• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump is selling $60 Bibles as he seeks funds for for campaign, legal bills

Really? Can you cite what "crimes" exactly Biden committed? You can't. Because there has been none whatsoever referred by or cited by Comer or House Repubs. Because they haven't found any but that hasn't stopped them from perpetrating a false narrative. And Biden has never been a bureaucrat. He's been a public servant nearly his entire life and remains committed to being a public servant if re-elected. Whereas Trump promised to be a dictator on the very first day of his term should he be elected.
Oh yeah. College kids will eat that up....and Hunter is fine upstanding man. Oh yeah.

Seems like when Trump makes some money the Trump haters get so upset?

And there is this news:

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group surged Tuesday, boosting both the value of the company that houses Donald Trump’s Truth Social platform and the former president’s wealth.

Trump Media, which is trading under the ticker DJT for the first time, opened up 41% at $70.55 on the Nasdaq market. Shares were briefly halted for volatility right after the open.

In afternoon trading, shares were up 45% to $72.48. That implies a valuation of about $9 billion for the company. To put that in context, Trump Media is now worth more than New York Times Co., which is worth about $7.1 billion. Donald Trump‘s more than 58% stake in DJT is worth about $5.2 billion.

When you sell the Bible to pay for your legal woes...instead of promoting the word of God...then it doesn't have a good look. Especially from a guy who is a habitual liar, publicly known to have cheated on his wives and has no shred of being an actual Christian. I mean, let's call this what this is: a money grab by invoking and selling the Word of God. And let us be honest here...we all know how the right would react if Biden were to sell Bibles to help fund his and Hunter's legal defenses....

As far as going public with Truth Social, you do know that he doesn't have access to the inflated value of the stock in the time that he needs it. He can't immediately sell or borrow against it right now; he also has to find people or organizations to sell or lend from in that amount of time at that value. And all investment players are warning against buying as everyone pretty much knows it is a bubble and will drop rapidly because the very reasons to keep it stable at that price doesn't exist.

And that has nothing to do with anyone's political stance, that's just investment practice.

You don't know that. The media back in those days didn't go through the garbage looking for dirt like they do today.
Yeah....that's a load of crap. All one has to do is look back in history....here's one example...the National Enquirer (of all "media") busting Gary Hart. We could talk about the Pentagon Papers, Watergate, Packwood, etc. Just to name a few more famous ones.

You post is pretty much weak sauce.

Oh yeah. College kids will eat that up....and Hunter is fine upstanding man. Oh yeah.
What does being a college kid have to do with anything? And it's not like you answered what Joe Biden's crimes were. And last time I checked, Hunter has no place in the federal government (unlike some Trump children) nor is the president himself.

Blasphemy is the act of showing disrespect to God or something holy, or saying or doing something that shows this disrespect. It can also refer to offensive ideas in other areas. For example, blasphemy can include: Saying something bad about a god, Taking the Lord's name in vain, Questioning a religious institution, and Insulting something sacred.

And yet Evangelicals will lap this up despite its blatancy.

It's a free country. Just don't buy one if it offends you.

I have not looked into the biblical offering yet, but my first thought was "Is it clad in gold?"
Coming soon, the MAGA Bible Gold Edition. ;)
Trump making money off whoring out the word of God should upset any Christian.
I'd be interested in someone checking it against an old Gideon Bible to see if it's been edited for the MAGA mind. 😇

If I believed in hell, I would believe that Trump will spend eternity with his face in Dead Limbaugh's ass inhaling his cancerous farts forever while being eternally on fire.

Sadly, there isn't a hell, we have to fight this prick while we are on earth.
You paint quite a picture. Surly in hell, the Rush can contort himself into some kind of butthole 69. ;)

So the answer is, no, the president, a Catholic, has never had an abortion.

Nor is there any reason to suspect he has ever paid for an abortion of offspring. This also tracks.

He has not campaigned on his religious beliefs. As a U.S. politician, he understands there is (ideally) a separation of church and state. His political views do not have a specifically Catholic basis, which is appropriate in a nation of many beliefs.

His religious views are personal and aside from the traditional "God bless America and God bless our troops" at the end of speeches, his specific religious tenets remain within his household; overall he appears never to have attempted to impose Catholicism into the political sphere.

There you have it.
His professed Catholicism requires otherwise on this issue. There are no exceptions for being a U.S. politician. Quite the contrary. From the catechism:

“2273 The inalienable right to life of every innocent human individual is a constitutive element of a civil society and its legislation:

The inalienable rights of the person must be recognized and respected by civil society and the political authority.

These human rights depend neither on single individuals nor on parents; nor do they represent a concession made by society and the state; they belong to human nature and are inherent in the person by virtue of the creative act from which the person took his origin.

Among such fundamental rights one should mention in this regard every human being's right to life and physical integrity from the moment of conception until death.

The moment a positive law deprives a category of human beings of the protection which civil legislation ought to accord them, the state is denying the equality of all before the law.

When the state does not place its power at the service of the rights of each citizen, and in particular of the more vulnerable, the very foundations of a state based on law are undermined....

As a consequence of the respect and protection which must be ensured for the unborn child from the moment of conception, the law must provide appropriate penal sanctions for every deliberate violation of the child's rights."

His professed Catholicism requires otherwise on this issue. There are no exceptions for being a U.S. politician. Quite the contrary. From the catechism:

“2273 The inalienable right to life of every innocent human individual is a constitutive element of a civil society and its legislation:

The inalienable rights of the person must be recognized and respected by civil society and the political authority.

These human rights depend neither on single individuals nor on parents; nor do they represent a concession made by society and the state; they belong to human nature and are inherent in the person by virtue of the creative act from which the person took his origin.

Among such fundamental rights one should mention in this regard every human being's right to life and physical integrity from the moment of conception until death.

The moment a positive law deprives a category of human beings of the protection which civil legislation ought to accord them, the state is denying the equality of all before the law.

When the state does not place its power at the service of the rights of each citizen, and in particular of the more vulnerable, the very foundations of a state based on law are undermined....

As a consequence of the respect and protection which must be ensured for the unborn child from the moment of conception, the law must provide appropriate penal sanctions for every deliberate violation of the child's rights."
Ah, Napoleon--- still quiet as a mouse on Catholic doctrine concerning the death penalty and the Catholic Supreme Court Justices (Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh, Comey-Barrett,, Roberts, and Gorsuch), I see.

I

Ah, Napoleon--- still quiet as a mouse on Catholic doctrine concerning the death penalty and the Catholic Supreme Court Justices (Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh, Comey-Barrett,, Roberts, and Gorsuch), I see.

I
SCOTUS banned the death penalty for minors in 2005. That’s as close as they’ve been come to eliminating capital punishment and the Court made the right decision in that case. A far cry from Biden openly promoting and facilitating abortion.

Churches cannot donate to political campaigns. Churches can use the tithes and offerings to buy unlimited Bibles. It is an effective and legal way to siphon money to Trump.

It’s surreal to watch a guy who doesn’t believe in either the constitution nor the Bible trying to hawk Bibles to his gullible supporters in order to cover his fraud and legal bills for hiding his adulterous behavior.

He’s the master of distraction, detracting the public from his, frankly nutty policies, like an across the board tariff on every foreign product and his attack on cutting Social Security and Medicare.

No kidding! Ok I’ll look for it. I’m a Raimi fan, anyway.
One of the Easter eggs is that you'll find the same yellow 88 Oldsmobile in all his movies going all the way back to Evil Dead. It was Sam Rami's mother's. 😆

Except for period pieces where cars don't exist like the Silverado western.

One of the Easter eggs is that you'll find the same yellow 88 Oldsmobile in all his movies going all the way back to Evil Dead. It was Sam Rami's mother's. 😆

Except for period pieces where cars don't exist like the Silverado western.

Ok that’s cool. That makes me want to go through and start watching them all. I’m too tied up right now in 1923, though. 😂

Ok that’s cool. That makes me want to go through and start watching them all. I’m too tied up right now in 1923, though. 😂
In the spiderman he directed, it was Uncle Ben's car when he got car-jacked.

Back
Top Bottom