'm just not going to see any more Star Wars films unless they come recommended by a friend. The Force Awakens was lazily created. When it turned out that the ultimate goal of the movie was just a rehash of "A New Hope" with some nostalgia thrown in I decided that the folks in charge don't actually know how to write films. It's a shame because when J.J. Abrams made the Star Trek Reboot, it was really well done.

When played in a major key, the imperial march sounds like a nice day for a picnic.

No I have no plans to boycott starwars. I love star wars obviously by my name and quote. If there was a good reason to boycott I would consider it but people having opinions of trump or obama etc is not worthy by any means.

Meanwhile, in the real world:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story takes $290m on first weekend - BBC News

The US accounted for about half of the first Star Wars spinoff's total, making $155m, according to box office analyst Exhibitor Relations.
That made the film the second-biggest first three days in the US this year and the second-best December debut.
However, the tally is less than the record $248m taken last year by Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Rogue One, which took an estimated £16.8m at the UK box office, is yet to open in China and South Korea.

The only thing Star Wars has to fear is Star Wars itself.

Hell gonna see it at least twice I suspect... screw Darth Trump and his mindless Stormtroopers.. down with the Empire!

No. But I probably will not see it as I thought the last one was really ho hum mediocre with parts of it being downright unwatchable.

I haven't seen any Star Wars films since Return of the Jedi, so I think I'm already boycotting Star Wars.

Saw Rogue One Friday night, loved it, and I'm sitting here right now eating my Vader toast for breakfast made with my Darth Vader Toaster. (True Story)

Only 361 more sleeps until Episode VIII is released.

Life is beautiful.

Saw Rogue One Friday night, loved it, and I'm sitting here right now eating my Vader toast for breakfast made with my Darth Vader Toaster. (True Story)

Life is beautiful.

Its cool when you find something you love and are into it and they keep making it for your enjoyment. I am glad for you even if I don't share than particular addiction myself.

Life is beautiful.

Awesome! I love it!

Nope. But then again I don't go see anything in the theaters. I'll wait until it's out on Bluray and watch it then, just like I do with every single movie I see.

I'm not boycotting Star Wars, I'm just not going to see any more Star Wars films unless they come recommended by a friend. The Force Awakens was lazily created. When it turned out that the ultimate goal of the movie was just a rehash of "A New Hope" with some nostalgia thrown in I decided that the folks in charge don't actually know how to write films. It's a shame because when J.J. Abrams made the Star Trek Reboot, it was really well done.

What are you talking about? The star trek movie was junk, it was the same nostalgic drivel that the force awakens was

Life is beautiful.

Are you one of those fans that camps outside the movie theater for a month before a Star Wars film opens? Like in a sleeping bag or tent? Those people are hardcore.

Are you one of those fans that camps outside the movie theater for a month before a Star Wars film opens? Like in a sleeping bag or tent? Those people are hardcore.

Ha, no. I look forward to the release and then go and see it when work/personal life permits. I even leave my lightsaber, x-wing and Jedi apparel at home.

I have no plans to boycott it. Then again, I am not a Trump sycophant. Plus, I tend to not boycott over political/social issues to begin with, as a matter of personal policy.

Side note: Initial reports from friends is that the film is awesome.

Ha, no. I look forward to the release and then go and see it when work/personal life permits. I even leave my lightsaber, x-wing and Jedi apparel at home.

But you must dress up when you're at home, right? Which Star Wars cat do you dress like when no one's looking? :lol: Btw I'm not mocking.

I don't watch feminist movies, but I wouldn't call what I'm doing a boycott.

Well, FWIW, I really liked Rogue One. Very entertaining. Answered some questions. And literally took you right to the beginning of "A New Hope". They did CGI on two characters, one was very good, the other was, not so much, but very short.

Back
Top Bottom