• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What city would you most like to visit (please read OP)

I love the cold. I'm perfectly happy at -10° C. Even below zero F is not a big deal.
OK...then you'll be good.......and pretty much have the beautiful city to yourself!! I was there on business in February a few years back and it was -18 C

1. St. John's, Newfoundland
2. Cape Town, South Africa

Since the U.S. is close by I plan to visit Nashville, Seattle, New Orleans and Boston

1. St. John's, Newfoundland
2. Cape Town, South Africa
St John's is a gift .......please go if you can. I don't think there is a people in the entire world who are kinder, nicer, more fun than Newfies.

Quebec City's fabulous. It is truly like being in a small city in France. Very quaint and very interesting history wise. Great restraunts! I never get tired if visiting Quebec City
I've heard great things about Quebec City for more decades than I like to think about.

Love Montreal. Would like to visit Vancouver, Toronto, Quebec City, and other places in Canada.

Two which city questions.
1) which city in you own country would you most like to visit that you never have. Those from Europe please consider Europe one country for this.
2) which city in another country would you most like to visit that you never have?
New York City, San Francisco

Stockholm

OK...then you'll be good.......and pretty much have the beautiful city to yourself!! I was there on business in February a few years back and it was -18 C
I grew up in the Cleveland area, so cold is something I look forward to. I hate the heat of mid-summer because its just too hot for me. I hibernate during the day and come out after dark when its cooler. I can put on more clothes in the winter but you can only take so much off.

My northern European genes dont do hot weather. Its 50°F and I have the heat turned off. I'm wearing a 3/4 sleeve T-shirt and leggings and very comfortable.

I've heard great things about Quebec City for more decades than I like to think about.

Love Montreal. Would like to visit Vancouver, Toronto, Quebec City, and other places in Canada.
Wonderful cities all....being a Toronto girl I'm partial to Toronto. It is a vary alive and vibrant town with something for everyone

I am unsure of the parameters. I have been to Dresden but it was only a stop on the train and I did not see the city. If that doesn’t count, I would choose Dresden.

Two which city questions.
1) which city in you own country would you most like to visit that you never have. Those from Europe please consider Europe one country for this.
2) which city in another country would you most like to visit that you never have?
My list is the hard to get to places. When I worked for the airlines, there were places that were pretty impossible to get to. I did get to go to a hell of a lot of places around the world, saw a lot of great places.

Nuuk, Greenland
St. Helena
Tristan de Cunha
Vanuatu
Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Longyearben, Norway
Rodrigues Island, Mauritus

As for the US, I've been most everywhere, but I would like to go to Maine.
I would also like to visit Midway island, Aloha used to fly there, only about 100 tourists can stay there. Now, the only way to go is by boat.

What part? I am currently considering retiring in the area. I am looking at the Shaker Heights area.
Shaker is very nice. It tends to be wealthy. Many of the pro athletes live there. You could do much worse. University Heights is nice.

Rocky River/Lakewood on the west side is also very nice. Its quite bohemian and becoming quite expensive.

I've traveled all over the US, mostly due to business, so there is no city in my own country that is on my bucket list.

I've also traveled to 5 continents, but there are still a few cities that I would love to visit.
  • Cape Town, South Africa
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • Cairo, Egypt
  • Vienna, Austria
  • Dublin, Ireland

Barcelona, Spain.
Isfahan, Iran.
Tokyo, Japan.
Paris (again).
Barcelona is a wonderful city. We've been there twice and were just there again last October. It is a vibrant city. The architect Antoni Gaudi has influenced a lot of the design there and it is downright amazing. I would highly recommend it, although I will say I was surprised that it was so packed with tourists so late in the season.

I was also in Paris in the 90's but it was for a conference, so I would like to visit again for vacation.

You also have a beautiful country. I've visited Toronto, Vancouver, Quebec City, Montreal, Halifax and even Alberta. I would vacation in Canada in a heartbeat.

I had a second home in Istanbul with my second wife. It overlooked the Bosphorus.
We would see Russia war ships sail up and down.
That must have been a beautiful view, despite the Russian war ships.

We visited Istanbul many years ago and had a private tour guide who took us into the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia the "back way", avoiding the crowds. We loved the city and the people and really want to visit there again sometime in the future.

Would like to go back to St. John's NFLD one more time and get absolutely smashed on some Screech and Dominion Ale with the locals. Maybe do a little fishing along the tundra while I make my way across the rock. There's a lake or pond every 1/2 mile along parts of the TCH, or so it seems anyways. Newfies are some of the best people on the planet.

I doubt it will ever happen now. Too settled in I suppose. Whenever I get more than a hour or so away from Va. Beach these days............ I'm already itching to get back home.

Would like to go back to St. John's NFLD one more time and get absolutely smashed on some Screech and Dominion Ale with the locals. Maybe do a little fishing along the tundra while I make my way across the rock. There's a lake or pond every 1/2 mile along parts of the TCH, or so it seems anyways. Newfies are some of the best people on the planet.

I doubt it will ever happen now. Too settled in I suppose. Whenever I get more than a hour or so away from Va. Beach these days............ I'm already itching to get back home.
Could not agree more about Newfies. They are without a doubt the friendliest, warmest, kind people. Some may not know that on 911 many commercial aircraft headed for the States were forced to land in Gander Newfoundland .The Newfies opened their homes and hearts to thousands of stranded , and fearful passengers mostly Americans and cared, fed and housed them for 5 days, These aren't wealthy people but they have huge hearts .

This article is about the Gander area specifically but the same was happening in StJohn's

Before I take my dirt nap I’d love to go to Prague.
My wife and I have pretty much been to most major cities in the US but given today’s social turmoil I don’t know as I’d want to go back to any of them. I have to say we agreed that the cleanest US city we’ve been to is Salt Lake City, Utah. If anything more in the US it would be national parks and state fairs.

Prague is beautiful!
So I’ve heard. We’ve been to Toronto a few times, honeymooned in Quebec City (loved it), but have yet to get to Montreal and Vancouver. I regret not getting there on our last cross country trip when we stayed at a B&B on Whidby island, Washington.

Could not agree more about Newfies. They are without a doubt the friendliest, warmest, kind people. Some may not know that on 911 many commercial aircraft headed for the States were forced to land in Gander Newfoundland .The Newfies opened their homes and hearts to thousands of stranded , and fearful passengers mostly Americans and cared, fed and housed them for 5 days, These aren't wealthy people but they have huge hearts .

This article is about the Gander area specifically but the same was happening in StJohn's

Visited Gander a few times while I was up thre.

Got diverted to Gander once when Azores had a severe storm flying home on a MAC flight from Rota Spain.

Back
Top Bottom