• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

will the democrats crash and burn in 2018?

will democrats crash and burn in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um...no. As much as you might like to think so, Democrat voters aren't having their environmental and financial protections removed while Republican voters are keeping theirs. And the 24 million people who will lose their insurance as well as the millions of people who will lose medicaid are Republicans as well as Democrats. Republican policies have been a broadside attack against the entirety of the American people, and if Democrats can stay on point and remind the public of that, and that it's their policies that will return those things to them, then Republicans will experience a complete rout in 2018.

As a biased liberal you don't seem to understand that the public doesn't like Republican policies so they voted in Obama and they don't like Democrat's policies so they voted in Trump. The American public doesn't like Democrats or Republicans so every so often they vote the party in power out and the other party in, just to repeat the same process over and over again. The only reason this keeps on flip flopping back and forth is because there is no party that represents the "American public". They are always forced to choose between the lesser of two evils and they are never happy with their choice, whichever side wins so, after a few years they give the other side another shot.

To add on to your point, Im sure there is lots of things going on behind the scenes to oppose Trump I am not aware of. Either way, I will keep protesting peacefully, and writing my Senator, who happens to be Warren, she has a few of my letters.

Calling their offices directly and attending town meetings are absolutely crucial. There's also Swing Left which is currently getting its sea legs but seems to be moving ahead capably.

As a biased liberal you don't seem to understand that the public doesn't like Republican policies so they voted in Obama and they don't like Democrat's policies so they voted in Trump. The American public doesn't like Democrats or Republicans so every so often they vote the party in power out and the other party in, just to repeat the same process over and over again. The only reason this keeps on flip flopping back and forth is because there is no party that represents the "American public".

You're focused on nonsense. You're paying attention exclusively to the emotional and political climate and giving absolutely zero attention to what, policy-wise, has been happening for the last two months.

To add on to your point, Im sure there is lots of things going on behind the scenes to oppose Trump I am not aware of. Either way, I will keep protesting peacefully, and writing my Senator, who happens to be Warren, she has a few of my letters.

I will just say that your job is easier for having Warren as your senator. That's one person you don't need to beat up on too much to stay focused on the rights things. Your energy might be better placed focusing on your districts.

You're focused on nonsense. You're paying attention exclusively to the emotional and political climate and giving absolutely zero attention to what, policy-wise, has been happening for the last two months.

What has happened?

What has happened?

I told you already. All Americans (regardless of their political lean) are losing their financial, environmental and healthcare protections, and of course they'll be losing their internet freedoms as well. But you choose to focus on nonsense instead so you're ignorant of everything substantive.

I told you already. All Americans (regardless of their political lean) are losing their financial, environmental and healthcare protections, and of course they'll be losing their internet freedoms as well. But you choose to focus on nonsense instead so you're ignorant of everything substantive.

All you have mentioned is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. You have no proof they lost anything yet. Not one thing.

All you have mentioned is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. You have no proof they lost anything yet. Not one thing.

All you care about is the football score between Democrats and Republicans, so it's not surprising that everything I've been saying sounds like "mumbo jumbo" to you.

Trump to announce review of vehicle emissions rules: sources | Reuters
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-staff-by-one-fifth-eliminating-key-programs/
Trump Aims To 'Eliminate' Clean Water Rule : The Two-Way : NPR
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ions-aimed-at-finance-industry-top-aide-says/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/13/...e-act-health-congressional-budget-office.html

Your water and air will not be cleaner, your health care will not be cheaper, and your financial adviser will not be your fiduciary because you voted Republican last November. If you are an American, you will be affected because the policies being created are aimed at America, not Liberals.

The conservatives are now playing the same game as the liberals were with their "Death of the Republican Party" nonsense. What remains to be seen is if they believetheir own hype. If they do, I think the OP will be crying in 2018.

Scumbag? Bernie is one of the few politicians without a track record of lies, unlike Trump who's list of porkies grows daily.

You have misread my post. Bernie was the Dem that was not a scumbag. He was popular with voting Dems. The DNC manipulated with the Clintonistas to prevent the "People's Choice," Bernie from being nominated.
/
/

You have misread my post. Bernie was the Dem that was not a scumbag. He was popular with voting Dems. The DNC manipulated with the Clintonistas to prevent the "People's Choice," Bernie from being nominated.
/
/

I did not misread, it was in the symatics of your post, have a look. Bernie is a standup guy, even if you disagree with his politics, a rarity in this day and age.

