• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I'm Stoked on DeBlasio's campaign (1 Viewer)

since no one believes in that your argument is moot.

Ludin, YOU may not believe big money has undue influence in our government and politics but many Americans do. Being dismissive when you don’t have an argument makes you appear combative and uninformed.

So end liberty and freedom in exchange for government serfdom... brilliant platform, have fun with that.

So engage in ridiculous rhetoric instead of honest debate... not so brilliant platform, have fun with that.... :roll:

Moving into the modern era with healthcare, financial security, and equality isn't 'government serfdom'... millions in Europe would quickly say otherwise. But we are America, we will not directly copy ALL from any other country- but when we were the Greatest Nation on earth we took the unwashed masses, EDUCATED them into one of the most literate workforces on earth and then shamelessly 'borrowed' other cultures and nation's ideas to create that shining city on the hill...

We can and most likely will finally end up with much of the Progressive Platform- modified to fit the American Dream- and renovate that shining city on the hill.... :peace

Ludin, YOU may not believe big money has undue influence in our government and politics but many Americans do. Being dismissive when you don’t have an argument makes you appear combative and uninformed.

Go ahead and tell him Majority Americans are for taxing the rich and watch your notifications light up like the Vegas Strip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balsio has turned NYC into an anti-freedom fire dump of a city.
he is a horrible mayor. he is nothing more than an extreme leftist.

Curious if you have any data to substantiate the "fire dump" comments and please don't forget to connect it to the policies of Deblasio

Last edited:

no one believes in unregulated capitalism. by default for capitalism to work properly it needs some form of regulation and control.
So please inform yourself of what was said when you don't have an argument as it makes you appear combative and uninformed.

PS there was an argument presented. the fact you didn't see it is your issue.

... but when we were the Greatest Nation on earth ...

... the American Dream ...

... renovate that shining city on the hill...

We ARE the greatest Nation on earth!

The American Dream IS still, by and large, humanities DREAM.

That DREAM, our way of life has always been under “renovation” in a never ending quest to serve our people and the world.

But to the “general” point I believe the message Americans are yearning for is how to make America WHOLE Again! We need a LEADER a STATESMAN that can bring (the) US together as patriots, as AmeriCANs.

tRumps divisiveness doesn’t stand a chance against a message of American unity.

So engage in ridiculous rhetoric instead of honest debate... not so brilliant platform, have fun with that.... :roll:

Moving into the modern era with healthcare, financial security, and equality isn't 'government serfdom'... millions in Europe would quickly say otherwise. But we are America, we will not directly copy ALL from any other country- but when we were the Greatest Nation on earth we took the unwashed masses, EDUCATED them into one of the most literate workforces on earth and then shamelessly 'borrowed' other cultures and nation's ideas to create that shining city on the hill...

We can and most likely will finally end up with much of the Progressive Platform- modified to fit the American Dream- and renovate that shining city on the hill.... :peace

Yes it is, when the Government is providing for you, you are beholden to the Government. The Democrats don't CARE about you, or your well being, they care about you needing them in power to survive. When you turn your healthcare, your financial stability over to politicians, the politicians OWN you.

Curious if you have any data to substantiate the "fire dump" comments and please don't forget to connect it to the policies of Deblasio

But as mayor, Mr. de Blasio has been unsuccessful in seeking a new “millionaires’ tax” in New York City.

this doesn't work never has worked anywhere implemented. what it does do is chase money away.

“Here’s the truth, brothers and sisters, there’s plenty of money in the world. Plenty of money in this city,” the mayor said, flanked by screens with graphs of productivity outpacing compensation. “It’s just in the wrong hands!”

doesn't believe people that earn their money should keep it. pretty anti-freedom to me.

Mr. de Blasio tiptoed around some of the thornier challenges of his administration, such as the soaring number of homeless and the city’s scandal-plagued and deteriorating public housing system

government seizure of private property?
The mayor’s pledge to seize buildings, which City Hall officials said would require legislation from the City Council and possibly at the state level, met with almost immediate headwinds on Thursday. “The Council has serious concerns about whether or not this is the best approach,” said Jennifer Fermino, Mr. Johnson’s spokeswoman

doesn't include the huge amounts of anti-2nd amendment laws and other things that he supports.

Bill de Blasio is running for president. Here'''s why that'''s a bad idea.

even the slate doens't like him and what he does and they are pretty much a leftist mouth piece.

We ARE the greatest Nation on earth!

The American Dream IS still, by and large, humanities DREAM.

That DREAM, our way of life has always been under “renovation” in a never ending quest to serve our people and the world.

