• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN 4 YEARS AGO???

4 YEARS AGO THE DOW WAS 19,200 POINTS. 4 YEARS LATER IT IS 38,700

Enough Said
What was the DOW 5 years ago?

In any case, Wall Street is not the US economy. Main Street is the US economy.

What was the inflation rate four years ago?

Last edited:
Yes. I am better off now than 4 years ago. I was better off in 2020 than in 2016. I also was better off in 2016 than in 2012.

I don’t depend on old politicians to guarantee my interests nor my fate.

Thoughts and prayers to those who require an elderly dude to solve their problems for them.

ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN 4 YEARS AGO???

Yep. Roughly four years ago, I was working my ass off, and I was terrified that I'd catch COVID and not get to see my kid grow up. Now I'm thoroughly vaccinated and there's another kid that I want to see grow up.

If you say so.

That just tells me where the Biden puke's interests lie: With Wall Street and not with Main Street.

As a member of Main Street, I prefer the way it was 5 years ago.

Enough Said
I tend to think the stock market is not the ideal metric to measure the economy with.

But yes, I am better off than I was 4 years ago.

If you say so.

That just tells me where the Biden puke's interests lie: With Wall Street and not with Main Street.

As a member of Main Street, I prefer the way it was 5 years ago.
You don’t speak for either Main Street nor Wall Street. Neither have any patience for those who promulgate wacky baseless conspiracy theories. Wall Street fires such people, and Main Street shuts their doors in their faces. Until such a time as you provide your Incontrovertible Proof of 2020 Electoral Fraud, you have no place on Main Street.

You are dismissed.

Well, here is how it goes folks, if you don't like Biden and you love Trump, you are worse off than you were four years ago.

If you are like the rest of us, you are glad unemployment is down so we have jobs, glad that real wages have gone up, and that we don't have a braindead moron for a President.

I mean Trump, which I know hurts the fee fees of some of his bootlickers. Just in case you all were wondering.

I find it hard to give to much kudos to a president for the stock market doing well. Given the right circumstances I think it would be possible to support a president in very harsh economic times.

I tend to think the stock market is not the ideal metric to measure the economy with.

But yes, I am better off than I was 4 years ago.
Our winters up here in Canada have been far less severe which means us SNOWFLAKES are not as well off since we don't get enough cold months to enjoy the outdoors.

I find it hard to give to much kudos to a president for the stock market doing well. Given the right circumstances I think it would be possible to support a president in very harsh economic times.
People invest far too much in a President’s ability to influence the global economy.

Yes. I am better off now than 4 years ago. I was better off in 2020 than in 2016. I also was better off in 2016 than in 2012.

I don’t depend on old politicians to guarantee my interests nor my fate.

Thoughts and prayers to those who require an elderly dude to solve their problems for them.
Nor do I, but, 4 years ago, it was much better, and much more fun to go out to a restaurant (pre-covid), that is. Same with grocery shopping. Things were a lot better in general. Right now, we are in a nobody gives shit about anything mentality!

Nor do I, but, 4 years ago, it was much better, and much more fun to go out to a restaurant (pre-covid), that is. Same with grocery shopping. Things were a lot better in general. Right now, we are in a nobody gives shit about anything mentality!
Four years ago, things were about the same as it is today. Restaurants are obviously better now than four years ago due to improved varieties of food and four years of menu evolution, and it’s obviously far more fun to eat out now. If it’s not for you, well, I’m sorry that you no longer get to spend time with the fun people. That they left you is not Biden’s fault nor anyone else’s but your own. Nobody likes being seated near a Debbie Downer when at a fun restaurant.

Grocery stores are also better today than four years ago, having also gone through four years of continuous improvement. Right now you don’t give a shit about anything except whining on the Internet about how one old guy ruined your world while another old guy will fix it. Me and Americans on the other hand do care and continuously work to improve things.

I will say that parking is definitely worse now than four years ago due to the much stronger economy we have today. Places are always packed with people buying and selling things and making money.

Let me tell you how things work:
If the stock market is doing really well when MY President is in power, the stock market doing well is because of his policies.
If the stock market is doing really bad when MY President is in power, the stock market doing badly has nothing to do with his policies.

Example: When Trump was in power and the market was strong, he bragged about it (easy enough to look it up, because he did) and his supporters all echoed his words
NOW that Biden is in power lots of people saying................
I find it hard to give to much kudos to a president for the stock market doing well.
See how that works?

People invest far too much in a President’s ability to influence the global economy.
Now now, you have to realize, when the economy is doing badly under Trump it isn't his fault, but if it is doing badly under Biden it is definitely his fault.
It's called "my guy can't do any wrong" vs "your guy can't do anything right."

What was the DOW 5 years ago?
Trump is asking if we were better off FOUR years ago.............

Trump was living off the Obama economy until he screwed it up, big time
In any case, Wall Street is not the US economy. Main Street is the US economy.
Lots of us rely on the market for a good living standard and in retirement
What was the inflation rate four years ago?
Great Depression Inflation----or don't you remember???????

Four years ago, things were about the same as it is today. Restaurants are obviously better now than four years ago due to improved varieties of food and four years of menu evolution, and it’s obviously far more fun to eat out now. If it’s not for you, well, I’m sorry that you no longer get to spend time with the fun people.

Grocery stores are also better today than four years ago, having also gone through four years of continuous improvement. Right now you don’t give a shit about anything except whining on the Internet about how one old guy ruined your world while another old guy will fix it. Me and Americans on the other hand do care and continuously work to improve things.

I will say that parking is definitely worse now than four years ago due to the much stronger economy we have today. Places are always packed with people buying and selling things and making money.
So, you think going into restaurants under staffed is more fun? Menu's have been downsized as well. Prices are almost doubled.
Grocery stores same thing except trying to get around the robots, and digital shopping carts, self check outs.... OH the fun :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Let me tell you how things work:
If the stock market is doing really well when MY President is in power, the stock market doing well is because of his policies.
If the stock market is doing really bad when MY President is in power, the stock market doing badly has nothing to do with his policies.

Example: When Trump was in power and the market was strong, he bragged about it (easy enough to look it up, because he did) and his supporters all echoed his words
NOW that Biden is in power lots of people saying................

See how that works?
That’s kind of the point I was making in the first place, but I give neither credit. Everything isn’t about Biden and Trump when I was thinking of harsh economic times I was more thinking of FDR.

That’s kind of the point I was making in the first place, but I give neither credit. Everything isn’t about Biden and Trump when I was thinking of harsh economic times I was more thinking of FDR.
Yet the partisans on here will do exactly what I just prefaced. I realize far more than they do that any President or in my country Prime Minister can do very little to influence the economy. They can do SOME. But global trends dictate inflation.

Enough Said
Who owns teh DOW? So you are helping out the rich here? Is that what we want our government to do, help the rich get richer? Man the left will be watching this.

Back
Top Bottom