• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yale Study: There are probably twice as many illegal immigrants living in America as commonly believ

Never stated it WAS not a problem that has to be addressed.

You sure put your words out front here when it come to the USA and it's immigration problem.

Get back to us when Canada sucks in 20 million refugees and illegals, and then come back and tell us all about how wonderful it is for you and everyone else.

Interesting. Do you think this is good or bad?

I think it is good, because the studies I've seen show that immigrants are less violent than native born Americans, so this will help make the USA a safer place to live.

===================================
As an aside. So this is a study in a peer reviewed journal, and you call it the truth. For future reference, here is a link to two peer reviewed journal studies, each as prestigious, or more so, than Yale. Can we agree that it also is the truth?

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

It doesn't work that way. 1 crime committed by an illegal alien is 1 more crime that happened to a USA citizen. Its cumulative, meaning their would be less crime if we didn't have those illegal aliens.

22 million people keeping their heads down, paying taxes, doing thankless jobs, employing other people, buying food and clothes and cars and houses, raising little Social Security contributors, et cetera.

They don't pay the same rate of taxes as the US citizen.

You sure put your words out front here when it come to the USA and it's immigration problem.

Get back to us when Canada sucks in 20 million refugees and illegals, and then come back and tell us all about how wonderful it is for you and everyone else.

Best check my record on illegal immigration. More hardliner than you think. So cool down.

They are...and arbitrary ones at that.

Just because national borders are "arbitrary", "made up by men" etc etc, it does not mean they are bad or not needed. Your house is also marked by arbitrary lines that are made up by men. But that doesn't mean people can just start moving into your house without your permission.

Canada only has 1/10th of our population.

So the fair comparison would be how they accommodate 2 million people.

It doesn't work that way. 1 crime committed by an illegal alien is 1 more crime that happened to a USA citizen. Its cumulative, meaning their would be less crime if we didn't have those illegal aliens.

The claim that illegals commit less crimes appears to be in dispute.

The Most Concrete Facts
Data on illegal immigration and crime is often clouded, precisely because these are unlawful activities where perpetrators seek to hide their actions. Also, governments sometimes fail to record or release information that could be or has been obtained. The Obama administration, in particular, refused to release the names of convicted immigrant sex offenders and hid other details about crimes committed by immigrants.
Nonetheless, a combination of three material facts sheds enough light on this issue to draw some firm conclusions.
First, U.S. Census data from 2011 to 2015 shows that noncitizens are 7% more likely than the U.S. population to be incarcerated in adult correctional facilities. This alone debunks the common media narrative, but it only scratches the surface of serious criminality by illegal immigrants.
Second, Department of Justice data reveals that in the decade ending in 2015, the U.S. deported at least 1.5 million noncitizens who were convicted of committing crimes in the U.S. (Table 41). This amounts to 10 times the number of noncitizens in U.S. adult correctional facilities during 2015.
Third, Department of Justice data shows that convicts released from prison have an average of 3.9 prior convictions, not including convictions that led to their imprisonment (Table 5). This means that people in prison are often repeat offenders—but as shown by the previous fact, masses of convicted criminals have been deported, making it hard for them to reoffend and end up in a U.S. prison.
In other words, even after deporting 10 times more noncitizens convicted of crimes than are in U.S. prisons and jails, they are still 7% more likely to be incarcerated than the general public. This indicates a level of criminality that is multiplicatively higher than the U.S. population.
Furthermore, roughly half of noncitizens are in the U.S. legally, and legal immigrants rarely commit crimes. This is because U.S. immigration laws are designed to keep criminals out. Thus, the vast majority of incarcerated noncitizens are doubtlessly illegal immigrants. If legal immigrants were removed from the equation, the incarceration rate of illegal immigrants would probably be about twice as high as for all noncitizens.
murder_correlation.png

https://www.justfactsdaily.com/ille...kely-to-commit-serious-crimes-than-us-public/

Might not the falling crimes rates be related to the legal US citizens are actually committing fewer crimes?

They are, after all, the larger part of the population in the US, and would have a greater impact on the crime statistics.

They don't pay the same rate of taxes as the US citizen.

When payroll tax is taken out of their checks, they can't get refunds. They pay in social security tax and can't collect social security.

Canada only has 1/10th of our population.

So the fair comparison would be how they accommodate 2 million people.

It doesn't matter if it's 2 million or 20 million. You are splitting hair. You are also dodging his point, which is that having a lot of illegals in a country will lower the quality of life for the rightful citizens.

22 millions of those illegals are right here in Kalifornia, I believe 2 million of them voted for Globalist Granny. :)

Yet no matter how many times you make that claim you cannot actually provide the data to support it.

When payroll tax is taken out of their checks, they can't get refunds. They pay in social security tax and can't collect social security.

If you are not legally allowed to work in the united states and don't have a social security number then you are not pay income taxes or payroll taxes.

It doesn't matter if it's 2 million or 20 million. You are splitting hair. You are also dodging his point, which is that having a lot of illegals in a country will lower the quality of life for the rightful citizens.

Uprooting 10% of our population would would lower America's quality of life.

Would destroy economies. Would escalate crime. Would be a threat to national security. Would put added stress on our Social Security coffers.

Just because national borders are "arbitrary", "made up by men" etc etc, it does not mean they are bad or not needed. Your house is also marked by arbitrary lines that are made up by men. But that doesn't mean people can just start moving into your house without your permission.

At no time did I raise either issue, in fact never entered that universe, so I assume you are posting just to be contrary.

On the one hand, all you Americans whine about your wedge issues, but when the rubber meets the road you chicken out every time. This has kept the country divided, benefiting only your politicians while posts like yours raise idiot nonsequitors, my point that you so horribly missed is that you are hypocrites; protesting "illegal immigration" when that is your only competitive edge in world trade.

You live off it, prosper off it, create new law enforcement agencies to deal with it, and not ONE milimetre of movement in over seven decades. That's a record.

Trump has been Prez for 2 years and the numbers increased, so does he deserve any responsibility or I'd his minions going to pass the buck? No reply needed, the answer is obvious.

At no time did I raise either issue, in fact never entered that universe, so I assume you are posting just to be contrary.

Then you assumed wrong. I am posting to dispel nonsense, which is what your posts in this thread amount to. That other guy, what's his name, What-if, I believe? He posted a lot of nonsense in this thread, too.

Uprooting 10% of our population would would lower America's quality of life.

Would destroy economies. Would escalate crime. Would be a threat to national security. Would put added stress on our Social Security coffers.

You need to prove all of your assertions.

Then you assumed wrong. I am posting to dispel nonsense, which is what your posts in this thread amount to. That other guy, what's his name, What-if, I believe? He posted a lot of nonsense in this thread, too.

Of course you resort to personal insults.

American conservatives are cloned, weak, ineffectual and not smart enough to debate the issues...they will inevitably resort to childish name calling....just like your moron president.

Of course you resort to personal insults.

American conservatives are cloned, weak, ineffectual and not smart enough to debate the issues...they will inevitably resort to childish name calling....just like your moron president.

I didn't make any insults against you as a person. I said your posts were nonsense. People on this board are allowed to have an opinion on other people's posts.

Also, I am from the same area as you. Lol. So much for your little rant.

What's broken about it? Fix it how?
It's designed to ignore the reality of economic migration between two friendly nations who conduct $550B a year in trade. It simultaneously falls short of ensuring that Mexican labor can legally meet domestic demand while not holding employers accountable for running afoul of our ridiculous laws. We simply cruelly punish hardworking people seeking a better life for their families. And people like you, taking a cue from the president, highlight every single crime or incident involving immigrants as though they are the rule instead of the exception.

It's designed to ignore the reality of economic migration between two friendly nations who conduct $550B a year in trade. It simultaneously falls short of ensuring that Mexican labor can legally meet domestic demand while not holding employers accountable for running afoul of our ridiculous laws. We simply cruelly punish hardworking people seeking a better life for their families. And people like you, taking a cue from the president, highlight every single crime or incident involving immigrants as though they are the rule instead of the exception.

So, basically, you want open borders?

Like you do?

:lol:

I have not made any assertions as far as I am aware of. And if you can point to one, then I will do my best to prove it.

But you still have yet to prove your assertions. So I will ask you, when are you going to do that?

So, basically, you want open borders?
No, I don't. But I want the honest people who want to fill unmet labor demands in this country to be able to do so legally. You know nuance, both in thinking and policy, isn't as complicated as the "common sense" crowd likes to believe.

Back
Top Bottom