• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response

I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response. I give the media an "F" grade. The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters. We’re all in this together, or are we???

Why Trump gets an A:

• He has stepped away from the spotlight and given the two expert doctors a large platform to discuss the virus. Yes, Trump is not a doctor but being a doctor does not make one qualified in itself. Is Trump less qualified to speak about this, for example, compared to Rand Paul or Ben Carson? As Albert Einstein once said, “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.”

• Stopped flights from China and Europe early on. That showed decisive leadership

• Tackled the problem early. Many Democrats/members of the media called Trump's policies xenophobic and hysterical. Boy, they were wrong.

• Unlike previous presidents, he was able to work well with Congress. He negotiated with Democrats which led to a Stimulus Bill. Received praise from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Ilhan Omar for his prompt response.

• Comes across as very measured. He did not cause Americans to panic or support policies that would attack our individual civil liberties and rights. He could have easily caved and put this country on a national lockdown or something even more drastic like suspending all domestic flights or putting certain states on quarantine, which would have been illegal and unconstitutional. That could have led to chaos or riots on the street.

Bueno Trump! Mission almost accomplished! We avoided a near disaster!

Wow, talk about a work of fiction.

Back
Top Bottom