• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton Campaign on Suicide Watch.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Washington Times Editorial. What say ye?

Hillary in a corner
She’s on a suicide watch as her fibs and stretchers just keep coming

Getting caught at telling fibs and stretchers once or twice is embarrassing, but getting caught at lying every day for months is devastating. Even if she avoids an indictment, recovery and a return to popular acclaim will be difficult and probably impossible. The fact that a retired doctor with no political experience but regarded as scrupulously honest is besting her in the polls is enough to convince even the most cynical political pros that black lies matter.

Eggheads and policy wonks tell each other that it’s only “issues,” often dull but always important, that swing elections. Hillary’s positions on foreign policy, economic numbers and social issues could doom her next year, anyway. But what we do know now is that lying matters and voters can tell a lot about a candidate by how he or she behaves when challenged.

Hillary Clinton can joke about her email scandal, dismissing it as the sort of thing that goes on during the summer “silly season,” but the courts, the Congress, the FBI and the public are finally treating it as a serious matter. Only she seems determined to die laughing.....snip~

EDITORIAL: Hillary Clinton's campaign on suicide watch - Washington Times

She is still a front runner in most polls, so it might be kind of early to be talking about the campaign on suicide watch.

Hillary in a corner

Getting caught at telling fibs and stretchers once or twice is embarrassing, but getting caught at lying every day for months is devastating. Even if she avoids an indictment, recovery and a return to popular acclaim will be difficult and probably impossible. The fact that a retired doctor with no political experience but regarded as scrupulously honest is besting her in the polls is enough to convince even the most cynical political pros that black lies matter.

Eggheads and policy wonks tell each other that it’s only “issues,” often dull but always important, that swing elections. Hillary’s positions on foreign policy, economic numbers and social issues could doom her next year, anyway. But what we do know now is that lying matters and voters can tell a lot about a candidate by how he or she behaves when challenged.

Hillary Clinton can joke about her email scandal, dismissing it as the sort of thing that goes on during the summer “silly season,” but the courts, the Congress, the FBI and the public are finally treating it as a serious matter. Only she seems determined to die laughing.....snip~

Her campaign?

This will be one suicide that I'll be happy to watch.

I don't agree with the OP's premise Clinton cant win..after all this she's still leading..
BUT if she loses Iowa and NH both....it becomes much like the Chinese curse for her:

"May you live in interesting times"

No. "Suicide watch" as in dropping out? No. No.

We're hoping she sticks it out until the bitter end sometime late next February or early March. If you'd like to do an intervention, I'll support your effort from afar to that end.

You think the editor is Racist, from the Washington Times? That would be newsworthy. Just sayin!

Anyone who says "black lies matter" is racist. It's juvenile, twists a phrase and shows a lack of understanding of how police/parts of society do not view black lives as equal.

Anyone who says "black lies matter" is racist. It's juvenile, twists a phrase and shows a lack of understanding of how police/parts of society do not view black lives as equal.

Well Real Clear Politics had the link and heading for the Washington Times. So when did they become Juvenile?

Then again they might already have the understanding.....that ALL lives matter, huh?

Well Real Clear Politics had the link and heading for the Washington Times. So when did they become Juvenile?

Then again they might already have the understanding.....that ALL lives matter, huh?

Just what I said, anyone using that phrase is most likely a racist.

Yes, all lives matter. Do you understand that black lives have mattered less when it comes to law enforcement and establishment public policy that have affected them more than it has affected others lives?

It's not the Washington Post ya know. They are different. One is reputable. One is not or at the very least highly biased towards the extreme right wing.

Sure? I don't count the polls for much this early in the race. I wager you could find a poll where she leads everybody.
Heya CM. :2wave: Only Nationally over Sanders Right?

Just what I said, anyone using that phrase is most likely a racist.

Yes, all lives matter. Do you understand that black lives have mattered less when it comes to law enforcement and establishment public policy that have affected them more than it has affected others lives?

Do you really think that partial statement reflects what the Editor was Actually talking about. As it was clear the issue wasn't about Black lives matter. Could be you were reading into more than what was actually there.

But then I often find at times.....those that lean left are quick to call others racists. Even if some are Black.

It's not the Washington Post ya know. They are different. One is reputable. One is not or at the very least highly biased towards the extreme right wing.

Heya MGOP :2wave: That didn't stop RCP from carrying it tho, huh?

We're hoping she sticks it out until the bitter end sometime late next February or early March. If you'd like to do an intervention, I'll support your effort from afar to that end.

Huh? Im not even a fan of hers. Just dont think her campaign is on the edge of "suicide"

Heya MGOP :2wave: That didn't stop RCP from carrying it tho, huh?

I'm guessing they are trying to compete with Drudge by posting popular stories. That or they are using an algorithm to automatically populate popular stories on the bottom of their page. Perhaps in an ad buy deal with social media companies and what is generally considered "non-MSM" sources. EG: Those. I generally don't read RCP's stories because by the time I check polls I have heard of the stories or have read them already from Drudge or Facebook or My various news apps that I use on my phone which updates me the moment things happen. Usually I just go to the polls and the polls don't show what this article is saying.

Huh? Im not even a fan of hers. Just dont think her campaign is on the edge of "suicide"

If her campaign survives and smokes Bernie, you'll vote for her. Her campaign is in trouble though, although admittedly it's very early yet. She could rebound if the Obama administration would just cooperate. Chances of that are, ah, just great. Great.

If her campaign survives and smokes Bernie, you'll vote for her.
Again, no I wont. Ill either write in or vote 3rd party (Green).

Her campaign is in trouble though, although admittedly it's very early yet.
Its hurting.

She could rebound if the Obama administration would just cooperate.
What do you mean "cooperate"?

Chances of that are, ah, just great. Great.

:shrug:

Again, no I wont. Ill either write in or vote 3rd party (Green).

I don't believe that. If it's close and she's still in, you'll vote for her.

Its hurting.

She is, and her campaign seems to be at a loss, although I think that's understandable.

What do you mean "cooperate"?

The administration could quit leaking things. Haven't you noticed?

You think the editor is Racist, from the Washington Times? That would be newsworthy. Just sayin!

The real fun will be watching Hillary implode when she fails yet again to get elected president. Any politician whose entire adult life revolves around a plot to one day become president and fails, loses his/her mind. Just look at Gore. Hillary knows this is her last chance.

I don't believe that. If it's close and she's still in, you'll vote for her.
Again, no I wont.

She is, and her campaign seems to be at a loss, although I think that's understandable.
Hurting, but not done. Nowhere close to being done.

The administration could quit leaking things. Haven't you noticed?
Quit leaking what? Emails?

Hillary in a corner

Well, it's not over until the fat lady sings.

Whether that be before a congressional oversight committee, or that Hillary can even sing with her voice, well that's all to be seen yet.

Back
Top Bottom