• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Democratic Republic or Athoritarianism?

Do you support Trumpism

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trump followers only believe in their own alternative facts.

My suggestion is that when you embellish your past, you should attempt to make it believable. 6th graders just do not contemplate and say: "Oh man, I hate the electoral college."

My suggestion is that when you embellish your past, you should attempt to make it believable. 6th graders just do not contemplate and say: "Oh man, I hate the electoral college."

In my school it was covered.... and mastered.

Which do you support:

Today it is clear we are living in a new normal. The current Senators, under the leadership of McConnell has demonstrated that one person can have a major impact on our form of government. There is no doubt that Authoritarianism is now, with no thanks to 51 Senators, a new form of governance, i.e. Trumpism.

IMO, Trumpism is akin to fascism, and a reader with an open mind and who has watched the behavior of Trump and McConnell will see much similarity to these 14 points:

14 signs of fascism - Google Search
I carefully read the "14 signs of fascism" and the only sign you could likely apply to President Trump was the first one: "Powerful and Continuing Nationalism".

"Nationalism" is simply the love, loyalty, pride, and patriotism of citizens for their nation and heritage.

Nationalism has been an American tradition since the beginning, no matter who the President has been.

It's quite obvious the further left the Dem Party drifts, the more their hate for Patriotic Americans grows.

And I whole heartedly support President Trump and his Policies!

I carefully read the "14 signs of fascism" and the only sign you could likely apply to President Trump was the first one: "Powerful and Continuing Nationalism".

"Nationalism" is simply the love, loyalty, pride, and patriotism of citizens for their nation and heritage.

Nationalism has been an American tradition since the beginning, no matter who the President has been.

It's quite obvious the further left the Dem Party drifts, the more their hate for Patriotic Americans grows.

There are varying levels of nationalism. Mussolini described his Fascist Italian State as "All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state." The ultimate in nationalism. There is nothing wrong with having strong feelings of patriotism and national pride, until that form of nationalism supersedes everything else, like Mussolini and Hitler both wanted.

Good for you. I suppose you also believe trump is an effective leader and a great example to others.

See my new thread to be posted in a few minutes, It was 3:00 AM, two years ago...

They're handing over the free market to oligarchs while they tighten control over the selection and voting process by denying the people a vote and rigging elections. It may not be Mussolini's fascism but it's Putin's modern authoritarianism or China's one-party state.

One has to be singularly brainwashed to think that market 'deregulation' automatically equals 'freedom'.

Its the notion that property rights are the basis for all rights.

Good for you. I suppose you also believe trump is an effective leader and a great example to others.

See my new thread to be posted in a few minutes, It was 3:00 AM, two years ago...

The nationalists blur the lines between a patriot and the jingoist.

Its the notion that property rights are the basis for all rights.

I accept the right to property is a big part of the law but it's not really in the spirit of "all men are created equal" is it? It is not the basis for voting rights or free speech. There's also a concept of public property - services and facilities such as the fire brigade, police, education, parks and schools and in some countries (gasp!) hospitals, that may be managed by the state, but owned by the people. Privatizing these takes property away from all of us.

Just as an aside, "states rights" were about property rights as well - remember who the property was, folks?

and in some countries (gasp!) hospitals, that may be managed by the state, but owned by the people.

Control and ownership amount to the same thing. If you don't control it, then you don't own it. If you can't sell it or destroy it, then you don't own it.

I accept the right to property is a big part of the law but it's not really in the spirit of "all men are created equal" is it? It is not the basis for voting rights or free speech. There's also a concept of public property - services and facilities such as the fire brigade, police, education, parks and schools and in some countries (gasp!) hospitals, that may be managed by the state, but owned by the people. Privatizing these takes property away from all of us.

Just as an aside, "states rights" were about property rights as well - remember who the property was, folks?

Im saying its the notion that leads to that thinking. Private property isnt the basis of all rights of course.

Which do you support:

Today it is clear we are living in a new normal. The current Senators, under the leadership of McConnell has demonstrated that one person can have a major impact on our form of government. There is no doubt that Authoritarianism is now, with no thanks to 51 Senators, a new form of governance, i.e. Trumpism.

IMO, Trumpism is akin to fascism, and a reader with an open mind and who has watched the behavior of Trump and McConnell will see much similarity to these 14 points:

14 signs of fascism - Google Search

This is just stupid. Not liking Trump is fine, but to suggest that we are in an authoritarian regime is just retarded.

I support a Democratic Republic, not Trumpism or Authoritarianism, which I consider one and the same.

I was disgusted by the display of the Trump cultists in the sham "trial". I honestly thought in the beginning that, with all the evidence already presented, that enough of the repugs would vote to at least reveal the hidden documents and allow testimony from key first-hand witnesses to his corruption and conduct a fair trial.

They all exposed their blind loyalty to a corrupt president and violated their oaths, their country and the American people. I have voted in the past on both sides of the aisle, but witnessing what I saw in the United States government by the repugs disgusted me. They care nothing about the country, the constitution and the rule of law. They have no spines, character or conscience.

Now they continue to look the other way while Trump removes loyal patriots who served their country well. They have sold their souls to serve only one cult leader, I can only hope that they all pay in the end for their disservice to the United States of America. I refuse to vote for any repug, they are not patriotic, they are not honest and they are anti-American. I give Romney some credit, but honestly, it seemed like too little too late. I do wish him well, Trump will try to retaliate that he didn't kneel down for him, and Trump's thugs may just take him out one day....nothing would surprise me with the POS in office and his cultists.

Lev Parnas, Michael Cohen, Omarosa Manigault Newman, George Conway, Anthony Scaramucci, Rick Wilson and Others: Trump is a Cult Leader - Freedom of Mind Resource Center

While I do agree that Republicans are doing a terrible job, the Democrats aren't much better.

While I do agree that Republicans are doing a terrible job, the Democrats aren't much better.

I disagree. The Democrats are better, they're not serving at the pleasure of Mr. Putin, and violating the constitution and the rule of law. Democrats are not hurting Americans by taking away their health care, punishing them for pre-existing conditions, cutting much needed assistance for the poor and middle class, suppressing votes from Americans of color, threatening the environment, plants, animals and humans, etc.

Democrats are not making policies which are racist and against non-Christians. Democrats are not sneaking around trying to pull off corrupt deals with foreign leaders for their own self interest and financial benefit. Democrats are not encouraging hate, violence and division in our country. Democrats respect our patriots, ambassadors, troops and Gold Star families. Democrats are serving the country and the American people and are not in Washington to push their brand, and do favors for rich cronies and corporate fat cat sleazebags.

Now, especially with the Trump Party Republicans/Klan in power, Americans have suffered, our national security has been compromised, murderous dictators have been welcomed by this admin to interfere in our elections for Trump's own benefit. Trump violated his oath, he didn't run for president to serve our country, he ran for president to serve himself first, his brand second and his family third. He acts as a mob boss, king and dictator, removing all those who have too much character to cover up his corruption, and replacing them with loyal sycophants....if you're not a yes man to this idiot, he will eliminate you one way or another. This is not the America I was born in and grew up in, what's happening now with the the scumbag in charge is disgraceful.

I think on the list provided Trump misses three points: Obsession with security, religion and military worship. These he just plays lip service to.

View attachment 67273505

However the Republican Party platform fits the entire list to a T. I think they're a little blindsided by this incompetent populist grabbing control of the party's easily led base, but they probably want to hold on till a more competent nationalist/authoritarian from their own ranks comes up and can actually lead as well, can actually hide some of his craziness and gain broader appeal. Then the world is in trouble.

The graphic is missing a main ingredient: "violence".

And since you weren't afraid of posting this, I'm assuming you are unafraid.

The graphic is missing a main ingredient: "violence".

And since you weren't afraid of posting this, I'm assuming you are unafraid.

So far I think they can still be beaten at the polls and their agenda stopped. I'll be afraid when they actually start rounding people up. We're not there yet but I believe that's how much power the GOP wants.

I disagree. The Democrats are better, they're not serving at the pleasure of Mr. Putin, and violating the constitution and the rule of law. Democrats are not hurting Americans by taking away their health care, punishing them for pre-existing conditions, cutting much needed assistance for the poor and middle class, suppressing votes from Americans of color, threatening the environment, plants, animals and humans, etc.

Democrats are not making policies which are racist and against non-Christians. Democrats are not sneaking around trying to pull off corrupt deals with foreign leaders for their own self interest and financial benefit. Democrats are not encouraging hate, violence and division in our country. Democrats respect our patriots, ambassadors, troops and Gold Star families. Democrats are serving the country and the American people and are not in Washington to push their brand, and do favors for rich cronies and corporate fat cat sleazebags.

Now, especially with the Trump Party Republicans/Klan in power, Americans have suffered, our national security has been compromised, murderous dictators have been welcomed by this admin to interfere in our elections for Trump's own benefit. Trump violated his oath, he didn't run for president to serve our country, he ran for president to serve himself first, his brand second and his family third. He acts as a mob boss, king and dictator, removing all those who have too much character to cover up his corruption, and replacing them with loyal sycophants....if you're not a yes man to this idiot, he will eliminate you one way or another. This is not the America I was born in and grew up in, what's happening now with the the scumbag in charge is disgraceful.

Nope. Let’s face it both parties suck

Back
Top Bottom