• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Dishonest person running for President?

Most dishonest person running for president

• Total voters

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Democrats: Hillary Clinton hands down.

Republicans: Probably Ben Carson with Ted Cruz a close second

Overall: Hillary. In all honesty I do not know how she can sleep at night. She has betrayed so many in her base. She lies about lying. One of the most dishonest politicians ever!

Does pandering count?

Donald trump he's a liberal democrat running as a conservative.

I flipped a coin. Came up with Cruz.

Could have just as easily came up Trump or Clinton.

Too close of a call between Hillary and Trump, should have been multiple choice on the polling.

I would say that the two worst right now are Hillary and Donald. I would put Carson in third place.

Actually I think Donald is too honest. He may backtrack but IMO Ted and Hillary are much worse. They were lawyers so they have professional experience in lying.

Rubio probably lies but IMO he has not mastered that ability to the degree Ted and Hillary have.

In my view Hillary Clinton hands down. I think she is a very disgusting, dishonest, corrupt individual. It astounds me that she has garnered as much support as she has. I have decided that if Hillary Clinton becomes president that I will stop participating in the election process. If the American people feel that someone as nasty as her is fit to be our leader than I have lost all hope at this time.

Actually I think Donald is too honest. He may backtrack but IMO Ted and Hillary are much worse. They were lawyers so they have professional experience in lying.

Rubio probably lies but IMO he has not mastered that ability to the degree Ted and Hillary have.

Exactly, I don't see where accusations that Trump is dishonest come from. He spends most of his time going off-script, just saying what he actually thinks and it probably drives his campaign manager crazy. The rest of them though, they're lying through their teeth and they know it.

Definitely Ted Cruz.
He has never really told the truth at all. He wants Government shut downs but then blames others.
The man is Anti-American to the core and wants nothing more than to destroy our system of Government. Every action he takes demonstrates this, while every word lies about it.

Carson might tell more separate lies on a technical level. But his lies are really more like boy'ish fibs and fantasies.
Cruz is straight up deadly and dangerous.

I don't think Ted Cruz is all that much of a liar more or less than anyone else. More or less the stuff he does, every politician has done all throughout history and his stuff is getting blown out of proportion due to his fighting with Trump and his position in the race.
A month ago, I would have said Ben Carson and his questionable life story for the Republicans. However, since then Donald Trump has done and said things that has made me cringe.

Donald Trump has consistently lied about his positions and his past positions to the point where if you researched his past you cannot even begin to decipher what exactly his positions are. Only one I know for certain is that he wants to build that GOD D*** Wall. He thinks a sitting President makes us unsafe when we are attacked. He thinks Muslims were celebrating 9/11 in the streets. He has consistently changed his views on what to do about ISIS ranging from Bomb the oil to let Russia take care of it. He claims to have lost hundreds of friends on 9/11. Who are they? He claims he will win at everything. He wants everybody to boycott Apple and also he wants to force Apple to make phones in America. Lol.

Then there are some lingering questions Trump downright refuses to answer. Who's he going to pick for Supreme Court Justice? What's his stance on Abortion? What's his stance on Health Care? Are his financials true? How will he change his tune when he is President? Why did you fight with Fox News? Why did you pick on Megyn Kelly? Why are you relying solely on Online Polls? Who is really funding your campaign? Why do you say bad words and act like a bully? Yes I have seen numerous reporters and people ask him that last question and he always pivots and blames others for attacking him, even when he started it! America doesn't need a cry-baby-in-chief.

For the Democrats: Hillary Clinton's misuse of technology is very, very troubling and dishonest. Her excuses for the email server are pretty lame because I would think the State Department has a really secure email system set up. There is no reason why she would have wanted to set up a private email server. Because if she didn't, all her emails would have been handled properly and there would be no confusion on what stuff is considered "top-secret." The SD would have sorted it all out. It's also not very convenient to set up a private email server outside of the government if you are running part of the government. If people need a private email server for other political stuff, I can understand that because they don't want ISPs handling that sensitive information or it could get leaked out... Then again, why not just get a private email address? No need for the server itself. It all points to extreme paranoia and that wretched right wing conspiracy out to get her!

You know...all politicians spin, exaggerate, etc. But there is only one candidate who is a proven liar: Hillary.

I don't know if Trump is lying. What is it called when you don't believe in anything and just say whatever you feel that second without any thinking whatsoever?

Rubio, Clinton, and Cruz though? They're all liars.

I don't think Trump is a liar, just a moron, and whilst I can't say I trust Hilary I don't think her more of a liar than Cruz or Rubio.

Sanders is the only one I'd trust.

On the Democrat side, both are bald faced liars because neither one can deliver half of the pie-in-the-sky freebies they profess they want to deliver.

But on the Republican side, the hands down most dishonest person in the race is Donald Trump, a man whose whole persona as a conservative and a Christian is a bald faced lie, betrayed by his entire adult life.

Hillary and Trump

Cruz is a shrewdly calculating narcissist. His entire persona is a lie.

Democrats: Hillary Clinton hands down.

Republicans: Probably Ben Carson with Ted Cruz a close second

Overall: Hillary. In all honesty I do not know how she can sleep at night. She has betrayed so many in her base. She lies about lying. One of the most dishonest politicians ever!

I would say Trump is the most dishonest person followed by Clinton. Trump his basically changing his mind what seems like every five seconds.Clinton's lies are more spread out over time.

Cruz is a shrewdly calculating narcissist. His entire persona is a lie.

SO your dislike of Cruz is not based on anything factual.

The question is pointless.

It is impossible to know how honest someone is unless they admit they are lying.

And since I assume none of the candidates will EVER admit they are lying, it is impossible (by definition) to know who monster them is the 'most dishonest'

You might as well debate about which one hates liver the most...it's virtually impossible to know.

Last edited:
3 way tie between Clinton, Cruz and Trump.

But it reminds me of a George Carlin skit about politicians and BS. He said the american people like when the BS is obvious and person tips their hat to it. He specifically brought up Bill Clinton. I think that's true now. The american people are more likely to deal with Hilary's BS cause its predictable and you can see it coming. With nutter Cruz and trump you are always in the dark and left guessing where, when and how dishonest they are going to be. It's very sad that's how our current politics works but I think that matters and it's why I think neither of those two have a shot in hell of getting elected.

Back
Top Bottom