• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response

Even a stopped clock his right twice a day. But his putting down of the reporter who gave him a softball question that Trump could easily have hit out of the park is an example of his failed leadership otherwise. The guy can’t help himself.

He tends to put down reporters who hurt America by refusing to do journalism, for deciding that America needed activists instead, because UTOPIA is not going to get here on its own.

His base tends to understand what is going on even as the "experts" claim they dont.

Two of the uneducated that love Trump.

Barbarians and proud of it they are.

They're not the first to be so of course.

Just the first in the modern USA to be so and to be loud and proud about it -- shameless. This shall not stand.

Hardly... I have a problem with people that are marginally educated, oversell their understanding by taking advantage of the malleable and even less educated people.
So, you are bigoted but don't admit it. How Democratic.

Barbarians and proud of it they are.

They're not the first to be so of course.

Just the first in the modern USA to be so and to be loud and proud about it -- shameless. This shall not stand.

The Little People have gotten uppity, now insist upon better work from their leaders, leaders who have long been skimming greats amounts of wealth off of this nation even as they for instance sold out our national interest to the Chinese.

Your enormous upset towards the Rebellion is interesting.

You are also on the wrong side of history.

May you live long enough to learn.

He tends to put down reporters who hurt America by refusing to do journalism, for deciding that America needed activists instead, because UTOPIA is not going to get here on its own.

His base tends to understand what is going on even as the "experts" claim they dont.

So a reporter asks Trump a question about what his message is to the American people in this crisis, and instead of going Churchill on him, Trump responds that he’s a lousy reporter. I get it. You like the fact that the man is a jerk. Read carefully: Trump could have hit it out of the park. Instead, he played the dick. His default position.

So a reporter asks Trump a question about what his message is to the American people in this crisis, and instead of going Churchill on him, Trump responds that he’s a lousy reporter. I get it. You like the fact that the man is a jerk. Read carefully: Trump could have hit it out of the park. Instead, he played the dick. His default position.

Oh Please....after THE PRICK EXTRAORDINAIRE (Obama of course) Trump is a GD breath of fresh air.

Weak men apologize for something they did not do.

Trump is an alpha male. Respected by many, hated by more.

An "alpha male" who nursed fake bone spurs while others went to fight a war so he could stay home and inherit daddy's money. Then he has the nerve to belittle a war hero's heroism.

No one sucks harder as a human that trump.

Re: Why I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response

Alas the Black Swan of Covid-19 was sent over and from out of the blue to shat upon you guys.

To paraphrase, this isn't the end of the beginning, it is the beginning of the end.

Beginning to approach the critical mass. As I've cited, the Lord works in strange ways don't He.

The Right has been tested in the presence of Trump the false God, the anti Christ, and you guys falling in behind him have strayed from the Path.

Don't be ridiculous. The virus is not evidence of vengeance of some atheistic natural power of some sort on America for electing Trump president.

Trump could step to the side the podium and drop his pants, and the adorers would say, "He did the right thing".

The Little People have gotten uppity, now insist upon better work from their leaders, leaders who have long been skimming greats amounts of wealth off of this nation even as they for instance sold out our national interest to the Chinese.

Your enormous upset towards the Rebellion is interesting.

You are also on the wrong side of history.

May you live long enough to learn.

Your immense knowledge is exceeded only by your awesome generosity.

Seriously.

:2rofll:

The problem for "The Little People" you reference is that Trump can't seem 'em down there cause they're below his big belly. Either way Trump is the first Potus since Nixon went to Beijing to hate China and be clear about it. Hell even Reagan went to China and smiled.

Now however the Wuhan China Covid-19 Global Plague has compounded what was already an escalating Western reassessment of relations with CCP Boyz in Beijing. WHO is thrust into it now too due to the new Director General from Ethiopia being BFF with Beijing and Beijing's BFF Roberet Mugabe.

Once the US and Europe get the CV19 under new management and away from Beijing, investigations of Beijing and its Global Plague are likely to begin along with direct economic and corporate consequences. Obama's China experts btw gave up on Beijing during OB's second 4 years so there's nothing left for Beijing there either.

Don't be ridiculous. The virus is not evidence of vengeance of some atheistic natural power of some sort on America for electing Trump president.

I didn't say the Covid-19 was against Trump or against America.

I said you guys fell in behind a false God, Trump the anti Christ himself.

And that you're witnessing the collapse of the disaster named Trump to whom the Right is devoted absolutely. Till the end in other words. I've been saying that while USA hasn't gone to hell just yet, I can say now that we can see it from here. Your not feeling the heat is a poor indicator of what's to come for you guys.

There's a lot of hatred in the partisan divide.
Why is there so much animosity directed at a political figure who is trying to pull us out of a crisis never before seen in this country. People got behind FDR who spent billions and billions on questionable programs but was given credit for getting us through The Depression. Now we are spending trillions on a bipartisan basis and Trump gets criticized for not spending enough. This president is trying to get us through this pandemic and there are millions upon millions of so-called Americans who want to see him fail so they can say "I TOLD YOU SO!!".
What do you make of that? Shouldn't we be supporting the duly elected president in the time of a national crisis?
Or are the people who call themselves Americans and want to see Trump lose the real dumb asses you want to identify with your biased question?

Trump has exploted the partisan divide in order to win the election and stay in power. He has made everything in this country an us vs them issue.

I didn't say the Covid-19 was against Trump or against America.

I said you guys fell in behind a false God, Trump the anti Christ himself.

And that you're witnessing the collapse of the disaster named Trump to whom the Right is devoted absolutely. Till the end in other words. I've been saying that while USA hasn't gone to hell just yet, I can say now that we can see it from here. Your not feeling the heat is a poor indicator of what's to come for you guys.

You refer to Trump as a false God. He is not a god of any kind, real or fake. He is just another man serving as President of the US doing what he was elected by tens of millions of Americans to do. Nobody should mistake a public human figure as a god.

The US is experiencing troubles which are unusual but those troubles are not Trump's fault. People need to stop thinking a political leader is supposed to keep the people safe and to deliver them from troubles as if he was God. People should pray to God for deliverance from evil no matter who is president.

Oh Please....after THE PRICK EXTRAORDINAIRE (Obama of course) Trump is a GD breath of fresh air.

So tell me, what did he accomplish by insulting a reporter for asking a legit, softball question? In fact, what has Trump accomplished by insulting Latinos, blacks and women? Hardly fresh air.

You refer to Trump as a false God. He is not a god of any kind, real or fake. He is just another man serving as President of the US doing what he was elected by tens of millions of Americans to do. Nobody should mistake a public human figure as a god.

The US is experiencing troubles which are unusual but those troubles are not Trump's fault. People need to stop thinking a political leader is supposed to keep the people safe and to deliver them from troubles as if he was God. People should pray to God for deliverance from evil no matter who is president.

One size fits all in other words.

Except each time the armband right says thank God you guys are thanking the one and only rightwing political extremist crackpot God of your own creation. So your gibberish means nothing over here and elsewhere.

The reason has been said before, Archie Bunker ran for Potus and he got elected. Putin is behind it and either Archie Bunker is too stupid to know or he's too stupid to be able to hide it. Or he's just flat out brazen about it. To Archie none of it matters as long as Archie gets to be Mussolini.

It's all in the Trump family.

One size fits all in other words.

Except each time the armband right says thank God you guys are thanking the one and only rightwing political extremist crackpot God of your own creation. So your gibberish means nothing over here and elsewhere.

The reason has been said before, Archie Bunker ran for Potus and he got elected. Putin is behind it and either Archie Bunker is too stupid to know or he's too stupid to be able to hide it. Or he's just flat out brazen about it. To Archie none of it matters as long as Archie gets to be Mussolini.

It's all in the Trump family.

You seem confused. Trump is not Russian communist. That would be Bernie and his foursome squad of groupie Muslim followers in the House.

You seem confused. Trump is not Russian communist. That would be Bernie and his foursome squad of groupie Muslim followers in the House.

Russia isn't communist. It's a kleptocracy. Trump fits right in.

I've been with Geritol Joe all the way, as I call him affectionately. America needs a Joe Biden for some calm, order, stability for a while. While Trump is the willful opposite of stability Bernie luv him ain't it either.

No, Trump is not a communist. Trump is the American Trumpolini. It's what the American Armband Right loves about him.

I've been with Geritol Joe all the way, as I call him affectionately. America needs a Joe Biden for some calm, order, stability for a while. While Trump is the willful opposite of stability Bernie luv him ain't it either.

No, Trump is not a communist. Trump is the American Trumpolini. It's what the American Armband Right loves about him.

Nearly 34,000 new cases and over 2000 deaths today...

Trump: "I got this."

:doh

EVQ2Q1XXQAIgv-q

I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response. I give the media an "F" grade. The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters. We’re all in this together, or are we???
Why Trump gets an A:
  • He has stepped away from the spotlight and given the two expert doctors a large platform to discuss the virus. Yes, Trump is not a doctor but being a doctor does not make one qualified in itself. Is Trump less qualified to speak about this, for example, compared to Rand Paul or Ben Carson? As Albert Einstein once said, “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.”
  • Stopped flights from China and Europe early on. That showed decisive leadership
  • Tackled the problem early. Many Democrats/members of the media called Trump's policies xenophobic and hysterical. Boy, they were wrong.
  • Unlike previous presidents, he was able to work well with Congress. He negotiated with Democrats which led to a Stimulus Bill. Received praise from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Ilhan Omar for his prompt response.
  • Comes across as very measured. He did not cause Americans to panic or support policies that would attack our individual civil liberties and rights. He could have easily caved and put this country on a national lockdown or something even more drastic like suspending all domestic flights or putting certain states on quarantine, which would have been illegal and unconstitutional. That could have led to chaos or riots on the street.
Bueno Trump! Mission almost accomplished! We avoided a near disaster!
I will add this... there is no one at all on the left that is capable of handling this crisis as well as Trump has handled it. And they would have the complete support of the leftist media. Factor in that Trump has to do all this, while the left is constantly trying to make him look bad and use anything and everything they can against him.

Remember, Joe Biden called him a xenophobe for stopping travel from China. He would have made the 100% wrong, disastrous call, given the chance. Not only has the media ignored this, they would have him replace trump tomorrow if the could. His first order of business would need to be an order of more body bags.

I will add this... there is no one at all on the left that is capable of handling this crisis as well as Trump has handled it. And they would have the complete support of the leftist media. Factor in that Trump has to do all this, while the left is constantly trying to make him look bad and use anything and everything they can against him.

Remember, Joe Biden called him a xenophobe for stopping travel from China. He would have made the 100% wrong, disastrous call, given the chance. Not only has the media ignored this, they would have him replace trump tomorrow if the could. His first order of business would need to be an order of more body bags.

No, Biden didn't do that. People keep saying that Biden said that. But he never said that. Sure, Biden called trump xenophobic. But not because he restricted (some) travel from china.

I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response. I give the media an "F" grade. The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters. We’re all in this together, or are we???

Why Trump gets an A:

• He has stepped away from the spotlight and given the two expert doctors a large platform to discuss the virus. Yes, Trump is not a doctor but being a doctor does not make one qualified in itself. Is Trump less qualified to speak about this, for example, compared to Rand Paul or Ben Carson? As Albert Einstein once said, “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.”

• Stopped flights from China and Europe early on. That showed decisive leadership

• Tackled the problem early. Many Democrats/members of the media called Trump's policies xenophobic and hysterical. Boy, they were wrong.

• Unlike previous presidents, he was able to work well with Congress. He negotiated with Democrats which led to a Stimulus Bill. Received praise from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Ilhan Omar for his prompt response.

• Comes across as very measured. He did not cause Americans to panic or support policies that would attack our individual civil liberties and rights. He could have easily caved and put this country on a national lockdown or something even more drastic like suspending all domestic flights or putting certain states on quarantine, which would have been illegal and unconstitutional. That could have led to chaos or riots on the street.

Bueno Trump! Mission almost accomplished! We avoided a near disaster!

This is a thread worthy of revisiting every now and then. Perhaps if for no other reason than give us a bit of humility and perspective.

I do think the grading here was a bit generous.... perhaps it was the grade for attendance as it surely would not be the grade today.

People have no issue blaming trump when things go bad (even when it is not his fault) but refuse to give him credit when things go right.

Trump is the QB of America. He deserves credit when it is due.

I do think Trump is going to get the credit he is due in November.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom