• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1] NFL Off-season Thread 2024

I honestly think the Cowboys let Prescott play out his contract this season and then move on from him. Of course I could be wrong because who knows what Jerry Jones is going to do.
Very true.. But yeah if I was a betting man, I'd say the Boys are done with Dak..

Very true.. But yeah if I was a betting man, I'd say the Boys are done with Dak..
The big problem of course is the voided years on Prescott's current contract. If he were to sign elsewhere next season, Dallas would eat $40 million against the cap in dead money.

I honestly think the Cowboys let Prescott play out his contract this season and then move on from him. Of course I could be wrong because who knows what Jerry Jones is going to do.
You better hope Trey Lance is ready. I suppose Russel Wilson or Justin Fields would be available.

They should have got rid of that malcontent George Pickens. He's a cancer.

He's not even in the same league as Terrell Owens or Chad 'Ochocinco' in that category but he's still young so we'll see if he turns into a world class prima donna. And if he ends up putting up numbers like they did he'll have a lot of latitude just like them.

You better hope Trey Lance is ready. I suppose Russel Wilson or Justin Fields would be available.

Khan will trade them Fields for two #2's of they really need him.

Dak is a great qb but man does he fold when the pressure is on. Not sure what the deal is.

Our starting qb threw 6 tds last year. Anything is an upside.
Allen and Swift will be on the IL at the end of the year for another embarrassing and dreadful year for the bears. Has any team ever had three straight first picks in the draft?!

Allen and Swift will be on the IL at the end of the year for another embarrassing and dreadful year for the bears. Has any team ever had three straight first picks in the draft?!
They won 7 games last year and should be better this year. I wouldn’t doubt them screwing things up but on paper they are a solid squad.

Can't remember but Browns had some pretty bad seasons around their 0-16 year a few years back.

Dak is a great qb but man does he fold when the pressure is on. Not sure what the deal is.
Folding under pressure is not what “great” QBs do?

Why are the Cowboys and McCarthy obsessed with the passing game? Shouldn't they be a more balanced offense?

I'm quite happy to see the Steelers with Wilson and Fields going forward - their effectiveness will largely depend on what their OC concocts
I’m having fun reading comments on the internet from Steeler fans who are thrilled with signing these two. They think Omar Khan is a genius. I’m sorry to burst your bubble but lets come back down to Earth.

The Steelers had only a couple options this year. Sign one of the crap QB’s available on the market or trade for one of the crap QB’s. They did both. They weren’t in position to draft an elite rookie QB. They didn’t get Kirk Cousins. What other options were there? Khan literally did the only thing left to do. No he did not out play Howie Roseman by shipping Picket to Philly to shrink the Fields market. Fields didn’t want to go there to back up Hurts. Fields wanted to come to Pit because he knows he’ll eventually beat out Wilson for the starting job.

Wilson is not good. He can’t throw over the middle. Pat Freimuth might as well stay in and block. Defenses just take away the boundary. Wilson can’t keep the offense in rythm. He can’t get the plays in on time. He no longer has elite escapability. He holds onto the ball too long. He doesn’t read defenses well. He’s not good with pre snap adjustments. He’s terrible in the red zone. He is no longer an elite deep ball passer. Two future Hall of Fame coaches have given him the boot.

The bottom line is the Steelers upgraded a horrific QB room. They still have the worst QB’s in the division. I hope Fields develops into a great QB. Get ready to hate that creep Wilson.

You just said it. I would argue that for that reason he's NOT great.

I’m having fun reading comments on the internet from Steeler fans who are thrilled with signing these two. They think Omar Khan is a genius. I’m sorry to burst your bubble but lets come back down to Earth.

The Steelers had only a couple options this year. Sign one of the crap QB’s available on the market or trade for one of the crap QB’s. They did both. They weren’t in position to draft an elite rookie QB. They didn’t get Kirk Cousins. What other options were there? Khan literally did the only thing left to do. No he did not out play Howie Roseman by shipping Picket to Philly to shrink the Fields market. Fields didn’t want to go there to back up Hurts. Fields wanted to come to Pit because he knows he’ll eventually beat out Wilson for the starting job.

