• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN 4 YEARS AGO???

So, you think going into restaurants under staffed is more fun? Menu's have been downsized as well. Prices are almost doubled.
Grocery stores same thing except trying to get around the robots, and digital shopping carts, self check outs.... OH the fun :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Don't know where you live but things around here are pretty solid everywhere. Anyone who wants to work, works. And they name the hours they want. About the only thing worrying people are all the Trump domestic terrorists that are lurking everywhere.

??????????????? about as real as it gets......

You living in another country, or what??

Main street America isn't Wall Street.

Liberal posers love hating on investors & corporations on one side of their face.............................. and then cheer when they are making profits when it fits their bullshit agenda.

Must be a slow day at Tim Hortons with the blue haired ladies.........ehhhhh?
still fuming? suggestion, get over me. get back to the topic. while flattered, your personal attention is kinda of freaky.

still fuming? suggestion, get over me. get back to the topic. while flattered, your personal attention is kinda of freaky.

Amused would be a better choice of words. Your trolling and bait posts only make you look like a court jester.

“Certain.”

Meaning you are ok with kids being inoculated with vaccines that you agree with.
Nope. I'm not a doctor. There are some common vaccines that are required by law.

Maybe but things are not all that bad at all.
In facts, things are pretty good.
I agree. Things seem pretty good. In general, 2023 was mostly like 2019 which was mostly like 2015. People tend to overstate how much “better” or “worse” things have gotten, IMO.

4 YEARS AGO THE DOW WAS 19,200 POINTS. 4 YEARS LATER IT IS 38,700

Enough Said
Four years ago, I was about two weeks into COVID shutdown and work-from-home. Navigating WFH and figuring out how to make it work was fun. The whole toilet paper situation on the other hand was simply nuts. Everybody was over-indexing on hand sanitizers, bleaching mail etc. Donald was telling everyone that it’s no big deal, not dangerous and it’s not going to spread. I was mostly concerned with the sudden reality of not being able to get my monthly haircut.

no excuses

Average people, who are responsible, are very much helped by a strong stock market because they invest......
I don't make excuses.

Snide remarks from some lightweight never bother me.

4 years ago we where in the beginning stages of lockdown for covid and thousands where in hospital.

I recall Trump saying it would be over by Easter 🙄

Is Trump sure he wants to remind voters of his downplaying the virus?

no excuses

Average people, who are responsible, are very much helped by a strong stock market because they invest......
Very true

Many IRA's are invested in blue chip stocks.

If you say so.

That just tells me where the Biden puke's interests lie: With Wall Street and not with Main Street.

As a member of Main Street, I prefer the way it was 5 years ago.

5 years ago was pre-covid, everyone prefers it, if they're being honest.

It is weird, though, how all of a sudden using the stock market as a KPI makes one a "puke"... lol I remember hearing a LOT about the stock market back in the day... 🤭

Not all-----Trump was making things very unstable and devisive (on purpose)
It is weird, though, how all of a sudden using the stock market as a KPI makes one a "puke"... lol I remember hearing a LOT about the stock market back in the day... 🤭

So, you think going into restaurants under staffed is more fun? Menu's have been downsized as well. Prices are almost doubled.
Grocery stores same thing except trying to get around the robots, and digital shopping carts, self check outs.... OH the fun :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
None of the restaurants I frequent are understaffed. The bars and clubs I play in are packed and there are many more places offering up live music on LI than there were 5 years ago. I'm booked into November and that hasn't happened in years either.

My investments are doing quite nicely. Life, right now, is pretty damned good. I don't ascribe that Biden, but then I didn't ascribe the meltdown of a few years ago to him either. POTUS has very little impact on such things.

Technology happens. There is nothing wrong with self checkout.

Last edited:
If you say so.

That just tells me where the Biden puke's interests lie: With Wall Street and not with Main Street.
stocks have EVERYTHING to do with "mainstreet"-------all benefit
As a member of Main Street, I prefer the way it was 5 years ago.
????what is the point of this quip???

Not all-----Trump was making things very unstable and devisive (on purpose)

Yeah, I'm well aware of the timeline, but it was worse after covid. Trump is a piece of shit, but covid was worse. I'd take 2019 over every year since 10 out of 10 times.

4 years ago, I was using coffee filters as toilet paper.

But if we're really being honest, we can't have one without the other.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the timeline, but it was worse after covid. Trump is a piece of shit, but covid was worse. I'd take 2019 over every year since 10 out of 10 times.
Year---in some ways it would be great to go back to 2019 and never see COVID...........................COVID really changed the world, or at least how we reacted to it changed everything.....

Year---in some ways it would be great to go back to 2019 and never see COVID...........................COVID really changed the world, or at least how we reacted to it changed everything.....
Yup. It's not like problems didn't exist before covid, but ... shit just hasn't felt the same since. It would be easy to blame Trump's response for that, but Trump wasn't up here, and it's just as different. Which is not to take anything away from how miserably Trump managed it, but rather just to say that as bad as Trump is/was, covid is definitely worse.

Back
Top Bottom