• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yovanovitch makes it clear: Trump put his personal interests above the U.S.

Whew! Let me tell ya, nothing - and I mean nothing - puts a stop to corruption like an embassy award ceremony. I bet all those corrupt guys are quaking in their boots at that one.

would you say that is one of your better attempts at wit?

Stewart: "I would now feel compelled to ask you, Madam Ambassador, as you sit here before us, very simply and directly, do you have any information regarding the president of the United States accepting any bribes?"

Yovanovitch: "No."

Stewart: "Do you have any information regarding any criminal activity that the president of the United States has been involved with at all?"

Yovanovitch: "No."

And there you have it.

Trump is very good at making other people do his dirty work and taking the blame for his corruption. That's exactly how most despots and mafia bosses operate, too.

would you say that is one of your better attempts at wit?

Would you say that an award has any material effect on corruption?

And don't start screaming. If you do, I may see your uvula. Can't have that. There's way too much uvula exposure here.

As nearly as anyone with a brain can tell, many were prevented from asking her questions at all, so your claim has no merit.

I hope you're not holding the Stefanik clip as you're example.

I hope you're not holding the Stefanik clip as you're example.

It would be one. Or are you contending that Schiff absolutely would've let her ask a question if he just hadn't changed the rules? I'm kinda thinking he changed the rules so he didn't have to let her ask a question, because the people she represents don't deserve questions or answers to them. Schiff should probably require that republicans wear shook collars next time.

Brandolini's law being what it is.

You make broad unsubstantiated claims and I point out that you haven't bothered to watch or read for yourself, yet you have these strong opinions predicated on that lack of knowledge.

So if you are looking for "compelling" repudiation of your perception, I suggest you first present a compelling informed argument.
Feel free to disprove anything i said in the post in question, if you think you can.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Whew! Let me tell ya, nothing - and I mean nothing - puts a stop to corruption like an embassy award ceremony. I bet all those corrupt guys are quaking in their boots at that one.
Its all the shrimp cocktails that do it. You cant be corrupt when your holding on them things in your hand or they will bite you

You think that was the heneral public in attendance, lmao

then tell us who was seated in the pubic gallery if not the public

then tell us who was seated in the pubic gallery if not the public
I have actually been trying to find an answer to that question but have not head much sucess so far. I suspect however that the chamber was mostly filled with media figures covering the event.

clearly
glad you acknowledged it
Yes her intelectual prowers are too much for me.

Btw i have noticed you have yet to respond to my post that you requested from me. Why is that?

You think that was the heneral public in attendance, lmao

I take it you've not watched the video showing the various people? Maybe you can enlighten us to who they were then.

It would be one. Or are you contending that Schiff absolutely would've let her ask a question if he just hadn't changed the rules? I'm kinda thinking he changed the rules so he didn't have to let her ask a question, because the people she represents don't deserve questions or answers to them. Schiff should probably require that republicans wear shook collars next time.

No, I'm contending she got her 5 minutes under the rules like everyone else.

The chairman doesn't have to let her editorialize along with her request to have something added to the record. He made the addition to the record, unopposed, Stefanik's business is done until her turn, or her next interruption.

Nobody at all should be shocked by this. The man has spent his entire life putting his own interests ahead of everything else.

Ahead of the employees at his businesses.
Ahead of the contractors he bilked.
Ahead of the women he preyed on.
Ahead of the wives he cheated on and the family he shamed.

The real question is, why did conservative America thing that one of the most selfish, egotistical individuals in the country was suddenly going to morph into something greater?

I hate to say it, but before Don and his 90% Repub approval rating, I never would have thought Repubs would go down this road. I believe conservatives, like most everyone else, knew exactly what kind of hateful little man he is, someone who's not likely to grow into the job.

I think due to the conservative, 'dog eat dog', view of life in America, Trump supporters like Trump himself, feel no guilt putting their lives ahead of everything else...

Its all the shrimp cocktails that do it. You cant be corrupt when your holding on them things in your hand or they will bite you

Yep. I know that I, for one, just really don't feel like stealing small arms from the government and selling them back to the government anymore. The award that guy got - and the shrimp, the shrimp - just did me in. Now, I want an award too. In the future I'm sticking to extortion, racketeering, and loan sharking, just like the democrats. No more ilicit arms funny business for me.

This is rather amusing. Trump asks Zelensky to look into corruption but, at the same time, is supposed to have allowed those who wanted to "stymie our efforts" against corruption, to do so. The Dems need to get their convoluted story straight. Again, the whispering campaign, to the extent one existed, and the subsequent firing of Yavanovitch, have NOTHING to do with impeachment. It's a sideshow ginned up by Dems who know they are failing on all fronts. Yavanovitch provided NO substantive information related to anything concerning quid pro quos, bribery or any of the other nonsense Schiff has claimed. She in fact, specifically answered no when asked if she had any knowledge of them.

Right; except!

I would like you to do me a favor, though.

I mean, I wouldn't say no politicians.

Holding up promised aid in order to score political points seems to be a growing trend among conservative superstars.

Don't forget Biden and Obama.

Feel free to disprove anything i said in the post in question, if you think you can.

That's the problem it ain't "free". According to Brandolini's law it takes roughly 10 x the energy and effort to repudiate such bovine excrement.

That's the problem it ain't "free". According to Brandolini's law it takes roughly 10 x the energy and effort to repudiate such bovine excrement.

No matter how many facts you cite, no matter how many transcripts you quote, you will never repudiate it to their satisfaction. Trump was pretty clear about the whole situation:

Donald Trump: 'I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters' | US news | The Guardian

He understands them.

Donald Trump declares 'I love the poorly educated'

Going forward your comments will be dismissed for the nonsense that they are

Going forward your comments will be dismissed for the nonsense that they are

If we were to have a serious converation regarding this whole affair, the tenor here would be somewhat different.

First, it's clear that the democrats intend to so damage Trump that his re-election would be unthinkable. Impeachment hasn't been the goal, but it looks like the democrats will impeach. It does matter, but it's just as likely to backfire, as not.

Second, Schiff's hearings and the lack of due process are troubling, and should be to all objective citizens. Naturally, due process was never a consideration in Schiff's estimation, but rather how to avoid any real tip of the hat to such things through a hearings theater.

Third, Yovanovitch was a credible witness. Hardship postings are, well, hard. I've done them. That doesn't alter the result of Jordan's questions, which clearly demonstrate a partisan element to Yovanovitch's actions, or lack of action, in Ukraine vis a vis the 2016 elections. That, in and of itself, us why I question Yovanovitch's claims of an anti-corruption effort. It's a nice talk, and as talks go, she could do worse. But there's little concrete action or result to back that up.

Finally, Yovanovitch was only credible within that which she addressed - not to the points Schiff claimed he intended to demonstrate. Naturally, Schiff is fishing. He has nothing concrete. That was amply demonstated when Yovanovitch could not testify to any illegal acts by Trump. For those of ypu wondering if you'll survive Trump, you should probably also be asking yourself if you'll survive Schiff.

Last edited:
If we were to have a serious converation regarding this whole affair, the tenor here would be somewhat different.

First, it's clear that the democrats intend to so damage Trump that his re-election would be unthinkable. Impeachment hasn't been the goal, but it looks like the democrats will impeach. It does matter, but it's just as likely to backfire, as not.

Second, Schiff's hearings and the lack of due process are troubling, and should be to all objective citizens. Naturally, due process was never a consideration in Schiff's estimation, but rather how to avoid any real tip of the hat to such things through a hearings theater.

Third, Yovanovitch was a credible witness. Hardship postings are, well, hard. I've done them. That doesn't alter the result of Jordan's questions, which clearly demonstrate a partisan element to Yovanovitch's actions, or lack of action, in Ukraine vis a vis the 2016 elections. That, in and of itself, us why I question Yovanovitch's claims of an anti-corruption effort. It's a nice talk, and as talks go, she could do worse. But there's little concrete action or result to back that up.

Finally, Yovanovitch was only credible within that which she addressed - not to the points Schiff claimed he intended to demonstrate. Naturally, Schiff is fishing. He has nothing concrete. That was amply demonstated when Yovanovitch could not testify to any illegal acts by Trump. For those of ypu wondering if you'll survive Trump, you should probably also be asking yourself if you'll survive Schiff.
My take on it is this. She fit really well with her peers at the state dept and she was a skilled diplomat, which i wll get into more later, so she was thought highly of. Her crime is that her ego wrote a check it could not cash, she overvalued herself and believed she was untouchable. She actually said her removal damaged us diplomacy around the world. That is astoundingly arrogant.

She made it clear that she felt her policy positions were superior to the presidents and her loyality was to her beliefs. That is enough to remove her but couple that with the fact that Zielinski also expressed his discomfort with her and the case for removing her becomes even more amplified.

While giving her testimony i think we saw how skilled a diplomat she is. She knew her audience and she knew how to play her role masterfully. She is a very good actress and played the victim role to perfection.

Back
Top Bottom