• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yale Study: There are probably twice as many illegal immigrants living in America as commonly believ

The truth on this subject finally comes out. 22.6 million is damn close to "30 million".

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09...-immigrants-living-america-commonly-believed/

Interesting. Do you think this is good or bad?

I think it is good, because the studies I've seen show that immigrants are less violent than native born Americans, so this will help make the USA a safer place to live.

===================================
As an aside. So this is a study in a peer reviewed journal, and you call it the truth. For future reference, here is a link to two peer reviewed journal studies, each as prestigious, or more so, than Yale. Can we agree that it also is the truth?

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

Last edited:
Interesting. Do you think this is good or bad?

I think it is good, because the studies I've seen show that immigrants are less violent than native born Americans, so this will help make the USA a safer place to live.

===================================
As an aside. So this is a study in a peer reviewed journal, and you call it the truth. For future reference, here is a link to two peer reviewed journal studies, each as prestigious, or more so, than Yale. Can we agree that it also is the truth?

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

True, their crime rate that they rant on about is now cut in half.

22 million people keeping their heads down, paying taxes, doing thankless jobs, employing other people, buying food and clothes and cars and houses, raising little Social Security contributors, et cetera.

Last edited:
22 million people keeping their heads down, paying taxes, doing thankless jobs, employing other people, buy food and clothes and cars and houses, raising little Social Security contributors, et cetera.

Why can't they do all those things in their home country?

I am talking about the ones who came illegally.

Raise little Social Security contributors in their home countries?

Sure, many could do many of those other things in their home countries.

But it would be devastating to our economy to rip those 22 million people out of our communities. Not to mention what it would do to all their little American citizen children. Putting all those kids onto welfare because you sent one or more of their parents out of the country. Taking away their parents. Making them ripe for recruitment into gangs.

Let's just rip 10% of our population up from the roots and send them to another country. That won't hurt us.

Worst kept secret ever.

True, their crime rate that they rant on about is now cut in half.

Heard on CBC awhile ago that the biggest sector of illegals is white collar, most of them are 'overstays'. According to the interview people arrive as visitors and simply settle in, get a job etc.

The interviewee stated that according to their study, the land crossings at Mexico are a small part of the problem. So trump will build a wall, claim his thrown and nothing will change.

That's making America GREAT!

Sure, many could do many of those other things in their home countries.

So why don't they? Why did they come to the States? And not only that, they broke the law in the process. The people you are so sympathetic to are literal criminals.

22 million people keeping their heads down, paying taxes, doing thankless jobs, employing other people, buying food and clothes and cars and houses, raising little Social Security contributors, et cetera.

...and ignoring US immigration law. And we are educating, feeding, and housing their families as they may be common law (or local) married but single parent here in the USA with dad supplementing the welfare check.

It also distorts economics in that you get accustomed to paying below market labor.

There are plenty of indirect costs.

Last edited:

Put simply?

Gross income inequality.

A tiny fraction owns everything and keeps all the proceeds.

So why don't they? Why did they come to the States? And not only that, they broke the law in the process. The people you are so sympathetic to are literal criminals.

Imaginary lines.

The word is "decimate".

You guys want us to decimate our population. Our communities. Our economy.

You don't see or don't care about how much harm will come to Americans with such a plan. It would be a severe blow to national security as well as the economy. Businesses would close. Crime would escalate.

Put simply?

Gross income inequality.

A tiny fraction owns everything and keeps all the proceeds.

So this absolves them of their breaking of US immigration laws?

What you need to be asking is who are they. The common conception is that their all Hispanic who 'crossed' to get some low paying job. That is not the case, it appears from studies that most illegals are overstays, they came to visit and stayed. A former employee of mine has his own computer consulting firm....he has no visa, no "papers"

As long as I have been aware of the content of conversations around me I have been hearing about this "tragic emergency' at the borders, that's 7 decades of living, six hearing about this. Any moron can figure out that "great" does not apply to a country that allows such a condition to fester for over half a century - only for the sake of keeping a "wedge issue".

If Americans wanted the problem fixed it would have been long before this. Capable to the point of annoying boasts of glory you can single handedly conquer Japan AND German, fly to the moon, and invent the most power killing machines the world has ever known, but you can't fix what is, in essence a mere clerical problem.

Don't worry, nothing Trump will do will change anything, it will merely make the lies sound more true.

Please DO build that wall....along the north too. You don't want those cheating Canadians stealing your jobs would you?

Are you trying to say that national borders are merely lines? Correct me if wrong.

Made up by man, yes.

Old game.

Been playing out for 12,000 years now.

Maladaptation to the adoption of the sedentary lifestyle.

So this absolves them of their breaking of US immigration laws?

Its all about power. Always is.

Nobody invited the europeans here.

They came anyway.

Made up by man, yes.

Old game.

Been playing out for 12,000 years now.

Maladaptation to the adoption of the sedentary lifestyle.

The concept of property rights is also made up by men. But according to you, this is bad. So I can take all your belongings from you?

What about the house you live in? It is also marked by "imaginary lines". Does this mean I can start living in your bedroom?

What you need to be asking is who are they. The common conception is that their all Hispanic who 'crossed' to get some low paying job. That is not the case, it appears from studies that most illegals are overstays, they came to visit and stayed. A former employee of mine has his own computer consulting firm....he has no visa, no "papers"

As long as I have been aware of the content of conversations around me I have been hearing about this "tragic emergency' at the borders, that's 7 decades of living, six hearing about this. Any moron can figure out that "great" does not apply to a country that allows such a condition to fester for over half a century - only for the sake of keeping a "wedge issue".

If Americans wanted the problem fixed it would have been long before this. Capable to the point of annoying boasts of glory you can single handedly conquer Japan AND German, fly to the moon, and invent the most power killing machines the world has ever known, but you can't fix what is, in essence a mere clerical problem.

Don't worry, nothing Trump will do will change anything, it will merely make the lies sound more true.

Please DO build that wall....along the north too. You don't want those cheating Canadians stealing your jobs would you?

None of them want to address orrin hatch trying to remove the sanctions against employers imposed by Reagan.

South of the border "invaders" are great to point to so we won't see the donor class making off with the silverware.

Its all about power. Always is.

You didn't answer my question. Does that absolve them of their crime?

Nobody invited the europeans here.

They came anyway.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because Europeans invaded this land, it does not mean it is now OK for illegals to invade the States.

Are you trying to say that national borders are merely lines? Correct me if wrong.

They are...and arbitrary ones at that. Does the bird carrying an eaten seed in its gullet stop at customs to declare an invasive species? No.

In two places, sections of the United States are NOT connected to the mainland. Lake of the Woods and Point Roberts, both of which are bad jokes and make mockery of your immigration and customs laws. In Point Roberts about 100 homes in Canada border right up against US territory - the division line non existent. If they want to see a neighbor they wall out the back of the yard crossing an international boundary illegally under US law, walk 100 meters and return to Canada through anbother's unfenced back yard.

In Lake of the Woods, people walk in and out of Canada and the United States all day long, they report to no one and declare nothing.

After 911 Americans went ballistic with "security precautions" I celebrated passage of the Patriot Act by walking into Point Roberts with a six pack of Canadian Beer, a box of Cuban cigars and an ounce of BC bud. The only people who noticed or knew were those treated to my gifts.

So put away the bull****. The problem has been around longer than my 70 years, if they wanted it fixed it would be by now.

Oh...for fun and a sense of our history here on the West Coast, Wiki "Canada-US Pig War"

Back
Top Bottom