All you care about is the football score between Democrats and Republicans, so it's not surprising that everything I've been saying sounds like "mumbo jumbo" to you.

Trump to announce review of vehicle emissions rules: sources | Reuters
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-staff-by-one-fifth-eliminating-key-programs/
Trump Aims To 'Eliminate' Clean Water Rule : The Two-Way : NPR
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ions-aimed-at-finance-industry-top-aide-says/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/13/...e-act-health-congressional-budget-office.html

Your water and air will not be cleaner, your health care will not be cheaper, and your financial adviser will not be your fiduciary because you voted Republican last November. If you are an American, you will be affected because the policies being created are aimed at America, not Liberals.

You still don't understand why Trump won the election. EPA regulations steal people's jobs.

Finance regulations steal people's jobs.

Obamacare stole people's jobs or turned them into part time.

That's why Trump won!!! The left cared more about this crap than they did about people's jobs.

All of these things are things liberals cared about, not working Joe Americans. Liberals are the only losers, not the "American public".

You still don't understand why Trump won the election. EPA regulations steal people's jobs.

Finance regulations steal people's jobs.

Obamacare stole people's jobs or turned them into part time.

That's why Trump won!!! The left cared more about this crap than they did about people's jobs.

All of these things are things liberals cared about, not working Joe Americans. Liberals are the only losers, not the "American public".

Your post is pure noise. You have zero knowledge of the policies being shaped and the people being impacted as a result. You do that to yourself on purpose, so when I say that the Democratic Party needs to communicate with the American public about how they are being directly harmed by the Republicans' policies, you are obviously not included in that audience.

Your post is pure noise. You have zero knowledge of the policies being shaped and the people being impacted as a result. You do that to yourself on purpose, so when I say that the Democratic Party needs to communicate with the American public about how they are being directly harmed by the Republicans' policies, you are obviously not included in that audience.

Please show how Americans are being harmed right now by providing real life proof. Most of the stuff you're talking about hasn't even become active yet so there is no way anyone could have already been harmed by something that hasn't happened yet. For God's sake, your talking about the Republican health care plan that hasn't even made it through the House yet, let alone through the Senate, let alone signed by the president, let alone become law and taken effect. No Americans have been harmed in any way unless you can show proof that they have.

Problem is that is not where they are going. They are moving further to the left.

They have less than two years to figure out that, for them, immigration, gun control and BlackLivesMatter are LOSING issues.

They must move toward the will of the people or fall farther into obscurity.

i would call it, "move back to the center"

There seems to be a common misconception that the Democrats are radical leftists. They are not. They are basically corporatists. I'm glad that Barack Obama had the courage to fight for a right wing healthcare plan for everyone. The ACA was drawn up from Romneycare, a right wing health care plan that private insurance loves. Any true left wing policy is not allowed in the Democratic Party because the Democrats take a lot of the same donor money that the Republicans take. HRC was a center right wing candidate. If she hadn't alienated the true left by, gaslighting them, and cheating them out of Bernie Sanders, you may indeed have a President Hillary right now.

You guys are conflating radical protests with left wing policy. Left wing policy is popular. Single-payer, ending regime change wars, raising the minimum wage, transforming our energy system, these are all popular left wing policies. The Democrats should not move to the center because they are already there. The Democrats are the party of Chuck Schumer, Cory Booker, and Nancy Pelosi who are basically just water boys for the donors with some identity politics sprinkled in. The Democrats need to move left. There was no way to vote against fracking within the two major parties. If the Democrats had included a fracking ban in their platform it would have generated a ton of enthusiasm. But, the Clinton campaign sided with the oil companies. In the crucial states of MI, WI, and PA, 77,000 votes separated HRC and Trump. But, third party votes in those 3 states surged to +500,000. If HRC could've siphoned 15% of that 3rd party vote, she would be your president right now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/opinion/move-left-democrats.html

Hillary Clinton lost the decisive states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan by 77,744 votes; the number of Democratic votes dropped significantly from 2012 levels, and the Republican total increased by about 440,000 votes. The third- and fourth-party surge, however, was larger than the Republican growth, with 503,000 more people choosing the Libertarian or the Green candidate than had done so in 2012. When you look at the white vote in those states, the picture is even more stark.

