• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NHL 2023-24

I went with my daughter when we had a soccer tournament on the Island. Had a great time at the Coliseum.
All my kids have little interest in sportsball. They’ll go to games, but never had any interest.

A failure in my part, maybe, but I think they recognize the basic absurdity of being a sports fan.

This guy is a stud and he's getting better.

Had zero expectations for Flyers this season. Lost tonight in SO to Detroit but considering they were down 5-1 after the 1st won't complain with a point.

Another Hawks loss but another Bedard point. A little closer to potentially winning the Celebrini sweepstakes, so I'm content.

The Aves are looking good to get the cup back this year. It helps to have three of the best players in the NHL.

Predictions:
Ovie will again reach 40 goals.

Ain't lookin' so good...

And Bedard? He will do his best but this isn't the juniors. He will get steamrolled. Would have been better to give him another year of development and bring in some beefcakes to offer protection.

As I predicted, Bedard is adapting just fine to the NHL, despite being on a crap team ;)

Ain't lookin' so good...

As I predicted, Bedard is adapting just fine to the NHL, despite being on a crap team ;)

That is why PREDICTIONS are just PREDICTIONS.

So @SNOWFLAKE ?

His puck IQ is literally off the charts, and with respect to size and play style... who do you got?

Bedard with the only two goals for the Hawks last night (including the OT winner)

Somebody on another forum summed up where he's at:

Bedard just single handedly won a game for the Blackhawks 2 goals, +2 in a 2-1 overtime win. Is now up to having a point on 52% of Chicago’s goals over the last 14. No other rookie is capable of impacting their team more than Bedard currently, and the list of players league wide is beginning to dwindle fast. Bedard is point per game over his last 17 games, and on pace for 98 points over his last 10.

As far as rookie competition, Bedard has one.
McDavid’s first 34 games: 14-21-35
Bedard’s first 34 games: 15-17-32

Bedard is 6 months younger with significantly worse forward help.

Steve Dangle is always hilarious, and this was a good one for him. After Toronto lost 4-2 to Ottawa last night. His comment: "It is not the playoffs yet, it is ok to actually show up".

Steve Dangle is always hilarious, and this was a good one for him. After Toronto lost 4-2 to Ottawa last night. His comment: "It is not the playoffs yet, it is ok to actually show up".

Do the Leafs actually show up for the playoffs? Until last season, when they finally defeated the Lightning, they hadn’t gotten by the first round in years. A total of twenty series wins since 1967. LOL.

More Isles fans in the 4600 seat college fieldhouse than coyote fans. Or at least they are louder.

Dallas divin' like Greg Louganis tonight...

TORONTO fan and I don't want to talk about it. I'm in therapy
Really good game at UBS last night. We were in 315 with a great view of the action. Nice come back after giving Matthews 2 easy ones on terrible giveaways. A 4 - 3 OT win for the second time this season over the Leafs. JT booed soundly anytime he stepped on the ice and Barzal was magnificent. Paul Missthenet complaining on Twitter, GOOD! I must say it was like a library at times it was so quiet even with it mostly filled. The new outside park and rinks is very cool. Food trucks, beer, fire pits and globe enclosures along with plenty of seating.

New Jersey Devils center Michael McLeod was charged with sexual assault in London, Ontario on Tuesday, his legal team told ESPN, the same day a report surfaced that four NHL players were directed to surrender to police in the same case.

In a correspondence with ESPN, McLeod's lawyers -- David Humphrey and Seth Weinstein of Greenspan Humphrey Weinstein LLP in Toronto -- added that "McLeod denies any criminal wrongdoing. He will be pleading not guilty and will vigorously defend the case. None of the evidence has been presented, let alone tested in court."

Cal Foote, McLeod's teammate with the Devils, Dillon Dube of the Calgary Flames and Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers -- are the four ordered to surrender to London Police, TSN reported earlier Tuesday. The police department has scheduled a Feb. 5 news conference to address the situation.

Never liked Kucherov's personality very much, but this pretty much confirms he's a douche:

Sad stuff all around. Carter Hart had a great future. All gone.
Probably prison time. :mad:

The Philly goalie curse continues. Thank heavens for Errson.

Watch the video!

Back
Top Bottom