• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals are dangerous

Yeah, I get that. To be honest, that's why I no longer have my lean set to "Libertarian - Left." Because the left-libertarian lean, if you google it, goes much further down the rabbit hole than simple "liberaltarianism." I liked alot of what I saw, and such a society would be ideal for me, but I'm far too pragmatic to subscribe to such ideas. We're waaaaay too far from anything even remotely resembling that. Not gonna happen in my lifetime, or the next. Or even the one after that probably.

I prefer to describe myself as an Independent with strong libertarian leans. This way I can utilize the libertarian position when necessary, without being psychologically bound to an ideological knee-jerk reaction to every issue. Like I found myself doing at times.

Does this mean I can criticize/mock libertarianism without you getting angry about it?

Yeah, I get that. To be honest, that's why I no longer have my lean set to "Libertarian - Left." Because the left-libertarian lean, if you google it, goes much further down the rabbit hole than simple "liberaltarianism." I liked alot of what I saw, and such a society would be ideal for me, but I'm far too pragmatic to subscribe to such ideas. We're waaaaay too far from anything even remotely resembling that. Not gonna happen in my lifetime, or the next. Or even the one after that probably.

I prefer to describe myself as an Independent with strong libertarian leans. This way I can utilize the libertarian position when necessary, without being psychologically bound to an ideological knee-jerk reaction to every issue. Like I found myself doing at times.

The direction of the country is unlikely to change in your lifetime much at all really.

The direction of the country is unlikely to change in your lifetime much at all really.

That's a strong statement. The world changed a bitchload in just the upper-thirty years of my own.

Thing is, I kinda feel like a bit of a moderate. Or, at the very least, too apathetic to be radical. That's why I think of myself as closer to center than the average Libertarian.

...Not sure I'm a good judge of what an average Libertarian is, though, given that my experience is limited to this political forum.:lol:

most I've met are centrist/moderate on most left/right issues.... but very vocal in opposition to authoritative governing bodies and in support of the liberty of the individual.
being vocal is often confused with being "radical"

Libertarian can never agree on the issues.. as far as whether doing this or that is good or bad... but we mesh very well together when government force is a key component.

That's a strong statement. The world changed a bitchload in just the upper-thirty years of my own.

I didn't say it wouldn't change, but that the direction it is going is not going to change all that much.

How much exactly is a bitchload? :)

That's a lot, but has it really changed a bitchload or because of social media and the 24 hour news cycle is just realized more a bitchload?

That's for the bitches to decide, I suppose.

za8yha3y.jpg

I didn't say it wouldn't change, but that the direction it is going is not going to change all that much.

I foresee every libertarian living on libertarian utopias made from old oil rigs. You'll love it.

Does this mean I can criticize/mock libertarianism without you getting angry about it?

Only when they are stoned. It's libertarians though, so the wait will not be long.

/duck

Don't we have Republicans in Alabama that are literally ignoring court rulings on Same Sex Marriage because they think marriage should be one man, one woman?

Libertarianism, the way it's most commonly defined (socially liberal and fiscally conservative), is technically a centrist ideology itself.

So a tall midget?

So a tall midget?

I know the concept of centrism escapes you, considering you seem to only see things in dog vision (black & white), but it's not at all contradictory to have liberal views on some issues and conservative views on others.

Apples to Oranges...Ignoring gay marriage is not the same as importing millions of future entitlements voters.

The issue is irrelevant, Apdst linked an article that suggests "Liberals" are dangerous because they would like Obama to ignore court rulings. Yet today we are seeing Conservatives in Alabama ignoring court rulings. This isn't a surprise that you are unable to grasp any of this.

The issue is irrelevant, Apdst linked an article that suggests "Liberals" are dangerous because they would like Obama to ignore court rulings. Yet today we are seeing Conservatives in Alabama ignoring court rulings. This isn't a surprise that you are unable to grasp any of this.

It's only bad if "liberals" do it. Haven't you figured this out already?? Geez! :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom