• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN photo shenanigans

You're right, in keeping with Fox style she should have added a Koran or turban.

Can we add a sign saying "Happy Holidays"?

Remember that one time the 25th thread like this turned out false!?

Fox News wants everyone to know that Barack Obama will not be facing any charges in the shooting...

obama-mislabeled-as-suspect.jpg

... So in short, Renae who has been here for 8 years...

It takes some of these newbies a while to get the hang of this place.

No it didn't, unless the Vietnam War was still being fought when CNN launched in 1980.

I think betuadollar owes us all $1.

Yeah MG, cause the media HAS never done such before. Cough Cough George Zimmerman Cough Cough.

ROLLS EYES

That's right/ Everyone know now what a wonderful human being that George Zimmerman has turned out to be.

Your photoshop skills are worse then I remembered, do stop, it's embarrassing.

Are you the only one that didn't get that I was simply trying to emulate the horrible whitening job of the photo in the OP? You know, the one that you believed hook, line and sinker?

That's right/ Everyone know now what a wonderful human being that George Zimmerman has turned out to be.
Being an idiot and a moron does not make one guilty.

Especially not before the trial.

But at some point, there will be another a person convicted in "the court of public opinion" before their trial, and a large part of it will be the news media.

I don't care if they have crystal-clear video of the person shooting another in the back of the head.

Still must be a trial.

Being an idiot and a moron does not make one guilty.

Yes, I know. OJ Simpson is a perfect example. I am sure if he weren't rotting in jail right now, he would have found Nicole's killer.

posted a made up story by a conservative news outlet,

No. Posted a story that was reported by a conservative outlet. It was that outlet that was deceived by accepting the false report at face value and later corrected the record.

No it didn't, unless the Vietnam War was still being fought when CNN launched in 1980.

Oh, contraire. Kobie, I distinctly remember CNN cameras filming me when I was trudging through the rice paddies outside Bing Bang Fuc, as my stick loaded onto the LZ, to go to the DMZ, to shoot some dinky dao, eating a C rat....(drifting away in undecernable babble)

(nevermind, I was only 13 years old in late 1968)

Oh, contraire. Kobie, I distinctly remember CNN cameras filming me when I was trudging through the rice paddies outside Bing Bang Fuc, as my stick loaded onto the LZ, to go to the DMZ, to shoot some dinky dao, eating a C rat....(drifting away in undecernable babble)

I was Napoleon in a past life. I remember CNN interviewing me while I played solitaire on St. Helena.

Last edited:

Da Nang is a rough place for a pubescent boy.

I remember this phrase: "war correspondents." (?)

I was too young for Vietnam, but I didn't miss it by much. When I was 15 they came out with small black and white TVs. So I bought this 15" for the bedroom for 89 bucks. It was great, a crystal clear pic, and it allowed me to follow Vietnam on a daily basis. And watch Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. I had an uncle that gave me an old guitar. And between the TV and the guitar, the woods and the beach, I felt I was fairly well entertained. Life for young people was good, basically. Nothing at all like it is today.

No idea why I was thinking CNN.

No, I don't know who that character is. But all these pics are interesting to me because I later spent some time in the service myself. Even the uniforms are interesting because this was pre-permanent press. And the 16 is interesting because it's still the old 7.62 which I thought was far cooler.

PS: That's one sloppy trooper, there.

The photo is a young Al Gore.

Andd... It turns out to be a lie
Black or White or Fake? : snopes.com
D'oh!
iLOL
Snopes offers no "proof" that it is a lie or that the image wasn't used by CNN.
All they have is a CNN reporter saying it wasn't used. That doesn't make it so. That isn't "proof".

They then just simply dismiss the visual as fake without support.

A LiveLeak article claimed to offer “proof” that CNN had used the lightened image, as demonstrated by a screenshot obtained from “a simple search of the dark web using Kartoo against cached video streams from CNN’s own servers”:

mercer2.jpg

This was, of course, simply another fake created by pasting the lightened image of Chris Harper-Mercer over a screenshot from a CNN report that did not originally include it:

mercer11.jpg

That isn't proof and it isn't even evidence that CNN didn't use that graphic in a report.

That is nothing more than lazy dismissal.

D'oh!
iLOL
Snopes offers no "proof" that it is a lie or that the image wasn't used by CNN.
All they have is a CNN reporter saying it wasn't used. That doesn't make it so. That isn't "proof".

They then just simply dismiss the visual as fake without support.

A LiveLeak article claimed to offer “proof” that CNN had used the lightened image, as demonstrated by a screenshot obtained from “a simple search of the dark web using Kartoo against cached video streams from CNN’s own servers”:

mercer2.jpg

This was, of course, simply another fake created by pasting the lightened image of Chris Harper-Mercer over a screenshot from a CNN report that did not originally include it:

mercer11.jpg

That isn't proof and it isn't even evidence that CNN didn't use that graphic in a report.

That is nothing more than lazy dismissal.

:lamo Here's the segment The father of the Oregon gunman speaks with CNN's Ryan Young about the Umpqua Community College shooting, gun laws and mental health. No image of the shooters is ever pasted on the video frame.

And for ****s sake the fake image posted on the video is ****ing obviously fake. Its so ****ing terrible.

Oh for Pete's sake, there is no reason to be purposely obtuse.
That video doesn't prove they didn't show another video with the image pasted.

And for ****s sake the fake image posted on the video is ****ing obviously fake. Its so ****ing terrible.
D'oh!
iLOL
Obviously you don't pay attention to what has come previously.

Whether that is true or not is irrelevant to Snopes not proving anything. That is the actual point of the rebuttal.

Oh for Pete's sake, there is no reason to be purposely obtuse.
That video doesn't prove they didn't show another video with the image pasted.

D'oh!
iLOL
Obviously you don't pay attention to what has come previously.

Whether that is true or not is irrelevant to Snopes not proving anything. That is the actual point of the rebuttal.

What the heck are you trying to argue? Just quit.

What the heck are you trying to argue? Just quit.
It is pretty obvious.
If you are to going to pay attention I would suggest you quit.

Back
Top Bottom