• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police Kill 6-year-old autistic boy

The issue is a man, who was also a cop, apparently filling out a vendetta against the man in the car. This apparently has NOTHING, NADA, ZERO to do with being a cop. It does illustrate, however, the agenda that is behind these headlines.

You are wrong. This is just one more example of rogue cops getting caught. If convicted they need to be put in the general population of the prison, case closed.

The issue is a man, who was also a cop, apparently filling out a vendetta against the man in the car. This apparently has NOTHING, NADA, ZERO to do with being a cop. It does illustrate, however, the agenda that is behind these headlines.

What was the vendetta about?

yes, they were arrested quickly, the issue however is the frequency of police instigated violence, and the warrior mentality taught to academy cadets.

these things should not be daily occurrances.

I wonder why they teach them a warrior mentality?

I think it's pretty clear that this child was resisting arrest and represented a threat.

(Check your sarcasm detector for proper function before replying. Thank you.)

I am talking about the personality type. Just like the military, it attracts "bullies" or "alpha males." Type A personalities. That doesn't mean ALL of them are. But they are mostly that personality type. And you know how society is...they can't handle a tough male figure like they used too.

So what you are saying is police have it bad because they are "type-a personalities" because what now?

I think the job requires someone to be an ass. That isn't really an insult in my book. You have to be stubborn. You have to call people on their crap. But to call cops "bullies?" All of them? Even most or half? Nah. I'm more inclined to believe that people can't handle being called on their crap and are just trying to play a victim card.

That's the problem, the job does not require any such thing. when you hire "asses" as you say, you get...... wait for it... assholes.

Alpha in a practical sense...sure. But the position attracts the personality type.[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is police have it bad because they are "type-a personalities" because what now?

That's the problem, the job does not require any such thing. when you hire "asses" as you say, you get...... wait for it... assholes.

Alpha in a practical sense...sure. But the position attracts the personality type.
[/QUOTE]

I'm saying when you hire a type personalities...you get asses. Most people are not a type. So that is how they see them. How do you think people picture marines? I had classes with several marines on their GI bill and it was always funny to me how some people just couldn't handle an a type personality. Described it as an ass or a bully (especially in educational psychology).

But you DO need to hire an ass. You can't just hire an understanding and loving caring person who will hand out hugs all the time instead of cuffing the woman with kids on Christmas. (The first ride along I did...officers first arrest was for child neglect on Christmas no choice). Sadly our society has proven that Andy and Barney wouldn't be able to provide us with anything near an acceptable level of law enforcement.

I wonder why they teach them a warrior mentality?

lol, that dumb cop need to get to a BJJ school. he's fighting like a soccer player, dumbass. (cop be the dumbass, for clarity)

is this your example of a "warrior cop"?

if I was him, I'd be embarrassed that that video was in the wild.

I'm saying when you hire a type personalities...you get asses. Most people are not a type. So that is how they see them. How do you think people picture marines? I had classes with several marines on their GI bill and it was always funny to me how some people just couldn't handle an a type personality. Described it as an ass or a bully (especially in educational psychology).

But you DO need to hire an ass. You can't just hire an understanding and loving caring person who will hand out hugs all the time instead of cuffing the woman with kids on Christmas. (The first ride along I did...officers first arrest was for child neglect on Christmas no choice). Sadly our society has proven that Andy and Barney wouldn't be able to provide us with anything near an acceptable level of law enforcement.[/QUOTE]

why has our society proven that?

the fact that our violent crime rate is the lowest since 1910?

that we are at record low crimes?

That the mortalitly rate among police officers is about the same as the civillian populace?

and if the court finds them guilty they need to me made into a public example. With the execution made for public viewing. These murder cops need to be put down.

Fantastic. Let us bring back public executions for all such heinous crimes, when they are actually committed. Perhaps in public in the criminal's home-section of town, so that all of his friends can see him cry, beg for his life, and then **** himself. You'll look a lot less tough and emulatable that way.

lol, that dumb cop need to get to a BJJ school. he's fighting like a soccer player, dumbass. (cop be the dumbass, for clarity)

:eye roll:

You realize the guy he was fighting was high right? And both were maced. Everyone is a bad ass fighter until they are in the fight.

And this is my example of WHY cops are trained with a "warrior mentality." You can talk all day about the guns and all that, but cops MUST be trained to fight hand to hand as that is something they WILL encounter near daily. Especially in larger cities.

You realize the guy he was fighting was high right? And both were maced. Everyone is a bad ass fighter until they are in the fight.

And this is my example of WHY cops are trained with a "warrior mentality." You can talk all day about the guns and all that, but cops MUST be trained to fight hand to hand as that is something they WILL encounter near daily. Especially in larger cities.

everyone with even the minutia of training would scream at that video "LEGS LEGS GO FOR THE LEGS", my 6 year old knows to go for the legs.

Who maced the cop?

It's not about being a "bad assed fighter" it's about putting in the hard work to be able do defend yourself.

problem is, tactical training with a weapon is a lot less physically demanding than rolling BJJ for an hr.

why has our society proven that?

the fact that our violent crime rate is the lowest since 1910?

that we are at record low crimes?

That the mortalitly rate among police officers is about the same as the civillian populace?

1) Violent crime is not the ONLY crime. And it isn't the only crime with victims. There are numerous crimes with victims.

2) Our society has proven that if given an inch...a mile will be taken. Our society doesn't police its own criminal behavior. It has been like that since the beginning and in 1910 we didn't have a police force that realistically was able to keep any semblance of order. Just read a few books on organized crime (especially in NYC).

I would argue that crime reduction is BECAUSE we have had increasingly LESS tolerant police force that HAS been able to hammer down on violent and non violent crime.

and if the court finds them guilty they need to me made into a public example. With the execution made for public viewing. These murder cops need to be put down.

Let's keep your fetishes out of this.

1) Violent crime is not the ONLY crime. And it isn't the only crime with victims. There are numerous crimes with victims.

What's your point? all crime is at historic lows.

2) Our society has proven that if given an inch...a mile will be taken. Our society doesn't police its own criminal behavior. It has been like that since the beginning and in 1910 we didn't have a police force that realistically was able to keep any semblance of order. Just read a few books on organized crime (especially in NYC).

so, this is your argument for militarized law enforcement?

no, in 1910 crime was at a record low. and we had a much smaller and less militarized police force.

I would argue that crime reduction is BECAUSE we have had increasingly LESS tolerant police force that HAS been able to hammer down on violent and non violent crime.

YOu would have to prove this with statistics.

there is more evidence of removing lead from gasoline and water reducing crime than there is of militarizing the police force.

Yesterday, being Veterans Day, I saw a front page story of how many Dallas Police Officers are former military. They come prepackaged with a warrior mentality. They need to be taught that they are civilians too. Not just us.

If he was just a man he never would have gotten away with this. As a cop he would have probably only been busted if it was captured on camera.

Have you checked the unsolved murder statistics lately? More than a third of all murders go unsolved.

Yesterday, being Veterans Day, I saw a front page story of how many Dallas Police Officers are former military. They come prepackaged with a warrior mentality. They need to be taught that they are civilians too. Not just us.

That is a GOOD point. But there IS an aspect of the warrior mentality that MUST be taught to officers. Ask any patrolmen. They fight for a living. While the small town cops may not have to fight every day...most cops will probably face a resisting arrest and require force on force action to resolve the situation. And military hand to hand training is basically sub par for the job they would be doing (I'm sure I will catch crap but it is a basic reality that the military crash course in hand to hand combat is more about teaching violence of action and it is infrequently used anyway).

So basically the mentality needs to be taught since not all cops are military, and not all military have the same required training to subdue someone and cuff them (different than beating them down to a pulp which would be an instinct for trained fighters from the military). Like the video I showed...the bad guys don't always quit when they are down. I recently spoke with the local academy trainer and he said the big thing with cops is that he doesn't expect everyone to be a ufc fighter, but he wants his cadets to be able to subdue them one if they had too.

That is a GOOD point. But there IS an aspect of the warrior mentality that MUST be taught to officers. Ask any patrolmen. They fight for a living. While the small town cops may not have to fight every day...most cops will probably face a resisting arrest and require force on force action to resolve the situation. And military hand to hand training is basically sub par for the job they would be doing (I'm sure I will catch crap but it is a basic reality that the military crash course in hand to hand combat is more about teaching violence of action and it is infrequently used anyway).

so what you are saying is that they are more likely to be in some sort of hand to hand struggle than use thier weapons.

Then why are they trained and spend their own money primarily on weapons training?

They aren't "fighting" every day and they are not at war.

you can see this by thier lack of interest as a whole in hard training.

So basically the mentality needs to be taught since not all cops are military, and not all military have the same required training to subdue someone and cuff them (different than beating them down to a pulp which would be an instinct for trained fighters from the military). Like the video I showed...the bad guys don't always quit when they are down. I recently spoke with the local academy trainer and he said the big thing with cops is that he doesn't expect everyone to be a ufc fighter, but he wants his cadets to be able to subdue them one if they had too.

which this cop couldn't due to his piss poor training.

The instructor is right not a ufc fighter, but at least a blue belt in a competent BJJ school or equivelent judo rank at minimum.

but that **** isn't as tacti-cool and it's hard work.

You are wrong. This is just one more example of rogue cops getting caught. If convicted they need to be put in the general population of the prison, case closed.

The facts don't support your agenda.

My reading of the reports indicate the shooter had some sort of vendetta against the victim. That is all I know.

One of the thugs was dating the father's ex.

Eh he didnt do too bad i guess if the guy was hopped up on drugs. You can see the hairy scraggle guy has a huge back and is probably pretty strong even without the drugs. Suprised the cop didnt back up and shoot him like they would now days.

Back
Top Bottom