• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton Campaign on Suicide Watch.....

So that explains almost all Republican and or Conservative career politicians how? (no no no no you ignore those or they are "not conservative" or "RINOs") :roll:

It does explain one republican...Mr Nixon...otherwise it mostly describes democrat presidents....not all of them, but the one's I mentioned.

Washington Times Editorial. What say ye?

Hillary in a corner
She’s on a suicide watch as her fibs and stretchers just keep coming

Getting caught at telling fibs and stretchers once or twice is embarrassing, but getting caught at lying every day for months is devastating. Even if she avoids an indictment, recovery and a return to popular acclaim will be difficult and probably impossible. The fact that a retired doctor with no political experience but regarded as scrupulously honest is besting her in the polls is enough to convince even the most cynical political pros that black lies matter.

Eggheads and policy wonks tell each other that it’s only “issues,” often dull but always important, that swing elections. Hillary’s positions on foreign policy, economic numbers and social issues could doom her next year, anyway. But what we do know now is that lying matters and voters can tell a lot about a candidate by how he or she behaves when challenged.

Hillary Clinton can joke about her email scandal, dismissing it as the sort of thing that goes on during the summer “silly season,” but the courts, the Congress, the FBI and the public are finally treating it as a serious matter. Only she seems determined to die laughing.....snip~

EDITORIAL: Hillary Clinton's campaign on suicide watch - Washington Times

Clinton will not pull out till you pry her cold dead fingers off from the primaries. If she is anything it is persistent.

It does explain one republican...Mr Nixon...otherwise it mostly describes democrat presidents....not all of them, but the one's I mentioned.

The partisan blinders are pathetic. Almost every single Republican president, or **** just in general every modern president, is a "career politician" who has some sort of arrogance and elitism, and a career politician. Honestly, dont even try to be this politically blind.

The partisan blinders are pathetic. Almost every single Republican president, or **** just in general every modern president, is a "career politician" who has some sort of arrogance and elitism, and a career politician. Honestly, dont even try to be this politically blind.

Which partisan blinders would those be? I am a conservative independant. And you clearly failed to grasp the point I was making. There is a difference between a career politician and one who plots and plans from as far back as puberty to one day become president of the US. However if it makes you feel any better, I don't like the concept of career politicians either. In my opinion the founding fathers never intended that. They assumed that those elected would serve one or two terms and then return to the family farm, law practice, or business. And I have always been a big fan of term limits in Congress...just as now exists for the executive office.

Which partisan blinders would those be? I am a conservative independant. And you clearly failed to grasp the point I was making. There is a difference between a career politician and one who plots and plans from as far back as puberty to one day become president of the US. However if it makes you feel any better, I don't like the concept of career politicians either. In my opinion the founding fathers never intended that. They assumed that those elected would serve one or two terms and then return to the family farm, law practice, or business. And I have always been a big fan of term limits in Congress...just as now exists for the executive office.

Most of the founding fathers were "career politicians", and there is nothing wrong with someone being a "career politician" in my opinion.

Most of the founding fathers were "career politicians", and there is nothing wrong with someone being a "career politician" in my opinion.

The founding fathers did not hold political office for upwards of five decades. And in my opinion, career politicians today too often become career crooks. For just one example, read the book: "Clinton Cash".

Another Democrat worries about Hillary 'death knell'......

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, a Democrat and longtime Hillary Clinton supporter, is now expressing doubt about his party's front-runner. Hickenlooper, who won a closely contested re-election fight last year, said the 2016 election is looking "kind of grim, to be blunt." He also told the Denver Post that "I don't know where this whole thing is going to go in terms of her … [e-mail] server and whether there is something in there that is really going to turn out to have broken the law — which I think would be the death knell."

Hickenlooper is the second prominent Colorado Democrat to shy away from the former secretary of state in the past week. Former Gov. Richard Lamm, also a Clinton supporter, said in an interview that he believes "there's a one-in-three chance that something worse does happen" to cost Clinton the nomination......snip~

Another Democrat worries about Hillary 'death knell' | Washington Examiner

f_whistle.gif

The founding fathers did not hold political office for upwards of five decades.
You're right because the average life span was like 38 years then....

And in my opinion, career politicians today too often become career crooks. For just one example, read the book: "Clinton Cash".
:roll:

Thomas Jefferson lived to be 83.
And he essentially held political positions in one form or another his whole adult life.

George Washington about 67.
And he was a military man his whole life, it was only towards the end of his life did he hold office.

And he essentially held political positions in one form or another his whole adult life.

And he was a military man his whole life, it was only towards the end of his life did he hold office.

None of that is true. I suggest you do a little reading about both men.

None of that is true. I suggest you do a little reading about both men.

Thomas Jefferson died in 1826. He was Delegate to the Second Continental Congress from Virginia 1775-1776, Governor of Virginia from 1779-1781, Delegate to the Congress of the Confederation from Virginia from 1783-1784, US Minister to France 1785-1789, United States Secretary of State 1790-1793, Ran a failed Presidential campaign in 1796, Vice President of the United States from 1797-1801, Ran a successful Presidential campaign thus becoming President of the United States from 1801-1809.. Thats around half of his life involved specifically in government and public politics.... And after his presidency he continued to be involved publicly in politics, especially with education.... So yea...

Jefferson was Secretary of state from 1789-94....vice president from 1797-1801.....president from 1801-09.

Are you sure you want to claim that a man lived into his 80s and held political office for roughly 16 years held political positions essentially all of his adult life?

And they offered to make him a King. Do you want to try some different tact then "life expectancy" Like it or not, the founding fathers did not believe in political positions for life as so many politicians do today.

Thomas Jefferson died in 1826. He was Delegate to the Second Continental Congress from Virginia 1775-1776, Governor of Virginia from 1779-1781, Delegate to the Congress of the Confederation from Virginia from 1783-1784, US Minister to France 1785-1789, United States Secretary of State 1790-1793, Ran a failed Presidential campaign in 1796, Vice President of the United States from 1797-1801, Ran a successful Presidential campaign thus becoming President of the United States from 1801-1809.. Thats around half of his life involved specifically in government and public politics.... And after his presidency he continued to be involved publicly in politics, especially with education.... So yea...

You do understand the difference between elected office and political appointments, don't you? It's elective office we are talking about. Jefferson has roughly 12 years in that category.

You do understand the difference between elected office and political appointments, don't you? It's elective office we are talking about. Jefferson has roughly 12 years in that category.
You're telling me Hillary Clinton wasnt a politician during her time as Secretary of State?

The minute Biden joins, she's toast.

Heya Ballantine. :2wave: He is quickly running out of time. Although, some said it would be best if he waited until the last deadline to file.

Back
Top Bottom