• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN 4 YEARS AGO???

I did say pre- covid, you know
Yeah, covid hurt restaurants so darn much. Even when they reopened, they didn't have enough staff, customer service was terrible, employees felt over the top entitled/full of impossible demands and thus their work ethic dropped so much. Employers couldn't even afford to stay open due to employee shortages and employee demands. So, MANY restaurants went bankrupt and closed. Thus now, the remaining ones are too busy.

Take it up with your Congressman. Personally, IDGAF. I’d rather have them here than a bunch of brain-dead MAGAs, anyway.
great point !!
It ain't the refugees coming into America that are the threat to ending our nation and democracy-----it is the Trumpers

They’re properly staffed, with improved menus and good value. Not my problem that you go to crap restaurants then act like a Debbie Downer. Please don’t tell me you’re “that person” at a restaurant wearing a Let’s Go Brandon t-shirt and red ballcap complaining loudly how much better things were in the 1950s when meals cost cents and the dark skinned people weren’t welcome…

I love some of the fast self checkout options. Our local Japanese grocery market has these amazing self checkout lines, so convenient. Probably too complicated for a MAGA though. I recommend that you steer clear of all this new fangled technology like robots and Internet and color televisions.

That said, definitely keep exploring various sequences of common emojis. That technology suits your posts.
Whew, what an unnecessarily snarky and rude comment. Did you sleep on the wrong side of the bed last night?

I'm fine. I planned and saved and invested. But I'm still paying more than I should have too, I'm still getting less for my money. And wages are being outpaced by inflation since 2020. It takes an average middle class family roughly $1,000 more a month to maintain the 2019 precovid standard. That's been revealed over and over by lots of economic experts.
Stop listening to Biden and MSNBC.
All true.

If you say so.

That just tells me where the Biden puke's interests lie: With Wall Street and not with Main Street.

As a member of Main Street, I prefer the way it was 5 years ago.
1710722372951.png
And fifty years ago bread was twenty five cents.
And 50 years ago the DOW was 850 and the price of bread is $1.83 today. So 39000 / 850 = 45.9, 1.83 / .25 = 7.32. The DOW has increased more than 6 times the price of bread over the last 50 years.

4 YEARS AGO THE DOW WAS 19,200 POINTS. 4 YEARS LATER IT IS 38,700

Enough Said
Enough said?
In February 2020 the DOW was at 29,219.
Right then the COVID 19 pandemic hit the earth. Everything changed fast.

Just because rich people are making money in the stock market it doesn't help people that are eagerly waiting for payday. Inflation has made sure lower income people are far worse off than four years ago.

Is that enough said?
Not really.

yes----but the campaign slogan is always "4 years ago'

PRE_COVID-----That is like saying Hoover's economy was great, except for the Great Depression...............next topic...
Your over dramatization is so charming!

I disagree with the "waaah under Trump we were all better" type peeps cause he was literally trying to tear down every norm and democratic institution, but it needs to be stressed that the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL IS NOT THE ECONOMY.

The stock market is not the economy, and the health of the overall economy is not always correlated with how well regular working people are doing.

Wait, wait - so now you want people to be vaccinated? I swear, I can’t keep up with yall flip-flopping.
You're getting confused - there are numerous other vaccinations beyond COVID You're kids probably had to get a few to get into school. Those are the vaccines I'm talking about.

Take it up with your Congressman. Personally, IDGAF. I’d rather have them here than a bunch of brain-dead MAGAs, anyway.
Yeah, I'm sure a few folks in Georgia would disagree with you on that.

and extremely poor leadership to boot....................

That's like saying Hoover did a great job, except when we were in a Depression...................you lose this point
Huh?

If throwing money at a problem doesn't often solve it, then what are Republicans proposing instead? Open season for vigilantes to shoot anyone who looks Mexican?

In fact, 2023's HR2 (the Republican House bill) would require ALL employers to use E-Verify. Isn't it a recipe for failure of that program, to mandate its use but not spend any more to make it work? Haven't we had enough of that "small government" mandate shit, with gun background checks?

Government achieves EVERYTHING IT DOES by spending money. Even law enforcement costs money. It's how civilization works, and how dictatorship doesn't.
Problem is that the amount spend is orders of magnitude greater than the actual benefit derived from the spending - 19% inflation

4 YEARS AGO THE DOW WAS 19,200 POINTS. 4 YEARS LATER IT IS 38,700

Enough Said
Of the 10 included, this one seems most relevant.

Poll: 60 percent of Americans don't trust Trump on coronavirus​

Only 37 percent of Americans trust what President Trump says about the novel coronavirus outbreak, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Tuesday. Sixty percent of respondents said they had little or no trust in what Trump says. Just 46 percent said they believed the federal government is doing enough to contain the flu-like virus, a drop from 61 percent in February. More Americans disapproved of Trump's handling of the crisis, by a margin of 49 percent to 44 percent. Public health officials scored highest in public trust, with 84 percent expressing confidence in them, followed by state and local leaders, at 72 percent. Two-thirds of Democrats said they trust information from the news media, while Republicans overwhelmingly said they didn't trust the media.

You're getting confused - there are numerous other vaccinations beyond COVID You're kids probably had to get a few to get into school. Those are the vaccines I'm talking about.

Ahhh. So you think you should be able to pick and choose the vaccines, then?

Well that tracks. 🙄

My mental well being and financial well being is.

I disagree with the "waaah under Trump we were all better" type peeps cause he was literally trying to tear down every norm and democratic institution, but it needs to be stressed that the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL IS NOT THE ECONOMY.

The stock market is not the economy, and the health of the overall economy is not always correlated with how well regular working people are doing.
When it comes to 4/88 and the economy, I always ask MAGAts to point out one, just one, metric of the 4/88 economy that improved the trend on the economy that he inherited from President Obama. Thus far...no takers.

Enough said?
In February 2020 the DOW was at 29,219.
Right then the COVID 19 pandemic hit the earth. Everything changed fast.

Just because rich people are making money in the stock market it doesn't help people that are eagerly waiting for payday. Inflation has made sure lower income people are far worse off than four years ago.

Is that enough said?
Not really.
no excuses

Average people, who are responsible, are very much helped by a strong stock market because they invest......

Yeah but Majorie Taylor Green doesn’t count. She’s one of the ones I’d want replaced with a migrant worker.
Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Ahhh. So you think you should be able to pick and choose the vaccines, then?

Well that tracks. 🙄
s
Nope, I don;t "think". As I said kids entering school are required to have certain inoculations as are those legally entering the country.

s
Nope, I don;t "think". As I said kids entering school are required to have certain inoculations as are those legally entering the country.

“Certain.”

Meaning you are ok with kids being inoculated with vaccines that you agree with.

Back
Top Bottom