• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NHL 2023-24

This kind of garbage needs to be excised out of the league. Don't give us no 2 game suspension garbage. Make it hurt:

This kind of garbage needs to be excised out of the league. Don't give us no 2 game suspension garbage. Make it hurt:

Good lord that was vicious and wrong! If that is not a minimum 10 games, something is wrong(and it probably won't be 10 games).

He will have a phone hearing with the league, meaning no more than 5 game suspension.

He will have a phone hearing with the league, meaning no more than 5 game suspension.

Would not surprise me if it's 5 or less. NHL does not give a crap about the players and their health.

Rempe has two purposes in the NHL- to fight, and to hurt other players. Textbook goon. Harkens back to the 1990’s when guys like Tony Twist and Link Gaetz were employed to do little more than fight.

Waste of a roster spot. I had nothing against the Rangers, even when they had Ryan Reaves, but this 6’7” Rempe kid is a skating five minute major penalty machine. I’m not going to root for the Rangers for setting the game back by playing Rempe.

He received a four game suspension for that elbow.

Watching TNT, Kings at Blues. Second intermission, on the set of their fake ice and real net, it was Liam McHugh, Paul Bissonnette, Anson Carter, and Henrik Lundqvist, going over goaltending and tip plays down low.

I learned more in that five minutes on the finer points of goaltending from Lundqvist than I ever learned in 55 years of watching hockey. After the game, more good analysis from King Henrik. The guy is a treat to listen to, and by far, he’s the best dressed studio analyst in any sport on any network.

Hockey gonna hockey, again.:mad:
Not that Grier is giving Aliu a Pro Tryout with The AHL Sharks.
It's the reaction by fans on Twitter to it (saying it's a DEI hire)

Hearing Akim Aliu is returning to the ice.#sjsharks GM Mike Grier confirmed today he is signing Aliu to an AHL tryout deal for remainder of the season with
@sjbarracuda

I never dreamed I'd say it, and I wish @tres borrachos was around to see this, but god damn I love Tortorella.

He "healthy scratched" Coots (team captain) in game against Toronto.

How many coaches have the absolute BALLS to scratch a veteran team captain?
Let alone one that was just recently named captain ?

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39768495/flyers-sean-couturier-healthy-scratch-first-ever

So many people are freaked out.
I think it's great. (and there's nothing but love for Coots by the way - dude has been absolute warrior in his career)

Bottom line - play well, you play.
Be insignificant, you sit.
Regardless of your status and history.

Torts is about putting what he thinks is the best team on the ice that he can, for any given game.

And guess what - Flyers won the game Coots was benched for.

Anybody else got a coach who will "healthy scratch" their team's Captain?

Not bitter about losing because I want the Hawks to get the best possible chance at getting Celebrini, but holy shit, the Ducks are a bunch of divers/floppers. I thought I was watching a soccer game.

Tight race atop the Central. Avs just won their game to maintain a razor-thin lead over the Stars, with the Jets right behind them.

The Avs have won 9 in a row. They are much better than Dallas.

If I had to call the Cup matchup today, it'd be Avs-Canes. Avs are on a roll, with a rare loss tonight, and the Canes just don't have a weakness that I can see.

Huge fight at the start of tonight's Devils-Rangers game.

Here's some news, the charter airline that flies Arizona, Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Nashville, New Jersey, NY Islanders, St. Louis and Pittsburgh has gone out of business and all their planes are parked in Marana, AZ.

Huge fight at the start of tonight's Devils-Rangers game.

What I personally don't get is why the other Rangers players feel like they have to stick their own necks out for Rempe. It's not like this was over a clean hit. There were at least two dirty shots he took at Devils players, shots that could do some serious damage.

I used to root a bit for the Rangers because of Panarin and Zibanejad. Not anymore.

Well....the implosion of the Flyers this season is complete.

They spent the majority of the season performing well above any pre-season expectations.
Then with 12 games left and a playoff spot almost a sure-thing, total collapse.

Carter Hart fiasco sure didn't help.

Now I must root for Carolina to win SC.
Go 'Canes!!!

I don't have a major issue with it (maybe that's why Arizona got walloped by The Kraken last night) as long as, Arizona is basically promised an expansion team when the North Phoenix or wherever project is finalized and offiically a go, no referemdums, like the 1 in Tempe, etc.
Salt Lake and The Watsach Front? It is probably the Best Major Metro area (outside of the few that are too close to other markets to have a NHL Team, like Milwaukee and Cleveland) for hockey that doesn't have an NHL team.
At least 10 rinks, between Logan and Provo. I lived and played there in 2005 and even then you can tell it was a solid market for hockey, the 2002 Olympics was just icing on the cake. Plus they would have, just like Colorado, a huge regional area to draw fans from. Which should make up for the possible challenges of lack of corporate support and a Metro Area about the size of Portland, trying to support The NBA and NHL at the same time.
Sucks for Arizona, but it's similar to how Wenatchee got the WHL. Fan support wasn't terrible in Winnipeg but playing in a 1500 seat arena, just wasn't going to work anymore. Same thing in Arizona, even though I thought they had a 3rd year on their lease but that 3rd year could have been a Club Option.
Apparently, Arizona's owner would get a billion dollars (at least) from the sale. If he's serious about making the NHL work there, use that money towards a new arena and then get an expansion team in Phoenix. They will still have D1 NCAA Hockey in the meantime and/or an easy flight and somewhat easy drive to Vegas to see NHL games until then.

https://www.puckreporter.com/nhl-te...Wbb9cutwFd3ATi1m6y1qVjG7zFRfEwBzCuuJtvv2iHyxu

Wild night in the East.

Islanders are in the playoffs. Rangers clinch the President's Trophy. Detroit, Washington, and Pittsburgh all win, but none of them are in the playoffs yet, and each have one game remaining.

Wild night in the East.

Islanders are in the playoffs. Rangers clinch the President's Trophy. Detroit, Washington, and Pittsburgh all win, but none of them are in the playoffs yet, and each have one game remaining.
If Washington wins, they get the last playoff spot. If Detroit gets 1 more point than Washington, they get the last spot. If both Washington and Detroit lose, and Pitt wins, they get the last spot. It is slightly more complicated than that, but that is the basics.

Playoff Brackets are set.

Who wins? Who loses?
Will a Canadian team finally win the SC this year?
Will a "curse" stay alive this year? Rangers????
Will the SC winner be from the East, or West?

Who is your "anybody but ________________" team (or teams) for the finals?

I'm absolutely, and unapologetically an anybody but:
Bruins
Toronto

Fingers crossed for Hurricanes to find the magic potion.

Playoff Brackets are set.

Who wins? Who loses?
Will a Canadian team finally win the SC this year?
Will a "curse" stay alive this year? Rangers????
Will the SC winner be from the East, or West?

Who is your "anybody but ________________" team (or teams) for the finals?

I'm absolutely, and unapologetically an anybody but:
Bruins
Toronto

Fingers crossed for Hurricanes to find the magic potion.

My earlier pick was Canes-Avs in the finals. Still feeling good about the Canes, but iffy about the Avs. Maybe the Jets?

Good riddance. Those leeches played in three different stadiums and wanted another one built for them. Meanwhile, they never had good attendance, never won, and just had their hands out for taxpayer money.

Salt Lake can have that cancer of a team.

Back
Top Bottom