Wilson is not good. He can’t throw over the middle. Pat Freimuth might as well stay in and block. Defenses just take away the boundary. Wilson can’t keep the offense in rythm. He can’t get the plays in on time. He no longer has elite escapability. He holds onto the ball too long. He doesn’t read defenses well. He’s not good with pre snap adjustments. He’s terrible in the red zone. He is no longer an elite deep ball passer. Two future Hall of Fame coaches have given him the boot.

The bottom line is the Steelers upgraded a horrific QB room. They still have the worst QB’s in the division. I hope Fields develops into a great QB. Get ready to hate that creep Wilson.

lol

Did you miss the part about our starting qb having 6 tds last year?

I can't remember how many games Pickett had less than 75 yrds passing in the first half or how many times we had less than 100 yrds total offense before halftime. Many games it was the 2nd quarter before we got our first 1st down. We were putrid and we still made the playoffs so don't take offense that Steelers fans might be just a little bit excited about the prospect of taking someone else's reject who will still likely be twice the qb of what we had last year.

I'll give you a stat line for this year that would make many Steeler fans pull a Fred Sanford heart attack move to give you an idea how low our expectations are. 3,400 yrds, 64% comp, 17 tds, 10 int's. We can win with that.

The Bears sucked horribly AROUND Fields with now a 2nd horrible organization. The very offensive line got him way too many head shots and the league let it go. I’m no longer surprised at your moronic musings.
LOL such BS. Fields was the 27th ranked passer because he couldnt throw. His 10-26 record is amongst the worst of Bears QB yet you think he's better than Mahomes. You just hate facts, or youre a Green Bay fan.

You are referring to the crybaby on TV who wouldn’t take a physical and has his asshole father as an agent. Real men like CJ Stroud, Richardson and Fields don’t sit their 1st year.
Mahomes sat in his first year, so that goes ot show how much you know.

and Id rather have a crybaby than a moron like Fields who throws ducks with every pass attempt.

All this Bears org cares about is a new stadium and getting a Super Bowl.
Yeah, I want the Bears to win a SB, dont you? Why dont you root for the Steelers instead since you love Justin so much?

LOL such BS. Fields was the 27th ranked passer because he couldnt throw. His 10-26 record is amongst the worst of Bears QB yet you think he's better than Mahomes. You just hate facts, or youre a Green Bay fan.

Mahomes sat in his first year, so that goes ot show how much you know.

and Id rather have a crybaby than a moron like Fields who throws ducks with every pass attempt.

Yeah, I want the Bears to win a SB, dont you? Why dont you root for the Steelers instead since you love Justin so much?

Damn do I miss the NFL when it's offseason but all the shit talking gets me pumped up for opening day.

I can't remember how many games Pickett had less than 75 yrds passing in the first half or how many times we had less than 100 yrds total offense before halftime.
That sounds a lot like Wilson.

Did you miss the part about our starting qb having 6 tds last year?
I mentioned Wilson and Fields were both upgrades. I was just making fun of all the comments I’ve seen on the internet about Khan being a genius and Wilson being a savior. I think Fields will emerge as the guy eventually which will be good for you guy’s. The last thing you want is Wilson being signed to a long term contract. Fields will be fun to watch. Wilson will be like watching Pickett.

I mentioned Wilson and Fields were both upgrades. I was just making fun of all the comments I’ve seen on the internet about Khan being a genius and Wilson being a savior. I think Fields will emerge as the guy eventually which will be good for you guy’s. The last thing you want is Wilson being signed to a long term contract. Fields will be fun to watch. Wilson will be like watching Pickett.

It's the offseason. Time for smacktalk and delusional dreams.

On a side note, you know you may have some issues when you start counting down the time to draft day in Feb.

It's the offseason. Time for smacktalk and delusional dreams.

On a side note, you know you may have some issues when you start counting down the time to draft day in Feb.
Smack talk and delusional dreams are all part of the offseason fun. Unfortunately some people are sticks in the mud and can’r handle it.

The draft is one of the best times of the year. I’m counting the days but also enjoying the process.

Back
Top Bottom