• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most Dishonest person running for President?

Most dishonest person running for president

• Total voters
No...by definition, lying only exists when there is 'intent to deceive'. And unless you know the person's intent, you cannot know they are lying...they can always claim they just changed their mind and you cannot realistically know they are lying.

You can believe, hope or assume they ar lying, but you CANNOT know unless they admit it...by definition.

Lie | Define Lie at Dictionary.com

If you disagree, please take it up with the people who write dictionaries.
Reminds me of that thread started by Frank that posits that anything that's not impossible is possible.. You know that thread is going on 100 zillion pages, now? Folks disagree with the premise of the thread but like DA60's second statement, you can believe, hope or assume...,but you can not know.

Last edited:
I think letting states succede from the union while doing nothing puts James Buchanan high on the list of worst presidents.

Followed closely by Franklin pierce.
There's precedent in the writings of Madison for The Constitution to allow succession of states. That doesn't make any sense, though. What good are ANY stipulations in The Constitution if states are allowed to succeed from the stipulations? Would be partners annulling a marriage. What good is the marriage license, then?

There's precedent in the writings of Madison for The Constitution to allow succession of states. That doesn't make any sense, though. What good are ANY stipulations in The Constitution if states are allowed to succeed from the stipulations? Would be partners annulling a marriage. What good is the marriage license, then?

But if the successions had been allowed to happen, that would have established a precedent that could have led to the disintegration of the United States.

Secession is treason and unconstitutional

Last edited:
I don't see Ben Carson as a big liar. I think that's part of his problem in being able to gain traction. I'd have to say Ted Cruz, Hillary, and The Donald are about your standard politicians so at the top of the list.

Actually I think Donald is too honest. He may backtrack but IMO Ted and Hillary are much worse. They were lawyers so they have professional experience in lying.

Rubio probably lies but IMO he has not mastered that ability to the degree Ted and Hillary have.

Trump is too honest? That is hilarious when one looks at the multitude of lies and overstatements he has given. In fact every time he opens up his mouth more lies flow out. Even when he says he is honest, he in fact is lying.

Being right is not what happens when you shout the loudest and insult the most, being truthful is about sticking to the facts and making statements that comply reality and sadly Trump scores extremely poorly on those 2 fronts.

I don't see Ben Carson as a big liar. I think that's part of his problem in being able to gain traction. I'd have to say Ted Cruz, Hillary, and The Donald are about your standard politicians so at the top of the list.

Carson was the front runner until his lies were discovered.

why don't you tell us what those lies are. BTW who do you support for president

When he says Bush and Cruz lies about Trump, does he mean Trump's comments on video and books regarding very liberal things he supported? So now as all Trump-bots use the "but that yesterday he said that" excuse or some variation of it to claim those are lies.

Carson was the front runner until his lies were discovered.

Not so sure that is true. He started going downhill with terrorist attacks and his lack of foreign policy experience which, admittedly, happened about the same time as his supposed lies surfaced. I don't think anyone actually ever proved he was lying about anything. There just wasn't any evidence that some of the things he said were the truth. Could be that they were true and that he just couldn't back them up, which is different than lying. His campaign also went through a lot of turmoil at the same time too.

Actually I think Donald is too honest. He may backtrack but IMO Ted and Hillary are much worse. They were lawyers so they have professional experience in lying.

Rubio probably lies but IMO he has not mastered that ability to the degree Ted and Hillary have.

He flip flops almost constantly, saying exactly what he thinks will get his supporters into a bigger frenzy. He's dishonest, and worse yet, he's manipulative.

He flip flops almost constantly, saying exactly what he thinks will get his supporters into a bigger frenzy. He's dishonest, and worse yet, he's manipulative.
Give an example of Trump's manipulativeness.

Give an example of Trump's manipulativeness.

I can't cite any specific examples of this trait being exposed in the press, but how else would one describe his penchant for telling people exactly what they want to hear in order for him to gain some kind of advantage from them, if not as manipulation?

lol the trump hate cant even approach the clinton reality.

I can't cite any specific examples of this trait being exposed in the press, but how else would one describe his penchant for telling people exactly what they want to hear in order for him to gain some kind of advantage from them, if not as manipulation?

All politicians tell you what you want to hear. Tell me one that doesn't?

Boggles my mind how Hillary can be out in front. Even the Democrats (in exit polls) who vote for her say they feel she is dishonest. As much as the left complains about the field of clowns on the Republican side is this the best the Democrats can offer, voting for someone who they themselves feel is dishonest?

so because they all lie out their asses, means that trump lying out his ass isn't lying out his ass?
WHICH LYING OUT OF ASSES pertains to Trump?

You mean you don't think Trump will be able to get Mexico to build a wall between us and Mexico? Trump, unlike most politicians, will be a master negotiator for the US. Not like the current batch of politicians who are master givers.

You mean you think Trump is bigoted against Mexicans with his statement against Mexican immigrants? Who's lying now?

Last edited:
other
Accusing one of lying is very serious, IMO ..I have yet to see any absolute positive that Mrs Clinton lies ...I think that its all opinion ..sick conservative opinion from the likes of Limbaugh and other hate mongers ...I do NOT consider "campaign promises" to be lies .. The problem is people , who expect the impossible.

other
Accusing one of lying is very serious, IMO ..I have yet to see any absolute positive that Mrs Clinton lies ...I think that its all opinion ..sick conservative opinion from the likes of Limbaugh and other hate mongers ...I do NOT consider "campaign promises" to be lies .. The problem is people , who expect the impossible.

I guess you missed the fact that when polled about honesty, Democrats themselves said that they had a high degree of trust in Bernie Sanders and a high degree of mistrust in Hillary Clinton and Bernie is promising more crap than Hillary is so it's not about campaign promises. Hillary's honesty factor is not just a "vast right wing conspiracy". That's what she would have you believe.

other
Good post. People won't vote for higher taxes yet further and further spending programs are foisted by politicians. How are all these 'essential' government programs paid for? The government borrows that money from other countries and against other existing programs. You know why there's never enough tax money to pay for infrastructure? Politicians have borrowed from funds earmarked by voters to pay for programs like infrastructure to pay for 'essentials' like bicycle lanes along city streets...or free WiFi for farmers. Meaning more towers also need to be built. Those aren't programs on which tax payers agreed to be taxed.

The promises of all these extra comforts provided by government are unrealistic without increased taxes. Some politicians will be proud of the new spending bill(s) for the new creature comfort but then will say, "Oh, but our infrastructure needs to be upgraded and needs more tax money."

Last edited:
I call that the double secret probation tax.

Back
Top Bottom