• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

will the democrats crash and burn in 2018?

will democrats crash and burn in 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Master PO

Mixed Government advocate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
will the democrats crash and burn in 2018 because of their scorched earth policy and the left's constant attacks on trump.

i myself know of people who don't like trump however they cant stand what the democrats in government are doing

will the democrats succeed in following this path into the next election and pickup more seats in congress, or lose more seats?

cast your vote

Last edited:
will the democrats crash and burn in 2018 because of their scorched earth policy and the left's constant attacks on trump.

i myself know of people who don't like trump however they cant stand the what the democrats in government are doing

will the democrats succeed in following this path in the next election and pickup more seats in congress, or lose more seats?

cast your vote

I think part of the effort by the MSM to rant, rail, and besmirch the current government is to convince voters of a need to counter such "threats" by electing more Democrats to Congress next mid-term.

Something similar to what happened during President Obama's first term with the Republican surge during the first mid-term elections, allowing them to take over in Congress.

At this point I think it is backfiring because the allegations are so crazy and often false that people just don't believe them anymore.

Last edited:
it's too early to make a prediction.

If anyone can fumble the ball at the one yard line, it's the loser corporate democrats.

I think part of the effort by the MSM to rant, rail, and besmirch the current government is to create as much doubt as possible in the validity of the current Republican controlled government that come next mid-terms more Democrats will be elected to counter the threat.

Something similar to what happened during President Obama's first term.

i thoughts too, they are to me working to create so much doubt and confusion as to convince republicans not to go along with the administration and to make voters feel trump cannot lead.

i myself know of people who don't like trump however they cant stand what the democrats in government are doing

will the democrats succeed in following this path into the next election and pickup more seats in congress, or lose more seats?
Considering these types of tactics worked very well for Republicans, is it your position then Republican voters are dumb enough to fall for them but Democratic voters are too intelligent to be persuaded by the same tactics?

Just to be clear, I don't agree with that position, but it sure does seem to be what you're suggesting.

Considering these types of tactics worked very well for Republicans, is it your position then Republican voters are dumb enough to fall for them but Democratic voters are too intelligent to be persuaded by the same tactics?

Just to be clear, I don't agree with that position, but it sure does seem to be what you're suggesting.

since we have democrats who refuse to go along with anything the administration wants to do and has openly made it clear they don't like trump, is not trying to work together going to hurt them?

since we have democrats who refuse to go along with anything the administration wants to do and has openly made it clear they don't like trump, is not trying to work together going to hurt them?

The Republicans never paid a price for obstructing Obama's SCOTUS pick. Why should the Democrats make any consolations to them?

The Republicans never paid a price for obstructing Obama's SCOTUS pick. Why should the Democrats make any consolations to them?

you make a good point, however the republicans did it for 1 year, i don't see leaving the spot open on the court for 4 years working.

it is very possible that trump will get to pick another on the court also.

cast your vote

Read my sig line.

I already answered this question, would you like to try replying to what I said?

Two factors say its an uphill climb for Democrats in 2018
1- It will be difficult to flip the House since so many seats are safely heavily gerrymandered by Republican state legislatures making it hard to win them.

2- there are more than twice as many Dem Senate headsets up as there are GOP held seats

Remember that in this past 2016 election the Dems increased their seats in both the House and the Senate while nearly 2.9 million more Americans voted for their top of the ticket. And still could not take control of either chamber.

So the reality makes it tough.

scorched earth policy i don't believe will work, even though people don't like government because of low ratings, they still want them to try and work together

we're still too tribal for an "us vs them" system to work, and that's exactly what we have. you can watch it playing out in real time on any message board or article comments section on the internet.

Two factors say its an uphill climb for Democrats in 2018
1- It will be difficult to flip the House since so many seats are safely heavily gerrymandered by Republican state legislatures making it hard to win them.

2- there are more than twice as many Dem Senate headsets up as there are GOP held seats

Remember that in this past 2016 election the Dems increased their seats in both the House and the Senate while nearly 2.9 million more Americans voted for their top of the ticket. And still could not take control of either chamber.

So the reality makes it tough.

that is a good and very honest answer

well i understand your point and the democrats have turned farther left which i don't think helps

They have less than two years to figure out that, for them, immigration, gun control and BlackLivesMatter are LOSING issues.

They must move toward the will of the people or fall farther into obscurity.

They have less than two years to figure out that, for them, immigration, gun control and BlackLivesMatter are LOSING issues.

They must move toward the will of the people or fall farther into obscurity.

i would call it, "move back to the center"

i would call it, "move back to the center"

Well, they actually need a mixture of left and right stances on issues, because that's where the American people are.

But maybe the best they can do is try for the center and hope to hit most of those issues, even if they can't hit them all.

cast your vote

American voters are fickle and we only have two choices. This is compounded by Trump doing a crappy job, in many ways, and the Republican controlled Congress doing a crappy job, in many ways. End result being Democrats will gain more seats. I just don't know how many.

cast your vote

Crash and burn? The Democrats? They,re already laying on the ground.
There will be a crash and burn, though.

Back
Top Bottom