• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Jesus Would Have Hated Most Modern Day Religion

Nonsense

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
…20The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?" 21Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." 22But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.…

I used to get this all the time when I was out of work and broke. The libs would quote this verse and when I tried to make sense of why they were telling me this it came out something like "Hmm..sell everything I have, even though I have nothing, and give it to whom? Myself?"

Last edited:
Though technically a religious discussion, I suspect the rules in there would result in me receiving an infraction just for posting this. Nonetheless, assuming there really was a Jesus (I know, but suspend disbelief for just a second), I totally believe what Mr Schaeffer says here. How about you?

Jesus certainly was no bible thumper. Hence, bible thumpers are not really Christians. Right?

Except at the time healing him did not break the rules of Leviticus based on the commentary on what you can and cannot do on the Shabbat.

I overstated by saying any. Let's just say very few Christians are willing to go all in like that.

Very few Christians are called to it. They have families to support.

Yeah, Christ loves everybody except his own. That makes perfect sense.

I see it one of three ways.

1. Christ exists and is Sonf of God exactly as taught in Bible, in which case most "Christians" are frauds because they throw his name around but do not live as he preached. This then pisses Christ off.

2. God exists, Christ is just some guy who started a cult, in which case all Christians are in violation of Commandment number one: though shall worship no other gods, idols or men. This then pisses God off.

3. None of it is true, and legends of Christ and the mythical god are all a bunch of Bullsnot.

I see it one of three ways.

1. Christ exists and is Sonf of God exactly as taught in Bible, in which case most "Christians" are frauds because they throw his name around but do not live as he preached. This then pisses Christ off.

I don't know how you can know that "most" Christians are frauds because you can't and don't know "most" Christians to be able to say that. But if that's the way you want it, I say most atheists are frauds because they make fraudulent claims like the one you just made.

Furthermore I don't think you are in a good position to say what pisses Christ off.

I don't know how you can know that "most" Christians are frauds because you can't and don't know "most" Christians to be able to say that. But if that's the way you want it, I say most atheists are frauds because they make fraudulent claims like the one you just made.

Furthermore I don't think you are in a good position to say what pisses Christ off.

American Christians do not love thy neighbor (at least not unconditionally) nor turn the other cheek. Hell, even Mother Theresa was more about bringing in the Green than she was about alleviating suffering. Hypocrites.

I(f Christ is real, he's probably warming the seats beside him for the atheists and agnostics, since only they are real.

Last edited:
LOL. Now you're exposing yourself as a dysfunctional atheist. I think its a valid point that not all Xtians follow all the teachings of Jesus. But they are the most giving people around - and I would take a Xtian to a literal or metaphorical battle any day of the week. Shame on you for disparaging Mother Theresa. It just exposes your ignorance. Get a clue.

American Christians do not love thy neighbor (at least not unconditionally) nor turn the other cheek. Hell, even Mother Theresa was more about bringing in the Green than she was about alleviating suffering. Hypocrites.

LOL. Now you're exposing yourself as a dysfunctional atheist. I think its a valid point that not all Xtians follow all the teachings of Jesus. But they are the most giving people around - and I would take a Xtian to a literal or metaphorical battle any day of the week. Shame on you for disparaging Mother Theresa. It just exposes your ignorance. Get a clue.

"Most giving people around"

:lol:

Catholic Church and Pope Francis: Religious institutions are exempted from nonprofit disclosure rules, so nobody knows how rich they really are.
How Rich Is the Catholic Church?

Nobody really knows, because religious groups don’t need to follow regular accounting and disclosure rules.

Mormon church earns $7 billion a year from tithing, analysis indicates - Investigations
Relying heavily on church records in countries that require far more disclosure than the United States, Cragun and Reuters estimate that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints brings in some $7 billion annually in tithes and other donations.

It owns about $35 billion worth of temples and meeting houses around the world, and controls farms, ranches, shopping malls and other commercial ventures worth many billions more.

The church claims 14 million members around the world, more than half outside the United States. All are supposed to tithe, or give 10 percent...

I(f Christ is real, he's probably warming the seats beside him for the atheists and agnostics, since only they are real.

Nobody gets it right all the time. Atheists who constantly focus on the failures of others make Church Lady look tolerant.

Found this article and I was struck by this part.
...many Christians refused to serve in the army because they might have to kill other human beings and thus violate the commandments of Christ. Similarly, some Christians refused to hold government posts, engage in commerce, or loan money because they saw these activities as lending approval to a corrupt earthly system. They believed that the only true empire was in heaven
The Early Christians - Throwing Christians to the Lions: Fact and Legend
Does not at all sound like most Christians of today.

Whats to dispute? The author is apparently upset that MT spoke out against abortion and divorce. Imagine that. Of course, he sees this as extreme views and evidence of "fanaticism". MT and her order are responsible for the care of thousands of people who wouldn't' receive care otherwise. I don't know why this seems to upset people. These articles are more like hit pieces on hollywood celebrities. What media builds up, media tears down.

Actually he's correct on the subject of Mother Theresa. Please read on. Feel free to dispute any of it.

The fanatic, fraudulent Mother Teresa.

Whats to dispute? The author is apparently upset that MT spoke out against abortion and divorce. Imagine that. Of course, he sees this as extreme views and evidence of "fanaticism". MT and her order are responsible for the care of thousands of people who wouldn't' receive care otherwise. I don't know why this seems to upset people. These articles are more like hit pieces on hollywood celebrities. What media builds up, media tears down.

