• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1] NFL Off-season Thread 2024

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It seems as though the gun was jumped as the 2024 NFL league year hasn't even begun. This thread is for everything related to the off-season - trades, signings, the draft, etc.

Moderator's Warning:
No trolling, baiting or personal attacks.

:unsure:

Russell Wilson is a jackass!

I think the 49ers will try to run it back next year with effectively the same team. Imo, if they decide to part with one of their two wide receivers, it will be Deebo.

Didn't see this new thread...

I don't know why anyone would want Wilson.. He's got thrown out of Seattle.. Then Denver.. Obviously he's not liked in the locker room... I hope Pittsburgh says.noooooo

Didn't see this new thread...

I don't know why anyone would want Wilson.. He's got thrown out of Seattle.. Then Denver.. Obviously he's not liked in the locker room... I hope Pittsburgh says.noooooo
He’s cheap. He can play for the vet minimum while Denver pay’s his salary. He would be an upgrade over Pickett if he went to the Steelers. it would be an opportunity to continue to evaluate Pickett. That being said, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the team. Whichever fan base gets him on their team will quickly learn to hate him. He’s nothing more than a bridge QB at best.

The big question here is will it be Caleb W or Fields?

I’m hoping for Firlds, myself, but I’ll defer judgment to the Bears GM.
There is a 99% chance they are taking Caleb. The Redskins will make a big offer to move to number one but it won’t be big enough. The Falcons will swap first round picks with Chicago and give them a third rounder for Fields. They will then take Dallas Turner at pick 9.

I fear Caleb won’t work out because it’s Chicago. He won’t be able to emotionally deal with his early struggles. Also, I don’t think Caleb is the generational talent people are talking about. Also, I don’t think the Bears have the right coaches.

There is a 99% chance they are taking Caleb. The Redskins will make a big offer to move to number one but it won’t be big enough. The Falcons will swap first round picks with Chicago and give them a third rounder for Fields. They will then take Dallas Turner at pick 9.

I fear Caleb won’t work out because it’s Chicago. He won’t be able to emotionally deal with his early struggles. Also, I don’t think Caleb is the generational talent people are talking about. Also, I don’t think the Bears have the right coaches.
Thanks.

Since you’re almost always dismally wrong, I take this as a strong sign the Bears will trade the #1 pick.

Thanks.

Since you’re almost always dismally wrong, I take this as a strong sign the Bears will trade the #1 pick.
I don’t think it matters what you guy’s do. Fields isn’t gonna get much better. He can certainly win a team some games but never a Super Bowl. I think C Williams is gonna be a bust. He might have success on another team but not Chicago.

I wish you luck.

I don’t think it matters what you guy’s do. Fields isn’t gonna get much better. He can certainly win a team some games but never a Super Bowl. I think C Williams is gonna be a bust. He might have success on another team but not Chicago.

I wish you luck.
Thanks for the expert opinion.

Very promising.

Thanks for the expert opinion.

Very promising.
It can obviously still work out for you guy's but it's not looking good. It may be better to keep Fields and try to get a haul since I don't think Williams will succeed there. It would be fun to pair Route Man Marv with Moore. The problem is I don't think you're gonna get a Haul since you can only trade down a couple spots and still get Marv. The organization has to be thinking they can't pass on another "Mahomes" like they did when they stupidly traded up for Trubisky. I'm not confident Poles is gonna get this right. He looks like a deer in headlights.

I say this assuming Kirk Cousins doesn't sign with Atlanta.

It seems the Broncos are out on Michael Penix. They just restructured Mike Mcglincheys contract. Penix is a lefty which means Mcglinchey would be his blind side protection. He's not good at pass pro but he's great at run blocking. You don't want him protecting the QB's blindside.

It seems the Broncos are out on Michael Penix. They just restructured Mike Mcglincheys contract. Penix is a lefty which means Mcglinchey would be his blind side protection. He's not good at pass pro but he's great at run blocking. You don't want him protecting the QB's blindside.

The Broncos finally gave up on Jerry Jerudy.

All I was hearing was hype from this kid since he was drafted. I don't even consider him a solid starting WR.

I wish you luck.

Teams will get a better value in Mac Jones.

The Broncos finally gave up on Jerry Jerudy.

All I was hearing was hype from this kid since he was drafted. I don't even consider him a solid starting WR.
Great move by the Broncos. They will get some extra picks. George Payton is the best in the business in evaluating late round or un drafted players. This creates the opportunity for Marvin Mims to step right into his spot. Denver restructured Tim Patricks contract. Hopefully he can stay healthy this year.

I think Jeudy can still be a top 25 WR in this league. He’s an upgrade over E Moore.

Teams will get a better value in Mac Jones.
I wouldn’t be shocked if Denver trades for him. It would have to be no higher than a fifth given up. Sean Payton loved him coming out of college. I’d much prefer Sam Howell but I doubt the Skins let him go. Obviously Denver would draft a QB as well.

My spidey sense tells me Denver may be clearing money to sign Kirk Cousins. He would be a beast in the Payton system. I’m still hoping we draft a guy.

The New England Patriots are shipping the former first-round pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a late-round selection. The New England Patriots are trading quarterback Mac Jones to the Jacksonville Jaguars, per multiple reports.5 mins ago

The New England Patriots are shipping the former first-round pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a late-round selection. The New England Patriots are trading quarterback Mac Jones to the Jacksonville Jaguars, per multiple reports.5 mins ago
When Jones was drafted, I said he was Andy Dalton with DUIs. Turns out I was probably wrong. So far it looks like Dalton was much better.

Good news. I didn’t want him coming to the Broncos.

Back
Top Bottom