I am part of that statistic as a lefty who voted for Jill Stein in Michigan. I was incensed at the DNC for cheating us and then gaslighting us. After seeing what the Democrats did to the left, I have little confidence in them going forwared. They seem to be as corrupt as the Republican party, and perhaps more unified in their corruption than the Republicans are. The Democrats are far too right wing to win.

Last edited:
There seems to be a common misconception that the Democrats are radical leftists. They are not. They are basically corporatists. I'm glad that Barack Obama had the courage to fight for a right wing healthcare plan for everyone. The ACA was drawn up from Romneycare, a right wing health care plan that private insurance loves. Any true left wing policy is not allowed in the Democratic Party because the Democrats take a lot of the same donor money that the Republicans take. HRC was a right wing candidate. If she hadn't alienated the true left by, gaslighting them, and cheating them out of Bernie Sanders, you may indeed have a President Hillary right now.

You guys are conflating radical protests with left wing policy. Left wing policy is popular. Single-payer, ending regime change wars, raising the minimum wage, transforming our energy system, these are all popular left wing policies. The Democrats should not move to the center because they are already there. The Democrats are the party of Chuck Schumer, Cory Booker, and Nancy Pelosi who are basically just water boys for the donors with some identity politics sprinkled in. The Democrats need to move left. There was no way to vote against fracking within the two major parties. If the Democrats had included a fracking ban in their platform it would have generated a ton of enthusiasm. But, the Clinton campaign sided with the oil companies. In the crucial states of MI, WI, and PA, 77,000 votes separated HRC and Trump. But, third party votes in those 3 states surged to +500,000. If HRC could've siphoned 15% of that 3rd party vote, she would be your president right now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/opinion/move-left-democrats.html

I am part of that statistic as a lefty who voted for Jill Stein. I was incensed at the DNC for cheating us and then gaslighting us. After seeing what the Democrats did to the left, I have little confidence in them going forwared. They seem to be as corrupt as the Republican party, and perhaps more unified in their corruption than the Republicans are.

Obama didn't want Obamacare. He wanted single payer. He is radical left. But, he was smart enough to know that he couldn't get what he really wanted so he went after what he thought he could actually get. That didn't change who he actually was.

Obama didn't want Obamacare. He wanted single payer. He is radical left. But, he was smart enough to know that he couldn't get what he really wanted so he went after what he thought he could actually get. That didn't change who he actually was.

I have a hard time believing that. Obama never advocated for single-payer. In fact he blamed Dennis Kucinich a true progressive for standing in the way of health care reform.. because Kucinich advocated for the public option. Do you have any sources of Obama campaigning for single-payer?

Please show how Americans are being harmed right now by providing real life proof. Most of the stuff you're talking about hasn't even become active yet so there is no way anyone could have already been harmed by something that hasn't happened yet. For God's sake, your talking about the Republican health care plan that hasn't even made it through the House yet, let alone through the Senate, let alone signed by the president, let alone become law and taken effect. No Americans have been harmed in any way unless you can show proof that they have.

Your post is certainly a bizarre one. It is specifically Republican policies that will result in dirtier air and water, fewer protections for individual investors and those with retirement accounts, no medicaid, vastly higher healthcare premiums, less internet freedom, and 24 million few insured people, all of which targets all non-rich American citizens indiscriminately. And yet your response is, "Don't worry, the Republicans haven't finalized all their policies." Who will protect us from these Republican policies? Republicans? They created those policies. Democrats? As you are so fond of reminding us ever other post, they lost power in November.

The truth is that in the next two years there will be no nobody to protect all Americans from Republicans, and it is only Democrats who can put a stop to their policies in 2018. Otherwise, all Americans will continue to lose.

Now, you're a mouthpiece for the pro-rich Right, that's obvious. That's why I remind you that you're not the target audience for any message that takes the well being of regular Americans into consideration over the super rich. You're not relevant.

I have a hard time believing that. Obama never advocated for single-payer. In fact he blamed Dennis Kucinich a true progressive for standing in the way of health care reform.. because Kucinich advocated for the public option. Do you have any sources of Obama campaigning for single-payer?

There is a link somewhere either in this thread or a different one which proves that that is exactly what he wanted.

Your post is certainly a bizarre one. It is specifically Republican policies that will result in dirtier air and water, fewer protections for individual investors and those with retirement accounts, no medicaid, vastly higher healthcare premiums, less internet freedom, and 24 million few insured people, all of which targets all non-rich American citizens indiscriminately. And yet your response is, "Don't worry, the Republicans haven't finalized all their policies." Who will protect us from these Republican policies? Republicans? They created those policies. Democrats? As you are so fond of reminding us ever other post, they lost power in November.

The truth is that in the next two years there will be no nobody to protect all Americans from Republicans, and it is only Democrats who can put a stop to their policies in 2018. Otherwise, all Americans will continue to lose.

Now, you're a mouthpiece for the pro-rich Right, that's obvious. That's why I remind you that you're not the target audience for any message that takes the well being of regular Americans into consideration over the super rich. You're not relevant.

In other words, you are admitting that not one person has been harmed by Republican policies as of yet. Not one. You also seem to admit that you don't give a damn about jobs and all of the regulations that hurt jobs. That's a liberal agenda to be for regulations and against jobs. Environmental regulations is what liberals care about. Our air and water were, for the most part, fine before Obama and they will be fine after Trump. Individual investors did just fine in the past and they will do just fine in the future. No medicaid? That's just liberal fear mongering, not fact. Please show me where Republicans want to eliminate Medicaid. Healthcare premiums will be lower, even your CBO report states that. Less internet freedom? It wasn't too awfully long ago there wasn't even an internet at all until Al Gore invented it. There will be more health insured people under the Republican plan than there was before Obamacare came into existence. Regular Americans are the ones who voted to ditch the liberal policies that haven't been working and this ditching has been going on for over six years now, giving Republicans the most power of any party since 1928. That's the reality. Liberal policies haven't been working! The only ones who will be losing are the loud mouthed liberals and, yes, they will be the losers, not the American public.

I am part of that statistic as a lefty who voted for Jill Stein in Michigan.

Then you threw away your vote in a swing state and helped Donald Trump to win.

Then you threw away your vote in a swing state and helped Donald Trump to win.

The Democrats need to come left for me. If they don't come left for me I will vote Green the rest of my life.

The Democrats need to come left for me. If they don't come left for me I will vote Green the rest of my life.

So it's your way or the highway. Got it. Tell me, how's your plan to convince the other 95% of Americans to vote for the Far Left?

In other words, you are admitting that not one person has been harmed by Republican policies as of yet.
Not one. You also seem to admit that you don't give a damn about jobs and all of the regulations that hurt jobs. That's a liberal agenda to be for regulations and against jobs. Environmental regulations is what liberals care about. Our air and water were, for the most part, fine before Obama and they will be fine after Trump. Individual investors did just fine in the past and they will do just fine in the future. No medicaid? That's just liberal fear mongering, not fact. Please show me where Republicans want to eliminate Medicaid. Healthcare premiums will be lower, even your CBO report states that. Less internet freedom? It wasn't too awfully long ago there wasn't even an internet at all until Al Gore invented it. There will be more health insured people under the Republican plan than there was before Obamacare came into existence. Regular Americans are the ones who voted to ditch the liberal policies that haven't been working and this ditching has been going on for over six years now, giving Republicans the most power of any party since 1928. That's the reality. Liberal policies haven't been working! The only ones who will be losing are the loud mouthed liberals and, yes, they will be the losers, not the American public.

Again, your job is to lie, reject facts, contradict yourself (as you did repeatedly above), and to take policies that demonstrably cost regular Americans real benefits and spin those costs as intangible benefits. Your role here is to tell people who lost their health insurance and their jobs that they are now "free," that their clean air and water is a Communist plot, and that it is okay for their financial advisors who are handling retirement accounts to work for their own benefit rather than their customers' because...reasons. In other words, your role here is pure wealthy-Right propaganda. That is why you're irrelevant.

Last edited:
So it's your way or the highway. Got it. Tell me, how's your plan to convince the other 95% of Americans to vote for the Far Left?

It's not that I'm being stubborn to spite the Democrats. I just agree more with the Green Party. To me it's not a hard decision. You look at the platforms and see who you agree with. I'm not concerned about other Americans. It's on the Democrats and the Green Party to sort out their messaging and select the right candidates. If the Democrats select a candidate that is for single-payer, ending regime change wars, transforming our energy system, campaign finance reform, etc. I'm sure they will do wonderfully.

Back
Top Bottom