MT was a phony who was neither a mother nor was she named Theresa. She was as authentic as Joe the Plumber, whose name is really Sam and works in an automobile factory. What is it about Righties and their myths?

Lol. Thats your schtick? That she wasn't really a mother or named Theresa???

MT was a phony who was neither a mother nor was she named Theresa. She was as authentic as Joe the Plumber, whose name is really Sam and works in an automobile factory. What is it about Righties and their myths?

What can we expect from who get their religious teachings from Slate? It really is funny!

Lol. Thats your schtick? That she wasn't really a mother or named Theresa???

True or false?

Just sticking to facts, Mother T was neither a mother nor was she named Theresa.

What can we expect from who get their religious teachings from Slate? It really is funny!

We know. Facts have a liberal bias. :roll:

So you cannot dispute a single thing in the article. That was way too easy. Anyone else want to give it a try?

I don't dispute opinions. Everybody has one. You should go hang out with the guy who's argument is that Mother Theresa is a fraud because her name really isn't Theresa.
Same type of argument that Slate makes.

So you cannot dispute a single thing in the article. That was way too easy. Anyone else want to give it a try?

Though technically a religious discussion, I suspect the rules in there would result in me receiving an infraction just for posting this. Nonetheless, assuming there really was a Jesus (I know, but suspend disbelief for just a second), I totally believe what Mr Schaeffer says here. How about you?

A leper came to Jesus and said, “Lord, if you choose, you can make me clean.” If Jesus had been a good religious Jew, he would have said, “Be healed,” and just walked away. Instead, he stretched out his hand and touched the leper, saying, “I do choose. Be made clean,” even though he was breaking the specific rules of Leviticus. Two chapters teach that anyone touching a person with leprosy is contaminated.

Jesus certainly was not a “Bible believer,”. . .

Jesus certainly was no bible thumper. Hence, bible thumpers are not really Christians. Right?

A leper came to Jesus and said, “Lord, if you choose, you can make me clean.” If Jesus had been a good religious Jew, he would have said, “Be healed,” and just walked away. Instead, he stretched out his hand and touched the leper, saying, “I do choose. Be made clean,” even though he was breaking the specific rules of Leviticus. Two chapters teach that anyone touching a person with leprosy is contaminated.

Of course He can touch the leper. He is after all, God - who came down here as a human (The Son of God). The reason why Jesus performed miracles was to prove to the people that He is who He says is.

He got a reputation in the region. If you notice the statement of the leper, you'd see that the leper already heard about Him. The leper knew that Jesus was healing people.

A leper came to Jesus and said, “Lord, if you choose, you can make me clean.”

Btw, to me that is similar with praying and asking a favor from God - the acknowledgement that His will, will be done. If God chooses to give you the favor that you ask from Him, He will do so.

Whoever wrote that quoted article is ignorant of the details, as explained about Jesus. He is right though when he said that the leper (and the bleeding woman) had shown their faith.

Listening to him would be like, the blind following the blind.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgrefu...w1Cwelh6rM:&docid=ALSH0idBt_UW0M&h=462&w=1023

Last edited:
I don't dispute opinions. Everybody has one. You should go hang out with the guy who's argument is that Mother Theresa is a fraud because her name really isn't Theresa.

She's a fraud in more ways than that. The name thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...udy-says/articleshow/18760028.cms?referral=PM

According to the study, the Vatican overlooked the crucial human side of Teresa — her dubious way of caring for the sick by glorifying their suffering instead of relieving it.

Instead, the Vatican went ahead with her beatification followed by canonization "to revitalize the Church and inspire the faithful especially at a time when churches are empty and the Roman authority is in decline".

Researchers Serge Larivee and Genevieve Chenard from the University of Montreal's department of psychoeducation, and Carole Senechal of the University of Ottawa's faculty of education, analysed published writings about Mother Teresa and concluded that her hallowed image, "which does not stand up to analysis of the facts, was constructed, and that her beatification was orchestrated by an effective media campaign".

i.e., a fraud.

Of course He can touch the leper. He is after all, God - who came down here as a human (The Son of God). The reason why Jesus performed miracles was to prove to the people that He is who He says is.

He got a reputation in the region. If you notice the statement of the leper, you'd see that the leper already heard about Him. The leper knew that Jesus was healing people.

A leper came to Jesus and said, “Lord, if you choose, you can make me clean.”

Btw, to me that is similar with praying and asking a favor from God - the acknowledgement that His will, will be done. If God chooses to give you the favor that you ask from Him, He will do so.

Whoever wrote that quoted article is ignorant of the details, as explained about Jesus. He is right though when he said that the leper (and the bleeding woman) had shown their faith.

Listening to him would be like, the blind following the blind.

Google Image Result for
I don't believe Jesus was "God." So, I'm not sure I can say anything which will counter your argument without the two of us talking past each other.

Just to rub it in

Not from Slate:
According to Larivee, facts debunk Teresa's myth. He says that the Vatican, before deciding on Teresa's beatification, did not take into account "her rather dubious way of caring for the sick, her questionable political contacts, her suspicious management of the enormous sums of money she received, and her overly dogmatic views regarding ... abortion, contraception, and divorce."
Mother Teresa 'saint of the media', controversial study says - The Times of India

Mother T was a total and complete fraud...in fact, she probably should have been thrown in jail not made a saint. But, lots of people in the Church should be thrown in jail...especially those high ranking members who covered up all the pedophilia.

Back
Top Bottom