• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

will the democrats crash and burn in 2018?

will democrats crash and burn in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
will the democrats crash and burn in 2018 because of their scorched earth policy and the left's constant attacks on trump.

i myself know of people who don't like trump however they cant stand what the democrats in government are doing

will the democrats succeed in following this path into the next election and pickup more seats in congress, or lose more seats?

cast your vote

I have no idea what you're talking about. Want to fill us in?

I think part of the effort by the MSM to rant, rail, and besmirch the current government is to convince voters of a need to counter such "threats" by electing more Democrats to Congress next mid-term.

Something similar to what happened during President Obama's first term with the Republican surge during the first mid-term elections, allowing them to take over in Congress.

At this point I think it is backfiring because the allegations are so crazy and often false that people just don't believe them anymore.

I turned off the news for the above reason. And I just can't see myself turning it on again for the same reason. Not fox. Not NBC. Not NPR. Nobody. We always knew journalistic integrity was a sham, but now they are just being lazy and blatant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will if they keep running losers like Gore, Kerry, and Clinton.

They also need an exciting and innovative person chairing the Democratic party - NOT Tom Perez. It should be a young war hero that excites the base.

The 2020 presidential ticket should be someone like Gavin Newsom and Tulsi Gabbard.

If the democratic party puts up another boring, establishment candidate like Gore, Kerry or Clinton, they deserve to lose!

Eventually the Democrats will gain back power...because Americans only have two choices at the end of the day. And when they get tired of one party...they vote the other one back in.

will the democrats crash and burn in 2018 because of their scorched earth policy and the left's constant attacks on trump.

i myself know of people who don't like trump however they cant stand what the democrats in government are doing

will the democrats succeed in following this path into the next election and pickup more seats in congress, or lose more seats?

cast your vote

No way to tell yet.

cast your vote

What are the Democrats doing? They don't have to do much at all. Crooked incompetent Trump and his administration are crashing and burning all by themselves.

It depends on how bad the republicans can eff up a winning hand.

Republicans have always been able to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory due to their spineless nature in not standing up for their constituents or keeping promises.

They have all the cards and look at their faces and body language.

Theres no " Im going to get it right this time!" energy.

Its like " Ohhhh noooo. Im actually going to have to do SOMETHING!"

I am offended the republican healthcare bill arrived in the sorry state it did. They had near a decade to assign a half dozen guys to redo Obamacare so it wasnt such a crap sandwich. This tells me those jerks were just planning on hunkering down for an obstructionfest during a Hillarycane until it blew over. Most of them never saw Trump coming and this should tell us how out of touch they are as a party.

IF democrats can come back to the game with some sanity and priority focus instead of stupidly wasting energy on bathroom legistature they could be a serious threat.

As long as they waste energy on masked protests, v-hats, chasing invisible russians under the bed, and the assaults on random starbucks continue I am sickened by the behavior but unconcerned they are a threat to anything but themselves.

If the first two months are any sort of indicator, the GOP will lose in all levels of government.

We have a real freak show going on with this administration, and Ryan's bunch.

I think part of the effort by the MSM to rant, rail, and besmirch the current government is to convince voters of a need to counter such "threats" by electing more Democrats to Congress next mid-term.

Something similar to what happened during President Obama's first term with the Republican surge during the first mid-term elections, allowing them to take over in Congress.

At this point I think it is backfiring because the allegations are so crazy and often false that people just don't believe them anymore.

lol right, like the british-obama wiretapping fiasco, and the muslim travel bans? Hard to call them allegations when it's right out of the horse's mouth

as far as unproven allegations, he doesn't do himself any favors by hiding his tax returns and lying repeatedly about things like "everyone will be covered" health care and the total flip on electoral college once it benefited him, dragging bill clintons sexual flings to the debate hall as response to "grab her by the *****"

i hardly think the media cares who is president. They are for-profit, don't you get that? They're whores. They go for whatever gets them ratings and right now Trump is a total buffoon they can capitalize on. If he stops behaving as such, they'll have less material

Eventually the Democrats will gain back power...because Americans only have two choices at the end of the day. And when they get tired of one party...they vote the other one back in.

Which is exactly why this thread is moronic - it presupposes that republicans will become the saviors who resurrect the middle class, when all the republicans ever do is scheme to funnel $ away from anyone making under $75k.

The only possible exception to this rule of alternating power was FDR and that took the great depression and WW2

Well the map is kind of bad for Dems, but then again when one party is in full control of the government, they tend to lose seats in the next election. I'm guessing modest gains for the Dems, but the GOP will keep its majority.

cast your vote

I think Republicans will make some gains in the Senate in 2018 but lose some ground in the House. The scorched Earth policy seemed to work well for them against Obama. As of 2018 Republicans will have hit their plateau and then it's downhill from there. It is inevitable for both parties that things will keep on flip flopping every several years. Every time one party has been written off as dead they rise like Lazarus or the Phoenix. It is a mistake to think that a party will be sent to the scrapheap of time. That's what the Democrats were saying just before this election.

If anyone can fumble the ball at the one yard line, it's the loser corporate democrats.

This is absolutely true.

Hillary losing to Trump is actually worse than Kerry losing to Bush, which was already like a normal person losing in the Special Olympics. So, Hillary's loss was like a seeing person losing at darts to a blind man. Therefore, IMO, the D are actually still on the slide. I doubt they hit bottom yet. 2018 will probably see much more of the same.

What are the Democrats doing? They don't have to do much at all. Crooked incompetent Trump and his administration are crashing and burning all by themselves.

That may fly as a concept in the boiler rooms, but it would be wise to step back and see how the majority of the nation is thinking, as opposed to the message people are paying to have spread around.

If the American public stays focused and energized in the course of the next two years, Republicans will be run out of power in both the House and the Senate. If the American public grows cynical and exhausted, then it's a crap shoot.

If the American public stays focused and energized in the course of the next two years, Republicans will be run out of power in both the House and the Senate. If the American public grows cynical and exhausted, then it's a crap shoot.

Um, have you forgotten about the election? The left, including the left stream media, and Hollywood made the entire election about what you describe now. And how'd that turn out? In fact, it was all that lefty crap that helped Trump win. But, you guys refuse to believe that it was all that anti-Trump hype which actually helped him win. You still think it was Comey and the Russians. Carry on. Don't change a damn thing.

it's too early to make a prediction.

Bingo, a useless poll as the man and Congress have only been in the job few weeks. Much will depend on the ACA and what the GOP comes up with too replace, they are already feeling the pressure from there own consituants.

Um, have you forgotten about the election? The left, including the left stream media, and Hollywood made the entire election about what you describe now. And how'd that turn out? In fact, it was all that lefty crap that helped Trump win. But, you guys refuse to believe that it was all that anti-Trump hype which actually helped him win. You still think it was Comey and the Russians. Carry on. Don't change a damn thing.

Did I forget the election in which a quarter of the voting age population voted Republicans into power? No, I haven't forgotten. The rest of America wasn't unified or energized like they are now, and if they continue to be unified and energized, it will be a rout for Republicans.

The rest of your analysis is ignorant and doesn't interest me.

A high degree of Trump faigue may play favourable to the other side. Lord knows Trump is not going to change the way he operates. His personality disorder will be his undoing, one way or the other.

A high degree of Trump faigue may play favourable to the other side. Lord knows Trump is not going to change the way he operates. His personality disorder will be his undoing, one way or the other.

It will be extremely important for Democrats to keep the public informed of what they are losing and have lost, and that their party and their ideology are uniquely equipped to giving those things back to them. What's also very important is that we're seeing fresh grass roots Democratic movements, which are absolutely critical to revitalizing the Democratic Party.

Low voter turnout in 2016 helped the Don, lowest participation rate in 20 years. I believe we will have record turnout next year for a midterm, and we know who high turnout favours historically. Of course the Don may decide to act Presidental one day soon, but Im not holding ny breath.

It will be extremely important for Democrats to keep the public informed of what they are losing and have lost, and that their party and their ideology are uniquely equipped to giving those things back to them. What's also very important is that we're seeing fresh grass roots Democratic movements, which are absolutely critical to revitalizing the Democratic Party.

Very similiar to what the GOP got up to after Obamas 2008 win, with a little overreach from the current admin, it worked for the Republicans in 2010, eerily familiar ya?

The Dems best shot is the Senate, they will be defending I believe 12 seats, it will be a tall order to flip, but not impossible with a little more nuttiness from Trump.

Back
Top Bottom