But to the “general” point I believe the message Americans are yearning for is how to make America WHOLE Again! We need a LEADER a STATESMAN that can bring (the) US together as patriots, as AmeriCANs.

tRumps divisiveness doesn’t stand a chance against a message of American unity.

given that obama is considered one of the most divisive presidents out there.

sorry until the extreme wings of this country are curtailed the division will only grow wider.
which means getting rid of 90% of congress.

given that obama is considered one of the most divisive presidents out there.

sorry until the extreme wings of this country are curtailed the division will only grow wider.
which means getting rid of 90% of congress.

It’s Not “given” that President Obama is divisive, in fact he is ranked high as one of the best and more popular Presidents we’ve had. But I said nothing about President Obama, it’s just “what about ism” because you lack a real argument.

Throwing the baby out with the bath water is a solution of wishful thinking. Bringing what we have together in unity is not just expedient it has the practicality of capitalizing on past experience and incorporating what’s new and fresh for a better future.

Throwing away all we have isn’t the answer. America IS GREAT! Unity of purpose and quality of life for ALL AmeriCANs is the way forward.

no one believes in unregulated capitalism. by default for capitalism to work properly it needs some form of regulation and control.
So please inform yourself of what was said when you don't have an argument as it makes you appear combative and uninformed.

PS there was an argument presented. the fact you didn't see it is your issue.

You’ve changed the argument to save face, introducing “unregulated capitalism” doesn’t alter your prior unsubstantiated dismissivness.

Ok, so I am thinking that we have a firebrand in the WH. Why add another? I am looking for someone who is cool, collected, calm.
Most of the candidates, at least at the moment, come across as vindictive and seem to forget that this country consists of more than ethe extreme left.
Like I said, we already have a polarizing potus.
Well, there's a few of the "sensible" crowd around. Amy Klobuchar comes to mind. I like her, but think she lacks the charisma to compete with Trump. But she seems moderate, sane, and above all - realistic.

Mayor Pete also strikes me as a sane & calm choice.

But my biggest concern is that it seems to take a high degree of personal charisma, to pull it off these days. Obama had it in universal/global terms. Trump had it in partisan terms. Hillary did not have it at all. Then again, we have those with pure charisma but little substance. I submit Beto O'Rourke as the prime example. I don't see charisma alone working, but do feel it is a necessary component to prevail. Sanders has it of sorts, in a "fire in the belly" way.

It’s Not “given” that President Obama is divisive, in fact he is ranked high as one of the best and more popular Presidents we’ve had. But I said nothing about President Obama, it’s just “what about ism” because you lack a real argument.

Throwing the baby out with the bath water is a solution of wishful thinking. Bringing what we have together in unity is not just expedient it has the practicality of capitalizing on past experience and incorporating what’s new and fresh for a better future.

Throwing away all we have isn’t the answer. America IS GREAT! Unity of purpose and quality of life for ALL AmeriCANs is the way forward.
Hear! Hear! :cheers:

Yes it is, when the Government is providing for you, you are beholden to the Government. The Democrats don't CARE about you, or your well being, they care about you needing them in power to survive. When you turn your healthcare, your financial stability over to politicians, the politicians OWN you.

There ya go again, making this into some zero sum Regressive BS.... :roll:

The government provides a great deal to us already, you seem to have no problem with that, from defense from invaders to roads, safety regulations some whine about but I kinda like poisons in my kid's cereal. We don't just shrug when the government fails in any of these areas and try to claim- 'well we should be taking care of this ourselves' Nor do you forgo the government services and safe guards.

If you have been paying attention during BushII's crew allowing the PRIVATE SECTOR to drive our economy over a cliff- most of those responsible weren't punished so there is no deterrent to stop them from short term greed ruining many retirees 401(k)…. imagine if those people had no government program to provide retirement income during that period. To young people a collapse of the stock market is a bitch but not ruin, to a retiree the fact the market rebounds later is meaningless if you lose your home, can't pay for your extremely expensive meds (and there are examples of greedy bastards hiking the price of old drugs 1000% just for profit with no real laws against it) or have to choose between food or health- a crashing market these days turns hard working 'freemen' into serfs if there were no government programs to support them.

Many civilized nations have some form of 'universal' healthcare- their citizens are not serfs... :doh

They are comforted by the fact they don't face ruin if a loved one has a life threatening disease... many 'Mericans have been forced into bankruptcy, divorce, poverty by health care issues.

I can see where young people rail against taxes for programs they don't need right now, but if you have any empathy you see how beneficial these programs are for many elderly, and YOU once you start finding grey hairs in your pubis... :peace

There ya go again, making this into some zero sum Regressive BS.... :roll:

The government provides a great deal to us already, you seem to have no problem with that, from defense from invaders to roads, safety regulations some whine about but I kinda like poisons in my kid's cereal. We don't just shrug when the government fails in any of these areas and try to claim- 'well we should be taking care of this ourselves' Nor do you forgo the government services and safe guards.

If you have been paying attention during BushII's crew allowing the PRIVATE SECTOR to drive our economy over a cliff- most of those responsible weren't punished so there is no deterrent to stop them from short term greed ruining many retirees 401(k)…. imagine if those people had no government program to provide retirement income during that period. To young people a collapse of the stock market is a bitch but not ruin, to a retiree the fact the market rebounds later is meaningless if you lose your home, can't pay for your extremely expensive meds (and there are examples of greedy bastards hiking the price of old drugs 1000% just for profit with no real laws against it) or have to choose between food or health- a crashing market these days turns hard working 'freemen' into serfs if there were no government programs to support them.

Many civilized nations have some form of 'universal' healthcare- their citizens are not serfs... :doh

They are comforted by the fact they don't face ruin if a loved one has a life threatening disease... many 'Mericans have been forced into bankruptcy, divorce, poverty by health care issues.

I can see where young people rail against taxes for programs they don't need right now, but if you have any empathy you see how beneficial these programs are for many elderly, and YOU once you start finding grey hairs in your pubis... :peace

No,m it's called history. You should read some.

Well, there's a few of the "sensible" crowd around. Amy Klobuchar comes to mind. I like her, but think she lacks the charisma to compete with Trump. But she seems moderate, sane, and above all - realistic.

But my biggest concern is that it seems to take a high degree of personal charisma, to pull it off these days. Obama had it in universal/global terms. Trump had it in partisan terms. Hillary did not have it at all. Then again, we have those with pure charisma but little substance. I submit Beto O'Rourke as the prime example. I don't see charisma alone working, but do feel it is a necessary component to prevail. Sanders has it of sorts, in a "fire in the belly" way.

True, and I mentioned Klobuchar earlier in a post. Realistic is a good word. You are right, that is not what people want. You have heard my now about the 2 candidates being booed for giving their honest opinion (Delaney and Hickenloper) That doesn't seem to sit well, although they might have a more receptive audience elsewhere.
May be we can find someone else before time?

As a dual citizen, I spend the majority of my time in Toronto and I never feel that Canadian politicos 'own' me despite my use of the healthcare system here, or that I'm beholden to the government; this is patently absurd.

Pete has no substance either.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg pressed on why he doesn't have policy proposals - CNN Video

Hilarious.

And I don't think negotiators who start off asking for a half-loaf and get crumbs at best like Klobuchar (or Obama) are sensible so much as weak, pitiful and incompetent.

Last edited:
Personally I am all for candidates who recognize that “returning to normalcy” is not enough to sustain a campaign.

I like jay inslee’s campaign for its focus on climate change, But Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren’s campaigns also interest me.

yeah... ****ing Biden and his whole philosophy of how when trump is gone his good 'ol republican friends will somehow gain their sanity again. Such horse****. GOP lost their minds before trump came aboard under Obama and then got worse under trump. Thinking these GOP asshats will ever become reasonable again is absurd. IN a time where the GOP is in eternal hard-ball mode, Biden is promising more democratic wiffle ball playing.

Last edited:
Pete has no substance either.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg pressed on why he doesn't have policy proposals - CNN Video

Hilarious.

And I don't think negotiators who start off asking for a half-loaf and get crumbs at best like Klobuchar (or Obama) are sensible so much as weak, pitiful and incompetent.

They said something like that about Ron Paul. Remember him? Half loaf, cold oats, and certainly not as spontaneous with the necessary snark like so many of our more charismatic candidates. Sadly, it wasn't he who failed, it was us who failed to listen to a man who had so much to say, so much wisdom. Does anyone wonder what would be if he ever made it to the WH?

yeah... ****ing Biden and his whole philosophy of how when trump is gone republicans will gain their sanity again. Such horse****. GOP lost their minds before trump came aboard under Obama and even before that somewhat. Thinking these GOP asshats will ever become reasonable again. IN a time where the GOP is in eternal hard-ball mode, Biden is promising more democratic wiffle ball playing.

Fool. It's an established fact that if you kill the Night King his white walkers will fall.

They said something like that about Ron Paul. Remember him? Half loaf, cold oats, and certainly not as spontaneous with the necessary snark like so many of our more charismatic candidates. Sadly, it wasn't he who failed, it was us who failed to listen to a man who had so much to say, so much wisdom. Does anyone wonder what would be if he ever made it to the WH?

Woulda been interesting to have a Ron Paul 2008 win, that's for sure.

As a dual citizen, I spend the majority of my time in Toronto and I never feel that Canadian politicos 'own' me despite my use of the healthcare system here, or that I'm beholden to the government; this is patently absurd.

Huh huh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom