• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What city would you most like to visit (please read OP)

I've visited just about every US city I want to with the exception of Seattle so Seattle it is. I did change planes in Seattle once but that doesn't count.

Kyoto, Japan

I'd never been there, but I was skeptical and not crazy about vacationing in Manhattan. But Mrs. Cougar talked me into it last summer.

It was awesome! We went to jazz clubs, went to the Met, ate at some fantastic restaurants, even rode the subway at night -- no problem. Had a spectacular time!

It may be may home but it's still my favorite followed by Boston.

Place in country I'd most like to go, San Francisco. How I have never been their I will never understand. This would be followed by San Antonio.

Globally, I'd like to visit Vienna Austria.
Followed by Budapest and Prague.

I have visited pretty much every city in Canada. None left on my bucket list but I would go back the Newfounland in a heartbeat .
All five? ;-)

I've visited just about every US city I want to with the exception of Seattle so Seattle it is. I did change planes in Seattle once but that doesn't count.

Kyoto, Japan
I love Seattle, but we were there a year ago, and at 4 am, somebody shot and killed a guy on the street outside our hotel. Woke us up!

Don't go in the winter, its wet and cold....

We lived vicariously through
Traveling Robert Alaska
Google it like that and the entire series comes up.
He travels the entire state with his RV.
My nephew and his girlfriend got back three weeks ago. We were house Sitting for him his last week there and when they got back he showed us his pix and I have to say they were breathtaking. It’s the only state my wife and I have not been to. YET.

My nephew and his girlfriend got back three weeks ago. We were house Sitting for him his last week there and when they got back he showed us his pix and I have to say they were breathtaking. It’s the only state my wife and I have not been to. YET.
Same for Mr. Alaska is the only State we have not traveled to in the States....and it's likely to stay that way.

Hey, no fair!
City in the UK that I'd like to visit and never have - York or Chester. Been to most other British cities (the ones I'd want to) but these are two cities (only because they have a Cathedral and a castle - that's what you need for a city in the UK) packed with history going back at least as far as the Romans.
Cities in Europe (can't count Europe as one country) - Copenhagen in Denmark, Berlin, Germany or Nice in France.

In Asia: Taipei in Taiwan, or Tokyo in Japan. One of these could be my summer birthday present to myself.
In the Americas: New Orleans, or Atlanta in the USA. Quebec in Canada. Buenos Aires in Argentina. La Paz, Bolivia and Santiago in Chile.
On the African continent: Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania.
Buenos Aires is a beautiful city. It is a lot like Paris and is the most European city in the Americas. Due to their currency crisis/hyperinflation, your money goes a long way there, especially if you exchange on the black market. When I was there last July, the official exchange rate was around 220 Argentine Pesos to the dollar. I was able to get over 440 Argentine Pesos to the dollar on the black market.

I paid for the flight in miles and stayed in a private room in a hostel. The entire trip cost me less than 600 dollars and I was there for a week, (that includes my meals there, lodging, incidentals and so on).

That all said, the best food in the Americas is in Mexico City. I think it and Shanghai are the top 2 food cities on earth.

Buenos Aires is a beautiful city. It is a lot like Paris and is the most European city in the Americas. Due to their currency crisis/hyperinflation, your money goes a long way there, especially if you exchange on the black market. When I was there last July, the official exchange rate was around 220 Argentine Pesos to the dollar. I was able to get over 440 Argentine Pesos to the dollar on the black market.

I paid for the flight in miles and stayed in a private room in a hostel. The entire trip cost me less than 600 dollars and I was there for a week, (that includes my meals there, lodging, incidentals and so on).

That all said, the best food in the Americas is in Mexico City. I think it and Shanghai are the top 2 food cities on earth.
That’s interesting. I would’ve thought Buenos Aires would be numero uno because of transplants from so many different countries.🤔

What I really want to explore in Argentina are the beef products and get to the Patagonia coast but Buenos Aires looks stunning. Thanks for the recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom