• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response

Excellent chronology of this buffoon we have for a leader. It boggles my mind that his approval rating has not dropped to 0% by now. It really doesn't matter what he does that 42% will follow him to the grave.

Are you really an American; a veteran who wants to see the president fail in what he is doing?

BS.

He is distracted, uninterested, and clearly focused on nothing more than skating from responsibility, finger pointing, and trying to turn these news conferences into television rallies for himself.

There is no sign that anything he is doing is measured at all. It’s usually defensive. Finally doing what the experts around him begged him to do for days and weeks.

Trump never issued a stay in order. Suggested face masks, before he exempted himself from having to wear one.

Trump has tried to ignore the crisis, blame others, avoid taking charge (leave it up to the governors and let the states compete with the Federal government for resources), and made not even a token attempt to put is on a national crisis footing (other than these briefings).

Even now, he has his noise machine primed to declare obviously premature victory (a familiar Trump trait).

You can make excuses all day long, and I know you will.

But no leader in a crisis ever, ever says, “Frankly no, I take no responsibility at all”.

It should be engraved on his headstone.

Another vote Trump has lost. How will he ever win now? Maybe with Biden as an opponent.

Yes I am one of DP's premier Trump Groupies but when I claim that Trump is one of the last of the Great Men I am not saying that Trump is a hot squeeze, I am talking about a type of man, a man who demands that he be the best he can be, a man who will devote his life to becoming the best he can be, a man who thus tends to be better than most of the others..... the ones who dont do the work.

It is no accident that his wifes signature First Lady initiative is "BE BEST".

Trump is a conman. That's arguably the only category in which he could be described being great, or the greatest. Everything he touches dies. And now not just figuratively, but literally.

Last edited:
Are you really an American; a veteran who wants to see the president fail in what he is doing?

Sorry, to have to break it to you, but he has failed in what he is doing.

We're #1 !!!
Number one in infections.
Number one in casualties, far above China which has four times the population.
Number one in dead to infected ratio

The only thing we are NOT Number One in...is TESTING.

Our response to this crisis isn't even as good as Iran's.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F2ae1b1c8-7a9f-11ea-af44-daa3def9ae03

I have to ask. You thought this post was gonna get a bunch of likes didn't you? Also, Do you work for China? Do they pay you to spread your propaganda?

Putin-Trump Rowers have been calculated and evil from the outset of the Trumpolini campaign in 2015. Now the desperation of trying to deflect to China and away from Russia is a fail. The whole thing is falling apart in front of 'em.

It's slowly dawning on the Adorables how much he is in Jeapordy come Nov. It's just a shame his inaction and BS the past 3 months has cost American lives.

Re: Why I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response

Surely you are kidding? You don't believe undeniable facts? Trump has collapsed democrat reporter's attempts to catch him in statements they can twist to make him appear dishonest, stupid of corrupt. He lets the wolves direct their questions at experts on the podium, thus destroying their well laid sneak attacks on him. The leftist liberal reporters are not looking for answers and they don't want to talk to experts, they want Trump to answer their gotcha questions so they can hurt him by dishonest manipulation of his words.

You can cut the leftist reporters' disappointment with a knife when Trump sidesteps their ambush.

Alas the Black Swan of Covid-19 was sent over and from out of the blue to shat upon you guys.

To paraphrase, this isn't the end of the beginning, it is the beginning of the end.

Beginning to approach the critical mass. As I've cited, the Lord works in strange ways don't He.

The Right has been tested in the presence of Trump the false God, the anti Christ, and you guys falling in behind him have strayed from the Path.

I have to ask. You thought this post was gonna get a bunch of likes didn't you? Also, Do you work for China? Do they pay you to spread your propaganda?

It's really bothering you that the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control isn't kow-towing to your hero, isn't it?
That's who provided the data to Financial Times, but you can source it directly from ECDPC if you care to search for it.

That's the only reason I can think would cause you to pivot to acting like a petulant nine year-old caught stealing Mommy's cigarettes.
Perhaps this is just how you amuse yourself. I certainly and sincerely hope so, because if this is the way you act in real life, there's probably a 75% chance you will get infected with this virus, and given your deep seated personality flaws, it's going to do you in unless you pull your head out of your ***.

Re: Why I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response

I do not understand why Trump subjects himself to constant ambush questions which are asked to create sound bites for future Democrat ad spots. I know it's all a game to him. Trump is addicted to having a podium and a microphone in front of him thinking he can convince opponents that he is right and they are wrong.
Sometimes I wish CNN and MSNBC would stop broadcasting these press meeting wheres no useful information is given and Trump (because of his personality) is forced to spar with reporters asking gotcha questions.

You don't think that it would be responsible for the so called 'journalists' to ask pertinant and legitimate information questions rather than 'gotcha questions'? I mean after all journalists are supposed to be 'holding elected official accountable' and 'speaking truth to power' rather than 'reporters asking gotcha questions'?

The more the so called 'journalists' 'asking gotcha questions', the more they reveal themselves and their political activism rather then being reporters of politics. And in this, the demonstration is rather informative to the electorate. Don't you think?

Trump was a accused of xenophobic actions because of his propensity to blame others. The travel ban, which was not really a ban, but a restriction, was consistent with that philosophy: things go wrong, find a boogeyman and raise the draw bridge (or build a wall). He banned foreign nationals that had been to China in the previous two weeks from entering the country. He did not ban Americans from going there and returning, which was every bit as problematic.

Though this move as A step in the right direction, that is all it was A step. He raised the draw bridge to keep other out. He then did almost nothing for six weeks, denying this was even a problem. Sorry, but hitting a solo homer in the first rarely is sufficient to win the game... and certainly not this game.

The only thing Trump did proactively on this whole matter was to raise the draw bridge. He should stop bragging about it was obviously ineffective as a stand-alone measure and thus only stands to highlight his ineffectiveness.

Trump, Biden Spin China Travel Restrictions - FactCheck.org

Obviously the travel ban was insufficient as the US now has more CoronaVirus cases than anywhere else in the world.... and that is known cases. We also have done a very poor job on per capital testing. The number of cases is likely much, much larger than we know.

Again, show us an expert that says Trump has done a great job on this..... we are waiting.

Last edited:
Trump was a accused of xenophobic actions because of his propensity to blame others. The travel ban, which was not really a ban, but a restriction, was consistent with that philosophy: things go wrong, find a boogeyman and raise the draw bridge (or build a wall). He banned foreign nationals that had been to China in the previous two weeks from entering the country. He did not ban Americans from going there and returning, which was every bit as problematic.

Though this move as A step in the right direction, that is all it was A step. He raised the draw bridge to keep other out. He then did almost nothing for six weeks, denying this was even a problem. Sorry, but hitting a solo homer in the first rarely is sufficient to win the game... and certainly not this game.

Trump, Biden Spin China Travel Restrictions - FactCheck.org

Obviously the travel ban was insufficient as the US now has more CoronaVirus cases than anywhere else in the world.... and that is known cases. We also have done a very poor job on per capital testing. The number of cases is likely much, much larger than we know.

Again, show us an expert that says Trump has done a great job on this..... we are waiting.

Again, show me even a handful of experts in the West who have done a great job at this.....we are waiting.

The East has done better.

WHO FAILED

Last edited:
Are you bigoted against people who are self educated? How elitist.

Hardly... I have a problem with people that are marginally educated, oversell their understanding by taking advantage of the malleable and even less educated people.

Hardly... I have a problem with people that are marginally educated, oversell their understanding by taking advantage of the malleable and even less educated people.

I have a bigger problem with the folks who go to the IVY's and then use the manipulation skills they learn there to take advantage of the people.

Usually to enormous personal profit.

I give Trump a solid "A" grade on his coronavirus response. I give the media an "F" grade. The media needs to realize they are suppose to represent us even Trump supporters. We’re all in this together, or are we???

Why Trump gets an A:

• He has stepped away from the spotlight and given the two expert doctors a large platform to discuss the virus. Yes, Trump is not a doctor but being a doctor does not make one qualified in itself. Is Trump less qualified to speak about this, for example, compared to Rand Paul or Ben Carson? As Albert Einstein once said, “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.”

• Stopped flights from China and Europe early on. That showed decisive leadership

• Tackled the problem early. Many Democrats/members of the media called Trump's policies xenophobic and hysterical. Boy, they were wrong.

• Unlike previous presidents, he was able to work well with Congress. He negotiated with Democrats which led to a Stimulus Bill. Received praise from Democrats like Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, and Ilhan Omar for his prompt response.

• Comes across as very measured. He did not cause Americans to panic or support policies that would attack our individual civil liberties and rights. He could have easily caved and put this country on a national lockdown or something even more drastic like suspending all domestic flights or putting certain states on quarantine, which would have been illegal and unconstitutional. That could have led to chaos or riots on the street.

Bueno Trump! Mission almost accomplished! We avoided a near disaster!

Even a stopped clock his right twice a day. But his putting down of the reporter who gave him a softball question that Trump could easily have hit out of the park is an example of his failed leadership otherwise. The guy can’t help himself.

Trump is one of the Great Men....he drives himself to be the best at what ever he decides to do....he drives himself to not waste this life as so many now do.. They who spin their wheels getting nothing important done....even worse they who demand to be carried by the rest of us.

This guy is ALL IN.

As I am sure he would tell you, as would have Mussolini. Just think of his great work on Trump U and the Trump Foundation. Only the beginning of his remarkable legacy. He puts Lincoln and FDR to shame.

Again, show me even a handful of experts in the West who has done a great job at this.....we are waiting.

The East has done better.

WHO FAILED

First, Johnny's 'F' is not an excuse for our 'F', but Germany, Norway, Canada, Australia, Israel, Turkey, Austria, Russia, Chile and Brazil have all had far superior results to that off the US on a per capita death basis, which ultimately is what it is all about. Our deaths are at 50 per million, and will likely climb fast over the next two weeks.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,605,277 Cases and 95,751 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

All of the European countries achieved a flattening of the curve faster than the US (we still haven't achieved it). Any results we have achieved have come from the actions of state and local governments, not because of Trump.

• Chart: Coronavirus: Upward Trajectory or Flattened Curve? | Statista

Opinion | Was Your State Ahead of the Coronavirus Curve? - The New York Times

CORONAVIRUS-CHART-APR9-01-1104x1104.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom