• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN 4 YEARS AGO???

4 YEARS AGO THE DOW WAS 19,200 POINTS. 4 YEARS LATER IT IS 38,700

Enough Said
Not everyone invests in the stock market. And just because the market is doing good really means nothing to Joe average.....

I'm definitely not doing better than 4 years ago. But it doesn't mean that Biden and Trump are the reasons why either. It takes more than just the president to screw up the country.

Not everyone invests in the stock market. And just because the market is doing good really means nothing to Joe average.....
If you own nearly ANY investment vehicle (CDs, 401s, IRAs, Pensions, Social Security, check savings accounts, etc, etc, etc) you have a stake in the market-------------

Four years ago, I was about two weeks into COVID shutdown and work-from-home. Navigating WFH and figuring out how to make it work was fun. The whole toilet paper situation on the other hand was simply nuts. Everybody was over-indexing on hand sanitizers, bleaching mail etc. Donald was telling everyone that it’s no big deal, not dangerous and it’s not going to spread. I was mostly concerned with the sudden reality of not being able to get my monthly haircut.

lmao... as the husband of a hairstylist, I can confirm that you were not alone in this... lmao... When she was finally able to open her doors again, it was hilarious to see the parade of hippies coming in. I think a lot of them were relieved that masking was still a requirement.. :LOL: And the catch up, good grief, she stayed open a couple extra hours to accomodate more people, but even with that she was swamped for a couple months trying to get everyone in. It didn't help that the cleanup (complete sanitization of the salon) between EACH client added 15-20 minutes to each appointment.

Not to mention the boombastic side eye I got whenever I went outside with a fresh fade...lol... If anything, I got MORE haircuts during covid...lmao

Man, what a gong show that all was...

If you say so.

That just tells me where the Biden puke's interests lie: With Wall Street and not with Main Street.

As a member of Main Street, I prefer the way it was 5 years ago.
Not just Biden apparently:

Trump said:
If we lose, you're gonna have a crash like you wouldn't believe

Trump said:
THIS IS THE TRUMP STOCK MARKET BECAUSE MY POLLS AGAINST BIDEN ARE SO GOOD THAT INVESTORS ARE PROJECTING THAT I WILL WIN, AND THAT WILL DRIVE THE MARKET UP

yes I'm better off

why?

I've kept a high paying job and continued working

could I have been BETTER off than I am? YES

interest rates rising have impacted me negatively (home buy)
gas prices have impacted me negatively (lots of driving)
groceries prices shave impacted me negatively (have impacted everyone)

I could have been worse off had I lost my job like so many did during the shutdowns or, if I had a lower paying job with inflation killing our lower income citizens including social security recipients etc Bideomics has greatly hurt our nation

If you own nearly ANY investment vehicle (CDs, 401s, IRAs, Pensions, Social Security, check savings accounts, etc, etc, etc) you have a stake in the market-------------
True, but those types of investments have very little risk and relative yield compared to "real" varied stock portfolios, which is what I was alluding to.

His leadership was horrendous in this, the only crisis he was tested with. He failed as bad as it is possible for an American president to fail. It is part of the reason he is ranked LAST of all U.S. presidents. The doctors that worked with him stated that he was worried ONLY about re-election, and that thousands died unnecessarily because of him. I can't fathom, beyond being dense in the head, why ANYONE wants this sad excuse for a person back in office.

So the NASDAQ and the DOW JONES set all time records today. That damn Bidenomics!

Trump is asking if we were better off FOUR years ago.............

Trump was living off the Obama economy until he screwed it up, big time

Lots of us rely on the market for a good living standard and in retirement

Great Depression Inflation----or don't you remember???????
Sure he was. That's why it was better under Trump.

Yeah im better off financially and mentally, job is doing better. Im happy.

Back
Top Bottom