• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN photo shenanigans

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Curious Case of Oregon Shooter Chris Harper-Mercer – A Social Media Profile Shaped, Modified and Deleted… | The Last Refuge

oregon-shooter-9-color-black.jpg

[h=2]REAL IMAGE (left) – CNN IMAGE (right)[/h]On the left is the selfie Christopher Mercer uploaded to his social media. On the right is how CNN presented the same selfie in broadcast stories about him. Why did CNN need to change the complexion (color) of their broadcast? Why is no-one showing pictures of mom, Laurel Margaret Harper.
Why change to hyphenated name? Real name is Christopher Sean Mercer. Media using Christopher Harper-Mercer and Chris Harper-Mercer.
Summary: The immediate on-line web history of Chris Harper-Mercer showed him to be a mixed-race, angry young man in general alignment with various radical racially aligned groups such as Black Lives Matter, **** The Police and **** Yo Flag – all of which carry a sentiment of favorability and ideological alignment with Islam which was similarly evident in the Ferguson protest movement.

Boggles the mind.

Anyone beyond Infowars and this blog reporting this and confirming this?

Sid a google image search for "Oregon shooter" and saw no image even like that.

One of my first thoughts on seeing the OP was that they had tried to increase the lighting so you could see the guy's face more clearly.

None of the articles on CNN appear to contain this image.

Sid a google image search for "Oregon shooter" and saw no image even like that.
The claim is that the altered image appeared in a CNN broadcast, so that is where it would have to be found.
CNN denies such alteration.

One of my first thoughts on seeing the OP was that they had tried to increase the lighting so you could see the guy's face more clearly.
And make his nose and lips appear smaller?

I didn't even bother too, if someone can prove this is bunk, PLEASE DO!

I think the burden is on you to prove that it isn't. You're just taking the word of a right-wing nutter at face value. I searched CNN articles as well as a reverse image search and can only find the modified image on right-wing blogs.

The claim is that the altered image appeared in a CNN broadcast, so that is where it would have to be found.

And make his nose and lips appear smaller?
Like I said, first thought. Didn't notice that till you mentioned it actually.

But frankly, anyone with a few photo manipulation skills could have done that, it doesn't follow that CNN did.

If they did though...why?

No reason to think about if they did why? If they didn't.

But frankly, anyone with a few photo manipulation skills could have done that, it doesn't follow that CNN did.

I haven't watched CNN since Vietnam. The pictures I did see lent the impression of "mixed" race.

No reason to think about if they did why? If they didn't.
True.

This seems a minor trend though - someone says "<insert news entity> modified the <insert story, picture, audio, video>." With the implication that they did so to illicit a response in keeping with some agenda.

Makes me wonder if anyone should bother to record everything so we can go back and check.

As I noted.

That is really all that needs to be said at this point unless and until the story can be confirmed.

I watch CNN every day. They claimed that they were not going to use the shooter's name or photo, to deny him the attention he wanted. Now, maybe they did so in the first couple of hours, but almost immediately changed the policy... I don't know. I do know that I have never seen that photo on CNN, period, and I have seen ad nausem hours and hours and HOURS of "Oregon Shooter" coverage on CNN.

I think the OP link is a hoax, until proven otherwise.

so, we have a story about how CNN changed a photo to make a black guy look like a white guy, only the story is bogus.

The first photo might be a black guy, but t's hard to tell.

Anyway, who cares, except for perhaps the partisan hacks trying to make the "liberal" media look bad?

Your story is busted.

Big surprise.

Jim Hoft's Bogus Story About CNN "Lightening" Oregon Shooter's Photo Goes Viral - Little Green Footballs

And...another lie from Jim "the stupidest man on the internet" Hoft

The photo is a fake from 8chan

so, we have a story about how CNN changed a photo to make a black guy look like a white guy, only the story is bogus.

The first photo might be a black guy, but t's hard to tell.

Anyway, who cares, except for perhaps the partisan hacks trying to make the "liberal" media look bad?

See post #19 above

I watch CNN every day. They claimed that they were not going to use the shooter's name or photo, to deny him the attention he wanted. Now, maybe they did so in the first couple of hours, but almost immediately changed the policy... I don't know. I do know that I have never seen that photo on CNN, period, and I have seen ad nausem hours and hours and HOURS of "Oregon Shooter" coverage on CNN.

I think the OP link is a hoax, until proven otherwise.

Part of why I posted it.

Back
Top Bottom