• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Dishonest person running for President?

Most dishonest person running for president

• Total voters
Yeah, it's in The Constitution somewhere.

Democrats: Hillary Clinton hands down.

Republicans: Probably Ben Carson with Ted Cruz a close second

Overall: Hillary. In all honesty I do not know how she can sleep at night. She has betrayed so many in her base. She lies about lying. One of the most dishonest politicians ever!

In this order,

Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Kasich and then Cruz

I could only vote for 1 person - Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump is a very close 2nd.

Trump saying he'll build a wall doesn't guarantee that he won't grant Amnesty to Illegals in any way.

He flip flops almost constantly, saying exactly what he thinks will get his supporters into a bigger frenzy. He's dishonest, and worse yet, he's manipulative.

I agree, and we hear alot of unfinished statements, insinuations, etc. etc.

other
Accusing one of lying is very serious, IMO ..I have yet to see any absolute positive that Mrs Clinton lies ...I think that its all opinion ..sick conservative opinion from the likes of Limbaugh and other hate mongers ...I do NOT consider "campaign promises" to be lies .. The problem is people , who expect the impossible.

You must be living in a cave somewhere :roll:....oh wait, your cave DOES have Internet. Her MANY lies are easily researched for those willing to do a bit of research. ;)

Campaign promises ARE almost always lies....they're NOT lies IF they are kept.

Trump saying he'll build a wall doesn't guarantee that he won't grant Amnesty to Illegals in any way.

How many Trump supporters think he won't grant amnesty vs the ones who know he will?

Be a bit more specific about Trump's flip flopping.

Immigration, abortion, 2nd amendment rights, his claim that the economy does better under a democrat, the fact he says he likes someone only later to trash that person when he or she is doing well in the polls, the fact he wanted an abortion extremist like his sister as supreme court judge, the fact he supported Obama. The fact he supported and donated to some of the most despicable liberal candidates.

How many Trump supporters think he won't grant amnesty vs the ones who know he will?
You have to understand Trump's philosophy to understand how he'd handle the amnesty situation. Trump's governing model is a strict business model. I've figured it out. It costs the US government at least $55 billion more each year for entitlements to undocumenteds adding to the 18 1/2 trillion and rising federal debt.

IMO, Trump won't kick down the doors of undocumenteds as some rhetoricians have screeched. That process will be costly and time consuming. Law suits would make that process a long one even though there is no requirement, anywhere, in The Constitution for US government to entitle people who aren't US citizens. DONALD TRUMP WILL DEFUND UNDOCUMENTEDS. Donald Trump will abide by the mandate of legislators and properly execute the laws concerning illegal immigration.

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact
Trump's dishonesty is already established here. He's already lied to such an extent, Politifact couldn't choose just one as the lie of the year. Donald Trump's entire campaign, as a result, was considered Politifact Lie of the Year.

Immigration, abortion, 2nd amendment rights, his claim that the economy does better under a democrat, the fact he says he likes someone only later to trash that person when he or she is doing well in the polls, the fact he wanted an abortion extremist like his sister as supreme court judge, the fact he supported Obama. The fact he supported and donated to some of the most despicable liberal candidates.
Which gun rights freedoms do you consider at risk with Trump? Trump Is for medical agencies that cater to women's needs. Is against abortion. Said so just recently. I think it's obvious Trump thinks free marketers and democrats (all politicians) are bad for the economy. He's for tariffs (some would call that a trade war even though, as late as the early 20th century, the US gained all of it's tax revenue from tariffs).

Trash someone who he formerly liked? Are you 'clandestinely' referring to Ted Cruz the 'constitutional lawyer' who holds a bible in the air at his political rallies? Enough said, there. Trump's a nepotist? Some reporter asked him who he would pick for judge to replace Scalia. You realize Trump shrugged and said maybe my sister? I think she has great talent as a judge of the higher court. Clearly he hasn't given the matter a lot of thought. I think with his sessions with Sessions of Alabama, Trump realizes the judiciary has overreached its powers as the final say in great numbers of matters per The Constitution. It seems to me he would choose a judge for SCOTUS who is a strict interpreter of The Constitution like.. Sessions. I don't know, how many judges are strict interpreters of The Constitution? They're all about precedents and ideology.

Last edited:
Democrats: Hillary Clinton hands down.

Republicans: Probably Ben Carson with Ted Cruz a close second

Overall: Hillary. In all honesty I do not know how she can sleep at night. She has betrayed so many in her base. She lies about lying. One of the most dishonest politicians ever!

Far and away Hillary. she is in a league of her own when it comes to dishonesty.

