• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden launches brutal ad answering Trump’s question: ‘Were you better off 4 years ago?’

so that "war" .......... the USA has less drugs now right? not nearly as many overdosing? addicted ?

society says no - tobacco is a choice and if someone gets it and dies, that's on them. All of us has lost loved ones from smoking and yet, nobody cares that its still legal

we lost 1 million from covid and the country freaks out - we lose 550,000 a year to smoking and have for decades and NOBODY CARES.

if we cared, we'd ban it
Did you know that you cannot infect another person with "smoking" or "drinking"?

So, counselor...what is your solution? kill everyone that smokes pot or whatever?

good gawd why would you say that ?

what I'm saying is that society is very ok with hundreds of thousands of people dying so long as it doesn't get in their way of driving, smoking, drugs and alcohol

that's reality

Biden reminds me of the 3 Doors Down Kryptonite video

US Gas price yesterday is $3.534.
Not everywhere and not all blends. It's $4.99 here in Southern California. How about you find out and report back what it was in December of 2000?

Please produce a link to the BLS data that show an increase of 12,000,000 people employed on 20 JAN 21 (the day Mr. Biden was sworn in) over the number employed on 03 JAN 21 (the peak of the COVID-19 crisis).

What (12,000,000[?]) dead people are you talking about?
The peak (or more actually the pit}. of pandemic employment was March 2000. I have no idea what significance 03 Jan 21 has.

Google BLS.

The peak (or more actually the pit}. of pandemic employment was March 2000. I have no idea what significance 03 Jan 21 has.

Google BLS.
03 JAN 21 was the peak of COVID-19 which is when you said Mr. Trump started to add the 12,000,000 jobs to the US economy.

You make the claim, you provide the evidence to support it. If you don't provide the evidence to support it when requested, everyone is fully entitled to treat the claim as total BS.

03 JAN 21 was the peak of COVID-19 which is when you said Mr. Trump started to add the 12,000,000 jobs to the US economy.

You make the claim, you provide the evidence to support it. If you don't provide the evidence to support it when requested, everyone is fully entitled to treat the claim as total BS.
You do see (or pit), right? The pit of the econo,y came in late March 2020. You can possibly be foolish enough to think I was making a comparison over a three week span.

You seriously think I was claiming 12 million jobs in 3 weeks? Did the fact I was specifically talking jobs, not COVID cases) confuse you?
Bureaul of Labor Statistics is the evidence.

Ok, just because I such a nice guy, but not necessarily a good typist here's the actual BLS data from 2020-2024

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 11.46.38 AM.png

Notice in April 2020 payroll employment was 130.421 million. Now look at Jan 2021 - 142.916 million. A little over 12 million job increase added buy Trump.

When schools were closed and buses weren't going anywhere and people weren't driving to work? Gas prices were low.

Why, do you want to go back to lockdown and low gas prices?
lol, blame everything on the Pandemic; how typically leftist. What you paying in Southern California this week?

lol, blame everything on the Pandemic; how typically leftist. What you paying in Southern California this week?

That literally was why gas prices were low in 2020. Do you want that back? That was YOUR comparison. Not mine.

California is always super high. We have the highest prices in the nation. I'm paying $4.55.

You do see (or pit), right? The pit of the econo,y came in late March 2020. You can possibly be foolish enough to think I was making a comparison over a three week span.
Since you did make exactly that claim, it really isn't my problem that you can't actually read and understand what you must have done a C&P from some other source that you were told you had to believe.

You seriously think I was claiming 12 million jobs in 3 weeks? Did the fact I was specifically talking jobs, not COVID cases) confuse you?

Bureaul of Labor Statistics is the evidence.
Fine, now provide the evidence. You, obviously know where it is or you wouldn't be making the claim.

Ok, just because I such a nice guy, but not necessarily a good typist here's the actual BLS data from 2020-2024

View attachment 67501313

Notice in April 2020 payroll employment was 130.421 million. Now look at Jan 2021 - 142.916 million. A little over 12 million job increase added buy Trump.
In January of 2020, the US employment was 152.045 million. When Mr. Trump left office, US employment was 142.916 million. the difference is 9.129 million. Unfortunately that is not an INCREASE in employment numbers because 142.916 million is LESS than 152.045 million.

When Mr. Trump took office, US employment stood at 145.636 million. When Mr. Trump left office, US employment stood at 142.916 million. As any totally innumerate fool can see, Mr. Trump "increased" US employment by 2.72 million jobs - right?

BTW, you do know that that "dip" in employment was due primarily to the fact that Mr. Trump had taken the lead in the fight to totally ignore the effect of COVID-19 and pretend that it didn't actually exist, don't you?

That literally was why gas prices were low in 2020. Do you want that back? That was YOUR comparison. Not mine.
My point was gas prices were lower even before the Pandemic.
California is always super high. We have the highest prices in the nation. I'm paying $4.55.
It's been going up almost every day recently.
In January of 2020, the US employment was 152.045 million. When Mr. Trump left office, US employment was 142.916 million. the difference is 9.129 million. Unfortunately that is not an INCREASE in employment numbers because 142.916 million is LESS than 152.045 million.

When Mr. Trump took office, US employment stood at 145.636 million. When Mr. Trump left office, US employment stood at 142.916 million. As any totally innumerate fool can see, Mr. Trump "increased" US employment by 2.72 million jobs - right?

BTW, you do know that that "dip" in employment was due primarily to the fact that Mr. Trump had taken the lead in the fight to totally ignore the effect of COVID-19 and pretend that it didn't actually exist, don't you?
Actually, as I recall it, most state governments told Trump to buzz off and implemented their own programs. I do remember Trump echoing Fauci's claims that it wasn't a big deal and when Fauci became more concerned so did Trump. You guys continually ignore that Trump took his talking points from Fauci and other medical experts.

All over the world.

And it bounces back down again. Do you report when it does that?

Actually, as I recall it, most state governments told Trump to buzz off and implemented their own programs. I do remember Trump echoing Fauci's claims that it wasn't a big deal and when Fauci became more concerned so did Trump. You guys continually ignore that Trump took his talking points from Fauci and other medical experts.

Do you recall the Woodward recording where Trump KNEW it was coming, KNEW it was bad and did nothing? And not "echoing" Fauci's "claims" but ignoring what Trump KNEW and not preparing everyone, but downplaying the virus he knew was going to be bad and was going to spread, and telling everyone to pack the churches at Easter, and lying that one day, like a miracle, it would be gone? And letting people die, and die, and die? And not gathering supplies, not preparing hospitals, not doing a thing to prepare the economy, deal with what was going to be a job crisis, deal with anything at all?

Or is none of that "as you recall"?

Yep, and I can remember when gas was only $0.25 a gallon (that's $1.66 a gallon once inflation is factored in)
It's called "demand pricing" and that means "Whatever we demand the price be, that's what the price is."
You mean those medical experts that he said simply didn't know what they were talking about?

Back
Top Bottom