• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mother accidentally shoots and kill teenage daughter

You're saying it isn't impossible.

Is there some point to this trivia?
You can't bring a gun into the UK
You're not going to get a section 5 permit.
You need a legal reason to do so and "for my protection" isn't a legal reason and you'll be denied.
You're better off vacationing in Branson MO or Tennessee where you can bring your bang bangs.

You need a legal reason to do so and "for my protection" isn't a legal reason and you'll be denied.
You're better off vacationing in Branson MO or Tennessee where you can bring your bang bangs.

And? Is there some sort of point to this other than belaboring the obvious and adding qualifier after qualifier?

Who the hell would want to go to the UK anyway?

Yeh, the UK is so “progressive” that their Olympic shooting squad has to go to France to practice. Pathetic.

Yeh, the UK is so “progressive” that their Olympic shooting squad has to go to France to practice. Pathetic.
This is what happens when you have been pacified.

And? Is there some sort of point to this other than belaboring the obvious and adding qualifier after qualifier?

Who the hell would want to go to the UK anyway?
Spoken like someone who probably thinks visiting "Epcot's world showcase" is seeing the world.

Spoken like someone who probably thinks visiting "Epcot's world showcase" is seeing the world.

The point of your trivia exercise was to provide an opening to make personal remarks?

What's wrong with traveling in the US?

You can travel on a plane. you declare it and have it checked.

Foreign countries - this is true.
You cannot,
You must obtain special permits to bring guns into other countries with good reason from the country that you are entering.
In the UK "Protection" isn't accepted as a reason.
And most requests are denied even for law enforcement

The point of your trivia exercise was to provide an opening to make personal remarks?

What's wrong with traveling in the US?
Nothing, but there’s a world that exists outside of the US.

Negligence requires that someone ignored an obvious risk or acted with disregard for the safety of others.
If you're the DA, do you think you can prove either?
Was the gun's safety enabled?

You cannot,
You must obtain special permits to bring guns into other countries with good reason from the country that you are entering.
It is not as hard as you think. People take firearms all the time for international hunting trips or competions.

Nothing, but there’s a world that exists outside of the US.

So? I live in the US. I've seen enough of other places. You can go to the UK if you wish. Just be careful if you try to take your guns.

You cannot,

You misperceive, apologies. I meant flying within the US. Yes, I am sure you are right internationally.
I would not go to Mexico unless I were heavily armed now. rephrase that. I won't go to Mexico until it gets better.

When we went to Europe I was always a little jumpy because of that.

Of those 40%, how many have killed someone due to negligence in handling the gun? Isn't that really the issue?

Growing up lots of kids I knew had guns (rifles, shotguns, to be precise). I didn't know any of them to have formal training. I don't know that any of them accidentally killed someone. And that's really what this thread is about, no?
Well, what you and I are specifically discussing is whether it's irresponsible for someone to purchase a firearm and forego safety training if they've never had it.

Plenty of people know how to safely own and operate guns without formal training.

As evidenced by the number of legal gun owners compared to the number of accidental fatalities.
Does training do anyone any harm? Could it possibly mitigate the risk of accidents?

Does training do anyone any harm? Could it possibly mitigate the risk of accidents?

I'm not at all opposed to people getting training if they want to.

Back
Top Bottom