• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN photo shenanigans

Good. That's part of why it was posted, is it real or no. It's not real then the story is the bad bloggers making **** up.

Did you READ what you posted? :shock:

No it didn't, unless the Vietnam War was still being fought when CNN launched in 1980.

Lmao.... I think you just caught a prime example of somebody making stuff up... wow...

Boggles the mind.

I like this bit:
Why change to hyphenated name? Real name is Christopher Sean Mercer. Media using Christopher Harper-Mercer and Chris Harper-Mercer.

Then they show this image:
oregon-shooter-6.jpg

And show this:
As D-Man was pointing out Mercer was part of a production class going to present a play at Umpqua Community College named “BLITHE SPIRIT“. The play was scheduled to run later this month:

From the cache Centerstage Theatre at UCC
Production Assistants: Alex Frier, Joel Macha, Mary Chitwood, Chris Harper-Mercer, Isaac Guerrero, Ashley Jakubos
Lighting Assistant: Devin Barnett.....

I saw an article about this on Breitbart last night. I googled it and found the OP article about it. I never could find it on a legitimate news sight. I also did a search on CNN for the article and couldn't find one.

Either it didn't happen or CNN changed it pretty fast. I doubt CNN is so fast that nobody caught a screen shot of the web page.

Your story is busted.

Big surprise.

Jim Hoft's Bogus Story About CNN "Lightening" Oregon Shooter's Photo Goes Viral - Little Green Footballs

And...another lie from Jim "the stupidest man on the internet" Hoft

The photo is a fake from 8chan
D'oh!
iLOL
Mr. Hoft was reporting on what another site had asserted, and he fully accredited that site.

I like this bit:

Then they show this image:
https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/oregon-shooter-6.jpg?w=640&h=514[img]

And show this:[/QUOTE]
Yes the site has some accurate information along with the false image claim.
A poster later shows how that account too was scrubbed/changed to a different name.
[url]http://i.imgur.com/5PIupvv.png[/url]

I stopped reading Breitbart after God killed Anon.

I saw an article about this on Breitbart last night. I googled it and found the OP article about it. I never could find it on a legitimate news sight. I also did a search on CNN for the article and couldn't find one.

Either it didn't happen or CNN changed it pretty fast. I doubt CNN is so fast that nobody caught a screen shot of the web page.
Looked as well. Couldn't find.

I recall where someone posted a supposed quote by Sarah Palin which turned out to be completely false. At that time, the argument defending the lie was that, hey, as long as it could be true, it's practically just the same as being true. Could I see CNN altering the image to better fit their narrative regarding race? Absolutely. No idea if they did this but I understand completely why its believable.

I stopped reading Breitbart after God killed Anon.

Breitbart was a nut, and his site is loaded with the worst of the crazy wingnuts.

CNN covered the Vietnam war.

If I recall correctly they also covered the 2nd Punic War.

I remember distinctly that Peter Antett's coverage of the Battle of Lake Trasimene was exquisite.

If I recall correctly they also covered the 2nd Punic War.

I remember distinctly that Peter Antett's coverage of the Battle of Lake Trasimene was exquisite.

Yea Ok. But they were the go-to station during Vietnam, the go-to station for investigative reporting. FOX has left them in the dust.

Yea Ok. But they were the go-to station during Vietnam, the go-to station for investigative reporting. FOX has left them in the dust.

I heard Fox had sources on the ground during the civil war. The south won by the way, Fox is the only one that tells the truth about that one.

I heard Fox had sources on the ground during the civil war. The south won by the way, Fox is the only one that tells the truth about that one.

Sarcasm can be a good thing if it's used effectively. I like it.

If anyone still thinks this is real, here's snopes's take on it: Black or White or Fake? : snopes.com

The information in the OP came from the Conservative Treehouse.
They have Noted their posting with the following in red.

[ NOTE: *Since the original discussion thread was posted on Friday October 2nd, the comparative image above has become the matter of some controversy. On Thr/Fri a twitter acct (we did not record who) posted a video vine on showing a CNN broadcast (TV) including that image. Additionally the same source posting a side-by-side as above. We captured the side-by-side image and shared it – as shown. We did not create the image, we copied it from a twitter feed. According to various comments posted: CNN denies attribution. Absent our ability to return to source origination for further inquiry, the comparative side-by-side image should be considered suspect, and quite possibly false. ]

There is no reason to disbelieve the author of that posting.
I also seriously doubt CNN went to the lengths of making his nose and lips appear smaller. So there is no reason to doubt their denial.

Which really would only leave one possibility. The CTH was rolled.

This is the earliest found instance of the image appearing.

vdmt8p.png

https://twitter.com/0Hour1/status/650131088342405120

CNN didn't exist during the Vietnam War, or any time before 1980.

Yea Ok. But they were the go-to station during Vietnam, the go-to station for investigative reporting.

CNN didn't exist during the Vietnam War.

I suppose it's easier to recreate history when you haven't lived through it. Having watched all the years of television coverage on the Vietnam war, if there was a go-to guy, his name was Walter Cronkite.

CNN? That's ridiculous. Heck, I remember the time when all the kids in the neighborhood wanted to watch t.v (3 networks only) at one specific house because it was the only one who even had color t.v.

Good. That's part of why it was posted, is it real or no. It's not real then the story is the bad bloggers making **** up.

Naaahhh, the way your OP is worded, you were trying to run down CNN for "fixing a picture".

You must be thinking of Desert Storm, not Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom