• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yovanovitch makes it clear: Trump put his personal interests above the U.S.

My take on it is this. She fit really well with her peers at the state dept and she was a skilled diplomat, which i wll get into more later, so she was thought highly of. Her crime is that her ego wrote a check it could not cash, she overvalued herself and believed she was untouchable. She actually said her removal damaged us diplomacy around the world. That is astoundingly arrogant.

She made it clear that she felt her policy positions were superior to the presidents and her loyality was to her beliefs. That is enough to remove her but couple that with the fact that Zielinski also expressed his discomfort with her and the case for removing her becomes even more amplified.

While giving her testimony i think we saw how skilled a diplomat she is. She knew her audience and she knew how to play her role masterfully. She is a very good actress and played the victim role to perfection.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree with your summation of Yovanovitch's view of herself. It's a common view at State - they are, after all, career employees, so it's not a comp letely unfounded view. But as I've pointed out earlier, foreign policy falls under the president's purview, and the task of State is to shape his policies and implement them.

I understand Trump's frustration, he's not doing himself any favors in attacking her. For me, at least, it's fairly clear that Yovanovitch leaned toward those in Ukraine working on Hillary's behalf. That doesn't offer her views the benefit of unbiased credibility.

I can easily say that her testimony didn't address anything of significance, but since Schiff is fishing for even a carp, it probably doesn't matter.

I agree with your summation of Yovanovitch's view of herself. It's a common view at State - they are, after all, career employees, so it's not a comp letely unfounded view. But as I've pointed out earlier, foreign policy falls under the president's purview, and the task of State is to shape his policies and implement them.

I understand Trump's frustration, he's not doing himself any favors in attacking her. For me, at least, it's fairly clear that Yovanovitch leaned toward those in Ukraine working on Hillary's behalf. That doesn't offer her views the benefit of unbiased credibility.

I can easily say that her testimony didn't address anything of significance, but since Schiff is fishing for even a carp, it probably doesn't matter.

I understand Trumps frustration with being shut out of process that is an attack on him. He wants to defend his actions and it manifested itself in the form of a tweet. Imo, his tweet was impotent as a defense and it gave Schiff and the media an opprotunity to distract peoples attention from how impotent her testimony was regarding impeachment.

I understand Trumps frustration with being shut out of process that is an attack on him. He wants to defend his actions and it manifested itself in the form of a tweet. Imo, his tweet was impotent as a defense and it gave Schiff and the media an opprotunity to distract peoples attention from how impotent her testimony was regarding impeachment.

Yeah. Trump didn't do himself any favors.

Going forward your comments will be dismissed for the nonsense that they are

how intellectually dishonest of you.

Back
Top Bottom