On the Rep side, Trump, Cruz, Rubio and Carson have all told some tall tales. I will say that Jeb is fairly honest. I just don't agree with him on some things. Kasich I don't know well enough.

other
Accusing one of lying is very serious, IMO ..I have yet to see any absolute positive that Mrs Clinton lies ...I think that its all opinion ..sick conservative opinion from the likes of Limbaugh and other hate mongers ...I do NOT consider "campaign promises" to be lies .. The problem is people , who expect the impossible.

you mean to tell us her claim about "sniper fire" was not a lie?

Tie between Trump and Hillary.

They're both consummate (and probably borderline psychopathic) meglomaniacal liars and hucksters, largely bereft of conscience or morality, who will do pretty much anything to gain personal power and notoriety. One simply happens to be a stuffy and reptilian career politician, where the other is a (basically failed) business mogul turned cartoonish reality tv star, and subsequently acts the part.

Last edited:
Donald trump he's a liberal democrat running as a conservative.

He mixes Left Wing economic authoritarianism with far Right Wing socio-political authoritarianism, and steeps the whole thing in "lowest common denominator" populist appeals to bigoted hyper-nationalist "empowerment" rhetoric.

He's the closest thing the American political system has to honest to God Mussolini-style fascism.

Trump is the most honest. He just says what he thinks.

Trump is the most honest. He just says what he thinks.

He says what he thinks a certain base of the Republican Party thinks.

I'd say of the candidates left on the Republican list, Trump is the one I prefer the most. I also find him to be the most dishonest about his positions, based on historical precedence.

I find Cruz to be the most honest, and I say that in a bad way.

Trump hands down

Trump might be the most dishonest when it comes to his own political views. Hillary has lied the most as to actual facts.

you mean to tell us her claim about "sniper fire" was not a lie?

Or how about when asked why she mixed personal and gov emails she said
"It would've been better for me to use two separate phones and two email accounts," she said. "I thought using one device would be simpler, and obviously, it hasn't worked out that way."

Yet she has been in pictures using a Blackberry and an iPhone. So she lied about that. And we know she did actually have multiple email accounts on her server although I'm not certain if it was her or her staff on the multiples.

You have to understand Trump's philosophy to understand how he'd handle the amnesty situation. Trump's governing model is a strict business model. I've figured it out. It costs the US government at least $55 billion more each year for entitlements to undocumenteds adding to the 18 1/2 trillion and rising federal debt.

IMO, Trump won't kick down the doors of undocumenteds as some rhetoricians have screeched. That process will be costly and time consuming. Law suits would make that process a long one even though there is no requirement, anywhere, in The Constitution for US government to entitle people who aren't US citizens. DONALD TRUMP WILL DEFUND UNDOCUMENTEDS. Donald Trump will abide by the mandate of legislators and properly execute the laws concerning illegal immigration.
Trump has said he wants to let these people stay.

Move to 05:42
Donald Trump rounds out the week on Morning Joe | MSNBC

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/pro...lker-santorum-week-weve-done-lots-new-ratings
[h=3]WHAT TRUMP SAID[/h]On Friday's broadcast of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Trump said he was "a very big believer in the merit system" to "work something out" for "some of these people have been here, they've done a good job. You know, in some cases, sadly, they've been living under the shadows." Nearly all journalists tend to think the most important immigration question is what should be done with the millions of illegal immigrants already in this country. I hope candidates will learn to say, "That's the wrong question. The right question is what can we do to minimize the harm that having a large illegal population does to the wages of American workers."
But Trump answered:
Well, the first thing we do is take the bad ones, of which there are, unfortunately, quite a few. We take the bad ones, and get them the hell out. . . . We have to get the bad ones out. Then the other ones -- and I'm a very big believer in merit system. I have to tell you. Because some of these people have been here, they've done a good job. You know, in some cases, sadly, they've been living under the shadows, etc. etc. We have to do something. So, whether it's merit or whether it's whatever, but I'm a believer in the merit system. If somebody's been outstanding, we try and work something out. But before we do anything, Joe, we have to secure the border...."
Those comments are in line with an earlier report from TMZ.com:
Donald Trump says if he's elected president, he'd let undocumented workers who are productive stay in the United States, but if they just sponge off the system and don't contribute ... he'd have them deported. . . . Trump tells TMZ he'd create a "system of merit," saying people here illegally should have "a road to legal status" if they work hard and contribute to the country. . . . Trump also says no one really knows how many people are in the U.S. illegally -- he cites different stats that show the figure is somewhere between 11 and 30 million. Trumps says it's unrealistic and inhumane to attempt to deport all of them. Thus, the merit system. He says many undocumented workers are "hardworking people" who deserve a chance to live the American dream.

