• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Democratic Republic or Athoritarianism?

Do you support Trumpism

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you lack wisdom and a modicum of common sense. Loves Putin? For heavens sake, he is hitting Russia with more sanctions then any previous president. Same with Kim and Xi. And just where has he meddled in the other two branches of government? Please be specific. You are mostly getting overly excited over rhetoric.

Bottom line. FOX is not telling you the truth

Donald Trump backs off sanctions against Russia for involvement in Syria - Washington Times

Are you kidding me? A nearly two year old article on stopping new sanctions against Russia? That's what you base your claim that Trump loves Russia on? Even without those new sanctions, the sanctions Trump has inflicted on Russia are still tougher then sanctions by any previous president.If Trump loved Putin, why did he send high tech Missiles to use against invading Russian troops? Bottom line is that you do not have the foggiest clue what you are talking about.

Are you kidding me? A nearly two year old article on stopping new sanctions against Russia? That's what you base your claim that Trump loves Russia on? Even without those new sanctions, the sanctions Trump has inflicted on Russia are still tougher then sanctions by any previous president.If Trump loved Putin, why did he send high tech Missiles to use against invading Russian troops? Bottom line is that you do not have the foggiest clue what you are talking about.
Just one fact that you ignore

No actually I do not ignore that you do not have the foggiest clue what you are talking about.

OK. I know facts don’t suit your narrative. But trump’s actions speak louder than your words. Trump IS an authoritarian wannabe

OK. I know facts don’t suit your narrative. But trump’s actions speak louder than your words. Trump IS an authoritarian wannabe

Sounds like TDS.

Which do you support:

Today it is clear we are living in a new normal. The current Senators, under the leadership of McConnell has demonstrated that one person can have a major impact on our form of government. There is no doubt that Authoritarianism is now, with no thanks to 51 Senators, a new form of governance, i.e. Trumpism.

IMO, Trumpism is akin to fascism, and a reader with an open mind and who has watched the behavior of Trump and McConnell will see much similarity to these 14 points:

14 signs of fascism - Google Search

This post is idiotic, so I won't be voting. If you want to compare Trump to say...the previous admin then it's clear that Obama was much worse, in about every way, than Trump is. Let's look at the media, Trump says mean things about them and calls them out for being dishonest, Obama literally spied on them and jailed whistle-blowers. Obama's IRS targeted conservative non-profit groups, denying them the status. Obama participated in more war activities, was more involved with regime change, supported terrorist groups, ect.

One of the biggest indicators of authoritarians and fascism is the disarming of the public, which Obama and the left did/do more than Trump.

When talking about the size, scope, reach, and power of the government, regulations represent the most integral part of the power-grabbing process. Trump has made significant moves in reducing regulations, to the point where people on the left are whining about it. Obama did the opposite, he grew regulations.

This whole premise is utterly stupid and based on blind ignorance.

There is no such thing as Trumpism

Dumb thread ; )

Trump slithers toward authoritarianism like a snake toward its prey.

Clinton would have been a tiny fraction of the outright evil that Trump is.

You are so tribally partisan that you don't care how evil Hillary Von Pantsuit is. You just hate Trump. TDS at it's worst.

You are so tribally partisan that you don't care how evil Hillary Von Pantsuit is. You just hate Trump. TDS at it's worst.

Its nice when the vitriolic nonsense in the first sentence tells you you can stop reading right there. Thank you for that service.

Its nice when the vitriolic nonsense in the first sentence tells you you can stop reading right there. Thank you for that service.

Vitriolic nonsense is all you have. But keep trying.

I bet the "I know you are but what am I" just slays them on the second grade playground.

Much like your incessant whining about the electoral college, huh?

Was that actually where you taught school?

Why are you asking personal questions like that? There are tons of great teachers who teach young children in the early grades.

Why are you asking personal questions like that? There are tons of great teachers who teach young children in the early grades.

Just wondered. You seem to be obsessed with second grade and play grounds.

Just wondered. You seem to be obsessed with second grade and play grounds.

I see far too much of it in adults who should have been progressed beyond that level.

They're handing over the free market to oligarchs while they tighten control over the selection and voting process by denying the people a vote and rigging elections. It may not be Mussolini's fascism but it's Putin's modern authoritarianism or China's one-party state.

One has to be singularly brainwashed to think that market 'deregulation' automatically equals 'freedom'.

Nonsense. Less government control does not equal fascism.

Nonsense. Less government control does not equal fascism.

It's not less govt control, it's corporate control - it's handing over the reins to a powerful elite. it's as regressive as saying only white slave-owning landholders can vote.

Back
Top Bottom