• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman on Woman Body Shaming

of course it isn't a myth but it does not justify hauling off and smacking someone

it is being used as an excuse to do so...a reason ... let's put women back in their place, let's create a little fear...get them back down "where they ussta be massa"

Why do many men not go around hitting other men or randomly verbally assaulting them? Because they know they will get hit for it, that's why. My view isn't putting women in their place, but treating them equally to men that do the same exact behavior.

Ummm...men get harsher sentences for assault and every other crime on the books. If any man thinks he will get nothing for hitting a woman than he should probably check the laws. Heck, if a man hits a woman then his sentence will be even harsher than if he hits a man.

And some women don't? What you might have missed is that women's anger issues are becoming more and more of a problem for society, and that women's power issues are causing serious problems in relationships between men and women.
not for men that I know

what you are missing and failing to comprehend is that we aren't going back Henrin...you need to raise your standards and learn to cope with a female who has all of the rights that you have, isn't barefoot and pregnant hidden in the home...is out and about and in your face

you can whine about the inequity in every single thread here in DP

we aren't going back

:shrug:

try to find some peace with that

:peace

well that's disingenuous given what follows

what about his other point?

well his other point should be looked at and debated as another point shouldn't it?

not lumped together with hitting some woman because she yelled in his face...

of course it isn't a myth but it does not justify hauling off and smacking someone

it is being used as an excuse to do so...a reason ... let's put women back in their place, let's create a little fear...get them back down "where they ussta be massa"

you don't like it then you need to go through the proper channels to change the law just like women did to get the vote...misogyny isn't the correct path for change

seriously, from your usual posts on here...that is so far below you it doesn't warrant a response

maybe think on that a bit

Look, I was raised in the south. I don't hit girls. (Well, within reason....if a girl is beating the crap out of me, hurting me, she'd better be prepared to get hurt back)

But, do you see that as me treating you equally? I think Randa Rousy would disagree. Because I have no compulsions about hitting a guy. Why?

not for men that I know

what you are missing and failing to comprehend is that we aren't going back Henrin...you need to raise your standards and learn to cope with a female who has all of the rights that you have, isn't barefoot and pregnant hidden in the home...is out and about and in your face

you can whine about the inequity in every single thread here in DP

we aren't going back

try to find some peace with that

:peace

Why in the **** would I want a woman that is constantly pregnant and why would I want people walking around with shoes in my house?

Oh and yes, women were enabled by feminists to be overly demanding in relationships and that demand for control is in fact causing problems in relationships.

Last edited:
Why do many men not go around hitting other men or randomly verbally assaulting them? Because they know they will get hit for it, that's why. My view isn't putting women in their place, but treating them equally to men that do the same exact behavior.

Henrin a man has 8 times the upper body strength of a woman equal in size

you seem to have some warped notion that women just haul off and smash men

in a balanced relationship, that doesn't happen

in the twisted, sordid scenarios you keep dredging up and displaying as everyday happenings ...well I can't speak to that level of dysfunction except to explain to you that it is indeed dysfunctional and not the norm

Henrin a man has 8 times the upper body strength of a woman equal in size

you seem to have some warped notion that women just haul off and smash men

in a balanced relationship, that doesn't happen

in the twisted, sordid scenarios you keep dredging up and displaying as everyday happenings ...well I can't speak to that level of dysfunction except to explain to you that it is indeed dysfunctional and not the norm

I'm not saying he should hurt her badly or something like that, but only that he should respond in such a way to discourage the woman from doing it again to other men. There has to be some level of discouragement for the behavior and not just a seemingly free pass for the behavior.

And why is it that every time I try to treat women as equal I'm told that is unacceptable and sexist? You can't be equal and also be babied by men. Pick one. Do you want to be treated special or do you want to be my equal?

Last edited:
Seriously CNN? This is considered news? An old woman was rude to a younger woman. That's literally the entire story.

...Do you think it's a coincidence that this older woman grew up in an intensely objectifying culture, and then espouses objectifying things onto other women?

Being a woman doesn't free a person from the psychological affects of sexism. It magnifies them, if anything. After all, women are the targets of said sexism, and there is no better way to continue oppressing people than to get your targets to do your dirty work for you.

That isn't to say this woman should get away with body-shaming someone even remotely. If that had been said to me, I wouldn't bother justifying myself. I'd just straight up tell her to get ****ed and learn some manners and to stop trying to hide her own insecurity by bashing other women. But anyway...

If the hinted conclusion I'm supposed to reach is that the problem is that women are catty bitches, and not that larger society is sexist, well, guess what I'm gonna ask you...

Do you think you would feel that way about women if you yourself hadn't been raised to believe women are catty bitches all your life?

I wondered how long it would take before someone found a way to blame men for this. Guess the answer is "not too long". Can't say I'm surprised at who it's coming from either.

Look, I was raised in the south. I don't hit girls. (Well, within reason....if a girl is beating the crap out of me, hurting me, she'd better be prepared to get hurt back)

But, do you see that as me treating you equally? I think Randa Rousy would disagree. Because I have no compulsions about hitting a guy. Why?

it doesn't matter where you were raised...hands on is a NO, except to defend one's self and then it should not be a haul off and decimate someone just to show them who is boss or because someone yelled in your face

well, not if some one has any self worth at least

because that is what is surfacing in this thread "issues" regarding equality and self worth and sex shaming

as for your comment on "do I see it as treating me equally?" please be specific with that question...what are you asking, please quote me so I know what you are referencing and requesting a response for

Rousy already said men and women are different though. Of course, she also said she could beat up any man, so...

Which is kind of funny since she ran away from the transgender fighter because she said "he is a man".

Also, Rousy is ironically not a feminist. In fact, she blasts them from time to time.

Last edited:
Why in the **** would I want a woman that is constantly pregnant and why would I want people walking around with shoes in my house?

Oh and yes, women were enabled by feminists to be overly demanding in relationships and that demand for control is in fact causing problems in relationships.

yes Henrin you lost yet another encounter with me on women's rights

thus give a non-response...it's okay to leave speech

:thumbs:

it doesn't matter where you were raised...hands on is a NO, except to defend one's self and then it should not be a haul off and decimate someone just to show them who is boss or because someone yelled in your face

Again, what stops men from going around and screaming in other guys faces? One of the things that keeps peace between people is the fear of consequences.

yes Henrin you lost yet another encounter with me on women's rights

thus give a non-response...it's okay to leave speech

:thumbs:

How did I lose? :lamo

I'm not saying he should hurt her badly or something like that, but only that he should respond in such a way to discourage the woman from doing it again to other men. There has to be some level of discouragement for the behavior and not just a seemingly free pass for the behavior.
because that is not an appropriate way to modify behaviour.

And why is it that every time I try to treat women as equal I'm told that is unacceptable and sexist? You can't be equal and also be babied by men. Pick one. Do you want to be treated special or do you want to be my equal?
well if it happens every time and you do not like that response perhaps you need to examine your role in the interaction

if one gets the same negative response from a variety of interactions with various people then it is not the other people that needs assistance

Again, what stops men from going around and screaming in other guys faces? One of the things that keeps peace between people is the fear of consequences.

my answer to this one is quite simple....you need to stop interacting with dysfunctional people whom you feel require correction via your manly strength

my answer to this one is quite simple....you need to stop interacting with dysfunctional people whom you feel require correction via your manly strength

It's pretty obvious you failed to understand my argument at this point. There was no choice made to interact by the man in the example I used.

well, not if some one has any self worth at least

because that is what is surfacing in this thread "issues" regarding equality and self worth and sex shaming

as for your comment on "do I see it as treating me equally?" please be specific with that question...what are you asking, please quote me so I know what you are referencing and requesting a response for

Well, look at it like this....as a kid, I got bullied. I learned at a young age that the surest solution is to fight back in kind. Bullie calls you name, return in kind. Bullie pushes you, push him back. A bullie hits you, hit him back.

Unless that bullie was a girl. A girl can call me names, and I can fire back, and return in kind, up to physicality. We both taunt each other, up to the point the girl gets upset and slaps me, and then that's it. I have no recourse. This has happened to me, not all bullies are boys (just most of them).

So, isn't that an example of a boy not treating a girl equally?

Now, we can say that the boy should tell on the girl, that the girl should get into trouble for hitting. The problem is, as kids, it's been my exp that that is the worst thing you can do, it just makes them come after you more later.

And as adults, we what, call the cops because a girl slapped us?

I had a room mate who dated a girl who found out he was cheating on her, so came over, knocked on his door, and the moment he opened it, she slapped him on the face, hard. I heard the sound it made from my room, with my door shut. Now, we see scenes like that in movies all the time, too, don't we? Some dude is a jackass, a jerk, scumbag, and the strong fierce lady slaps him for it.

Reverse the roles, and tell me if you think we're being treated equal.

Well, look at it like this....as a kid, I got bullied. I learned at a young age that the surest solution is to fight back in kind. Bullie calls you name, return in kind. Bullie pushes you, push him back. A bullie hits you, hit him back.

Unless that bullie was a girl. A girl can call me names, and I can fire back, and return in kind, up to physicality. We both taunt each other, up to the point the girl gets upset and slaps me, and then that's it. I have no recourse. This has happened to me, not all bullies are boys (just most of them).

So, isn't that an example of a boy not treating a girl equally?

Now, we can say that the boy should tell on the girl, that the girl should get into trouble for hitting. The problem is, as kids, it's been my exp that that is the worst thing you can do, it just makes them come after you more later.

And as adults, we what, call the cops because a girl slapped us?

I had a room mate who dated a girl who found out he was cheating on her, so came over, knocked on his door, and the moment he opened it, she slapped him on the face, hard. I heard the sound it made from my room, with my door shut. Now, we see scenes like that in movies all the time, too, don't we? Some dude is a jackass, a jerk, scumbag, and the strong fierce lady slaps him for it.

Reverse the roles, and tell me if you think we're being treated equal.

let me explain this once again....taking examples of the interaction between dysfunctional individuals and using them as blanket examples to display disparity within society does not work

poor behaviour does not justify poor behaviour Kevin...

let me explain this once again....taking examples of the interaction between dysfunctional individuals and using them as blanket examples to display disparity within society does not work

So, when that girl physically assaulted my room mate, he should have, what, called the cops? He did. They took his statement, and then reprimanded him about making joke calls to the police. This was....about 8 years ago, in FL.

And it's still seen as socially acceptable. Hell, I laughed at him, because I felt (and still do) he deserved it. Don't wanna get slapped, don't be a scum bag, I told him. I can, off the top of my head, recount scenes from at least 5 movies, and countless shows, where a girl slaps a guy, and it's seen as perfectly fine, deserved.

So I ask again, flip those roles, and tell me, are we equal?

What are you even talking about? We are talking about women that are dysfunctional and men that are unable to treat them as equal due to social and legal standards. Why should a man be unable to do anything when he gets slapped in the face by a woman, but able to do something if he gets slapped in the face by a man?

Last edited:
So, when that girl physically assaulted my room mate, he should have, what, called the cops? He did. They took his statement, and then reprimanded him about making joke calls to the police. This was....about 8 years ago, in FL.

Yup, it's socially acceptable for women to slap men, so police many times won't do anything about it.

And it's still seen as socially acceptable. Hell, I laughed at him, because I felt (and still do) he deserved it. Don't wanna get slapped, don't be a scum bag, I told him. I can, off the top of my head, recount scenes from at least 5 movies, and countless shows, where a girl slaps a guy, and it's seen as perfectly fine, deserved.

So I ask again, flip those roles, and tell me, are we equal?
what should he have done? he should have broken off one relationship before beginning another, that's what he should have done

barring that, he should have been a man and told her what he had done...

see how dysfunction works...one wrong begets another...

you are attempting to walk both sides of the fence

was she wrong or was she right to slap him...YOU are the one who can't decide while at the same time complaining about social inequity you say she was right to slap him, you laugh at him and mock him

as far as I am concerned you can't ask for social equity while you support inequity

maybe your attitude is exactly why this continues

what should he have done? he should have broken off one relationship before beginning another, that's what he should have done

barring that, he should have been a man and told her what he had done...

see how dysfunction works...one wrong begets another...

you are attempting to walk both sides of the fence

was she wrong or was she right to slap him...YOU are the one who can't decide while at the same time complaining about social inequity you say she was right to slap him, you laugh at him and mock him

as far as I am concerned you can't ask for social equity while you support inequity

maybe your attitude is exactly why this continues

He was a scumbag, he got slapped for it.

Now, flip the role. She is a scum bag, she gets slapped for it?

What I'm saying, and what He run is saying, is that it's wrong for anyone to hit anyone, regardless of sex, but it being wrong isn't what prevents it from happening, sometimes. What prevents it from happening, sometimes, is fear of reprisal.

If it was socially acceptable to hit a girl, and had been for all her life, do you think she would have thought a little longer and harder before hitting him?

I mean, that's why the bullies left ME alone. Because they knew that to mess with me meant getting into a fight, hands down. They didn't want to get into a fight, so they left alone, and moved on to the next victim.

It's wrong for a boy to hit a girl, but the problem is, society doesn't see it as equally wrong for a girl to hit a boy. It's somehow less wrong, as long as he deserved it. THATS the problem, and no matter how much anyone on this thread squirms, there is simply no denying this FACT.

I'll add, that while I'm AM going back and forth on this, for me, it's not really a major concern. I just don't care about this one facet of women's lib that much.

Because most girls don't hit hard.:2razz:

Back
Top Bottom