Or how about when asked why she mixed personal and gov emails she said
"It would've been better for me to use two separate phones and two email accounts," she said. "I thought using one device would be simpler, and obviously, it hasn't worked out that way."

Yet she has been in pictures using a Blackberry and an iPhone. So she lied about that. And we know she did actually have multiple email accounts on her server although I'm not certain if it was her or her staff on the multiples.

those sort of lies are far more troubling than claims that trump once supported gun bans and now says he is a 2nd Amendment advocate or that he was against the war and then for it and then against it

Trump has said he wants to let these people stay.

Move to 05:42
Donald Trump rounds out the week on Morning Joe | MSNBC

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/pro...lker-santorum-week-weve-done-lots-new-ratings
[h=3]WHAT TRUMP SAID[/h]On Friday's broadcast of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Trump said he was "a very big believer in the merit system" to "work something out" for "some of these people have been here, they've done a good job. You know, in some cases, sadly, they've been living under the shadows." Nearly all journalists tend to think the most important immigration question is what should be done with the millions of illegal immigrants already in this country. I hope candidates will learn to say, "That's the wrong question. The right question is what can we do to minimize the harm that having a large illegal population does to the wages of American workers."
But Trump answered:
Well, the first thing we do is take the bad ones, of which there are, unfortunately, quite a few. We take the bad ones, and get them the hell out. . . . We have to get the bad ones out. Then the other ones -- and I'm a very big believer in merit system. I have to tell you. Because some of these people have been here, they've done a good job. You know, in some cases, sadly, they've been living under the shadows, etc. etc. We have to do something. So, whether it's merit or whether it's whatever, but I'm a believer in the merit system. If somebody's been outstanding, we try and work something out. But before we do anything, Joe, we have to secure the border...."
Those comments are in line with an earlier report from TMZ.com:
Donald Trump says if he's elected president, he'd let undocumented workers who are productive stay in the United States, but if they just sponge off the system and don't contribute ... he'd have them deported. . . . Trump tells TMZ he'd create a "system of merit," saying people here illegally should have "a road to legal status" if they work hard and contribute to the country. . . . Trump also says no one really knows how many people are in the U.S. illegally -- he cites different stats that show the figure is somewhere between 11 and 30 million. Trumps says it's unrealistic and inhumane to attempt to deport all of them. Thus, the merit system. He says many undocumented workers are "hardworking people" who deserve a chance to live the American dream.

You forced me to quote you. Yes. It seems Trump is more interested in his business model. Defund undocumenteds. Not spend a whole lot of money and time defending this defunding action. Maybe scoop them up and return them from homeless shelters and jails? I don't know Trump's plan. I know lawyers will litigate on the behalf of undocumenteds even though there are no such provisions in The Constitution for the US government to take care of non-US citizens. Especially when laws on the books to prevent illegal immigration are being ignored by the present POTUS. Providing entitlements to undocumenteds is not official US foreign policy (even though it is BO's).

Last edited:
Which gun rights freedoms do you consider at risk with Trump?

HE said he was for an assault weapons ban.

Trump Is for medical agencies that cater to women's needs.

Anyone who is pro-life does not think Planned Parenthood does good things.

Is against abortion.

Someone who is actually pro-life would never want to appoint a pro-abortion extremist to the Supreme court.

Said so just recently.

The keyword here is recently. Someone who was the complete opposite recently shouldn't be trusted.

I think it's obvious Trump thinks free marketers and democrats (all politicians) are bad for the economy. He's for tariffs (some would call that a trade war even though, as late as the early 20th century, the US gained all of it's tax revenue from tariffs).

You do know some of his signature Donald J. Trump Collection clothing are made in Mexico,Bangladesh and China?

Trash someone who he formerly liked?Are you 'clandestinely' referring to Ted Cruz the 'constitutional lawyer' who holds a bible in the air at his political rallies? Enough said, there.

BEfore Cruz started doing well Trump claimed he liked Ted Cruz and he he said there was no problem with Cruz's natural born citizenship. When Cruz started climbing up in the polls Trump claimed the opposite. HE has also done this with other people.

Trump's a nepotist? Some reporter asked him who he would pick for judge to replace Scalia. You realize Trump shrugged and said maybe my sister? I think she has great talent as a judge of the higher court. Clearly he hasn't given the matter a lot of thought.

Anyone who is actually pro-life would never ever think a pro-abortionist extremist would make a suitable supreme court judge.

I don't know, how many judges are strict interpreters of The Constitution? They're all about precedents and ideology.

That fact alone means if you are pro-life then you would never appoint a pro-abortion extremist.

Back
Top Bottom